Old Buffalo Bills Message Board

21 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

I was more of a lurker than anything, but I remember five things:

1. Diesel-USMC, after watching EJM play QB for this team, would constantly write these lengthy essays that insisted EJM would be fine.  Oops!  Diesel-USMC was then accused of stolen valor, yet nobody was banned, which was odd because the mods were always banning some person or another.
  2. @jrober38 and @The_Dude went on massive crusades against EJM, like hundreds and hundreds of pages, and were never banned, well, until they were.  I used to enjoy reading their screeds over my morning coffee.  And then @jrober38diversified and suggested that the Bills should bring Cutler on board, and that Jameis Winston and Carson Wentz were bluechip players.  Again, loved reading it.  The hour I spent each morning reading the absurdity of it all -- showed me a bunch of people who had too much time on their hands.
  3. BBMB had a rule (TOS) about being banned if you got banned then returned under another username.  Well, @jrober38did it when he returned as spursfan.  It was clear for all to see, and I got to enjoy the show for a second time, and spursfan wasn't banned before BBMB was shut down, but goddamn.
  4. I once decided to troll a couple of the people mentioned above by appearing with the nickname of VealCutlerWillSaveUsAll, and got banned in about a week.  Interesting choice in moderation, and frankly, glad that BBMB is gone.  We're all better off.
  5. One poster asked if EJM was the most divisive Bills' player ever.  Really?!

Wow good memory. I forgot all about that stuff and those posters lol. I have ***** memory nowadays though 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I didn't know you had been a mod.  I can only imagine.   Easy to see why you quit.

I survived in the job only because I took a low-key approach.   I thought of myself as a near-sighted referee who forget to bring my glasses to the game.   You had to be way out of bounds before I could tell it was time to blow the whistle.  Like I said, it was like the WWE.  

you were the best mod on that board imo. You were fair with people. Other mods it went to their heads and they abused it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tanoros said:

Does anyone remember the name of the poster who mercilessly defended Tyrod Taylor? Some of the last posts I remember where from right after Josh was drafted and that poster essentially saying we f’ed up trading Taylor and especially f’ed up taking Josh. I’ve always wanted to hear that persons perspective now, especially because their ego was big I bet they’d try and squirm around it some how. 

Syrod Saylor....? lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Ah yes, some great memories.

I recall SaviorEdwards when he/she superimposed Trent Edwards face on a picture of Jesus in his flowing robes.

And McAddict, he came in with outlandish tales.  Once McAddict claimed he was going to bet everything on the upcoming bills games, he would even up his mortgage and people were begging him not to do it.

And who was the poster that claimed he was in a drug store and come across Lionel Dotson who taught him blocking moves like the swim move and pushed to poster into a row of feminine hygiene products.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I seem to recall THE SLAMMER wanting the Bills to draft Ryan Nassib because he knew Marrone's system.

Must've been all those painkillers you take, House. 😉

Remember that!!?!  Ryan Nassib!  People actually thought a mediocre quarterback playing for a mediocre coach on a mediocre team was the answer.  

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ah yes, some great memories.

I recall SaviorEdwards when he/she superimposed Trent Edwards face on a picture of Jesus in his flowing robes.

And McAddict, he came in with outlandish tales.  Once McAddict claimed he was going to bet everything on the upcoming bills games, he would even up his mortgage and people were begging him not to do it.

And who was the poster that claimed he was in a drug store and come across Lionel Dotson who taught him blocking moves like the swim move and pushed to poster into a row of feminine hygiene products.

I must've missed THAT one.

Oh, I remember now.  I changed jobs to a tech/sales role, and was basically on the road 4 days per week.  So I kinda worked a LOT and lost touch with BBMB on the daily.  And then it disappeared, at a time where all I wanted to do was to drink my coffee, read BBMB after another nauseating game, poop emoji, shower, then get out of Dodge to come back home.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Wow good memory. I forgot all about that stuff and those posters lol. I have ***** memory nowadays though 

@jrober38 continued his schtick here until JA17 proved himself to be good.  If memory serves, @jrober38 apologized for his doubts, got the badfinger from several people here, and hasn't been heard from since.  @The_Dude was here for a bit, I guess a bunch a people left a few years ago or something, and haven't seen him since, well, not unless he's contributing under a different name.  @The_Dude was a smart guy, and was also a riot, if I recall.  But he also said that a suitable replacement for EJM would be... Blake Bortles.  So there is that.

Edited by TheCockSportif
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/26/2023 at 9:16 AM, Success said:

Anyone remember Chris66?  He was a Pats fan who tried to torment us for many years on the old board, and I think I even saw him on this board for a few years.  Very passive/aggressive - would never overtly troll, and always said he was here for the good discussion, but always took shots at the Bills.

I always said he'd disappear as soon as we were good.

Sometimes he overtly trolled. In fact, WYO finally banned him when he said the Bills wouldn't be relevant until the team was sold and moved to a "real city." I suppose he was half right.

I was disappointed to find him over here, but, as you said, he disappeared when we got good.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/25/2023 at 8:26 PM, Chaos said:

It was a shame they just tool all the old content away.  It would be fun to back and see some of the old threads from many years ago. 

I am not sure it would be archived here, but I have found good articles I was looking for.  Give it a try, it takes a little bit of work.

https://archive.org/web/

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I don't remember that but it sounds like my logic 🤔 

To be fair, you weren't the only one.

Luckily the front office was much smarter than the fans and drafted E.J. Manuel instead. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

I was.  I also currently post on another much smaller message board.  I like it, but sometimes with the much smaller number of threads, there just isn't that much material to react to.  More members here means lots more opinions and threads.  The rules are stricter here, but I don't mind that at all. 

9 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I was.  I also currently post on another much smaller message board.  I like it, but sometimes with the much smaller number of threads, there just isn't that much material to react to.  More members here means lots more opinions and threads.  The rules are stricter here, but I don't mind that at all. 

One misspelled word and you could be gone

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

I must've missed THAT one.

Oh, I remember now.  I changed jobs to a tech/sales role, and was basically on the road 4 days per week.  So I kinda worked a LOT and lost touch with BBMB on the daily.  And then it disappeared, at a time where all I wanted to do was to drink my coffee, read BBMB after another nauseating game, poop emoji, shower, then get out of Dodge to come back home.

@jrober38 continued his schtick here until JA17 proved himself to be good.  If memory serves, @jrober38 apologized for his doubts, got the badfinger from several people here, and hasn't been heard from since.  @The_Dude was here for a bit, I guess a bunch a people left a few years ago or something, and haven't seen him since, well, not unless he's contributing under a different name.  @The_Dude was a smart guy, and was also a riot, if I recall.  But he also said that a suitable replacement for EJM would be... Blake Bortles.  So there is that.

The_Dude was classic. Some very good posters have disappeared. What happened to Hapless?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.