Old Buffalo Bills Message Board

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I think you have this wrong.  I was a mod on BBMB, and the Bills wouldn't give us authority to deal with the bad actors.  As a result, there were days when it was pretty chaotic, and there was a lot of misbehavior.   People said a lot of nasty stuff to each other.  

A lot of the mods there joined Billievers when they shut down.

5 minutes ago, chongli said:

A lot of the mods there joined Billievers when they shut down.

All good people like the mods here on TBD IMO. Doing a thankless job, well, SDS I'm sure thanks them.

Many reside at Fox's safe Haven now. Smaller well run site modeled like TBD IMO. 

https://www.billsfans.com/forums/

(Mods, If its OK with you guys to post the site. ) 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Figster said:

All good people like the mods here on TBD IMO. Doing a thankless job, well, SDS I'm sure thanks them.

Many reside at Fox's safe Haven now. Smaller well run site modeled like TBD IMO. 

Went there.. 1st thread I clicked about the aftermath of the Bengals/Bills game was a moderator who believes that Damar Hamlin died and was replaced by an imposter. I'm glad that place exists to take the runoff. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, chongli said:

I think you have this wrong.  I was a mod on BBMB, and the Bills wouldn't give us authority to deal with the bad actors.  As a result, there were days when it was pretty chaotic, and there was a lot of misbehavior.   People said a lot of nasty stuff to each other.  

But.... lots of laughs and a good time had by all.   Those were the days....before man buns, Karens and the problem with pronouns....lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Wasn’t he one of the guys who would post something and then immediately log into the other account to agree with himself? I feel like there were a couple cases of that, but one or two were pretty infamous 😂

Aka the Twitter strategy! 🤣

game day threads were my best recollections.  I met in the chatroom a poster ]during  a dead super bowl game thread named Howard W Campbell Jr.. 

We bonded over a tom brady crying baby gif #Truestory 

After the poof I actually searched him out and he eventually received word and we Chat reacquainted at billievers.

GREAT poster. Amigo to this day.

And he CHEATS in the predict score threads. Rabblerouser. I hope word gets back to him and he logs in here to reply

@HowardWCampbellJr 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Moderating isn't easy, and the moderation here isn't perfect, but the mods here have authority and exercise it in ways that keep the place civil and keep the conversations going and on point.   You can tell the moderation here is good because (1) there's active discussion and (2) people aren't leaving.  

Thats what actually made it better my dear friend.

32 minutes ago, chongli said:

You actually quoted @Shaw66 in this post. 😊

I know, I couldn't find his post so I just quoted selection.

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Actually, I think there was a lot of thought put into.   The Bills are all about two things:  winning on the football side, and making money on the business side.  The Bills were making more money on social media, and they figured out that the message board wasn't doing anything for them.  It wasn't driving business for them, at all.  It wasn't selling advertising.  Nothing.   And from time to time, some poster was unhappy and complained to the Bills about what he thought was mistreatment.   On top of that, they saw that if they imposed stricter rules (something the mods wanted), they would irritate more people.   So, they saw no upside to maintaining the board.   

It also didn't make sense to announce the shutdown in advance.   That would just engender a lot of complaining.   So, they decided the best thing to do was simply to pull the plug without notice.  One morning, it just wasn't there. 

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!.....LOL

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, chongli said:

Ah, got it. [In the future, to find a quoted post, just click on that curved arrow to the right of the user:

20230126_141834.jpg

Cool Thank ya

29 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I know, I couldn't find his post so I just quoted selection.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!.....LOL

Sorry Shaw I have big respect. Just bustin balls....

• Like (+1) 1

I was there before ending up here. 
I did sign up here as well a long time ago, and while I spent some time on here, when that board was still running, most of my posting was done there.

Thankfully, this site got mostly the good posters, rather than the lunatic fringe.

In the latter days of it, it would crash regularly on game days, until they finally stopped new posts while the game was on.

It was an odd place, as often the good threads, stayed interesting and civilised, but there was an awful lot of hot takes and lamp stuff around.

The ignore list had plenty on it there, whereas this board doesn’t have hardly any, which is as much a testament to the moderation as anything else.

Yep. I started posting there back in like 2003. It was a daily visit for years until they shut it down and decided social media was the only way they wanted to interact with fans. 

Migrated here when that happened. It's usually a pretty good spot to debate and discuss. After losses like the divisional round tho it can get flooded with tons of negativity. So many wanna shout about everything that's wrong and awful and needs changed, etc etc. It usually fades the more we get into the off-season but this year there seem to be some real loud knuckleheads. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Hey, Figster. Hope you are well, old friend. It can't compete with this site for substantial insight on football. I mainly post over there on matters that are not sports related. If you've read any of my posts over there, you know why.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Floridagatorsbuffalobills said:

Hey all,

So I use to be a regular on the old official Bills message board when they had the message board on their actual website. They shut it down after the Pegulas took over and my message board days ended, but after that Bengals game I had to start looking for places to vent.

Just curious if anyone in here was a regular on that board?

I was Billsin2024 on that board.

Guess when the next Super Bowl is.

Go Bills!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.