Old Buffalo Bills Message Board

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Who was the poster, not sure here or on the old board, that would argue with everybody and never stop, finally the moderator kept giving him warnings and he get on one track and wouldn't be quiet, he was after being told it was it he couldn't help himself and finally got vanquished.

I remember this person but not which board it happened on. Didn’t he always have a signature like “Peace and Love everybody ✌️” at the end of his posts?

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Wasn’t he one of the guys who would post something and then immediately log into the other account to agree with himself? I feel like there were a couple cases of that, but one or two were pretty infamous 😂

nicely done!

that was him/them.  he was great.  he'd often forget who he was posting as and the arguments would get all jumbled up.  my favorite was his excuse that it happened because they were just good friends for years and could finish each other's sentences.  he claimed they met in vietnam where they were in the service together.  well, he did this on the cowboys board as well, and a few of the real veterans figured it out.  the story then changed to they actually met as boy scouts, but since one of them had done a significant amount of drugs, he was confused an misspoke about vietnam and meant boy scouts.  it was glorious.

• Haha (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm a transplant (strange that when that board shut down this team got good) but I kind of wish I knew about this board all along.  Better moderated and not as many duplicate threads on the same topic.

There's been some good posters from the past already mentioned but their was a user named Jay Fiedler who may have been the funniest troll I've ever seen.  He did go too far though like when Fiedler retired he was asking our opinion if god would forgive him for committing suicide especially since he believed Miroslav Satan was the devil in human form.

Some great trolls on there the comedy was off the charts back then. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I remember this person but not which board it happened on. Didn’t he always have a signature like “Peace and Love everybody ✌️” at the end of his posts?

Yes I think he did.  One of my big arguments with him was when I stated I was a libertarian's and he wont off on a speech that I wasnn't AS IF HE KNEW ME.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

I joined BBMB after the ESPN team forum threads shutdown. That place was ran like North Korea at the end and I'm not even exaggerating. 90% of the threads and posters wouldn't not even exist here at TBD. If you criticized or challenged anything about the FO, your thread was deleted and or you got a ban. 

Very happy to call this place home since the 2017 merge. 

giphy.gif

Yeah at the end they got out of control.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

That was Butch from the East Side. He'd write it in multiple colors.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I was there, loved it. It was my favorite board of all time.  I miss Wyo, she was my favorite poster there.  Wonder what ever happened to her. 

She's an awesome poster.

@Rochesterfanhas always been one of my favorite posters. There and now here on TBD. Very knowledgeable poster when it comes to football IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

ey yo

16 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I was there, loved it. It was my favorite board of all time.  I miss Wyo, she was my favorite poster there.  Wonder what ever happened to her. 

think she is here? There is a wyoazbillsfan who often emoticons my gameday posts. I always assumed that was her and she remembered me....I mean, my gameday posts ARE awesome, but...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup....an old member of the carnage that was BBMB.  TBD is more civilized, most of the time.

Wyo, Golden Wheels, Perfect Spiral....good times.

I am flattered my stupidity stuck with anyone. Spiral...wow. Haven't thought of him in a while. Neo, Neubs, Beast (he's here I believe)....some real characters there bitd, too many to list.

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Tom Donahoe used to post on there under a pseudonym of course! 

I believe said pseudonym was "FlaFitz"....XD

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Who was the poster, not sure here or on the old board, that would argue with everybody and never stop, finally the moderator kept giving him warnings and he get on one track and wouldn't be quiet, he was after being told it was it he couldn't help himself and finally got vanquished.

BBMB? Several of those through the years! 😂  

Was fun watching some of them come to a reckoning with the Ban Hammer.  Sometimes you could sense a poster had enough and didn’t care for the rules any longer, and would be gone soon.

That was the good/bad part of BBMB. So many posters would fall victim to permabans.  Some really good ones that I enjoyed their content.  Seemed almost daily someone was axed.  At least, that’s how I remember it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I was more of a lurker than anything, but I remember five things:

1. Diesel-USMC, after watching EJM play QB for this team, would constantly write these lengthy essays that insisted EJM would be fine.  Oops!  Diesel-USMC was then accused of stolen valor, yet nobody was banned, which was odd because the mods were always banning some person or another.
  2. @jrober38 and @The_Dude went on massive crusades against EJM, like hundreds and hundreds of pages, and were never banned, well, until they were.  I used to enjoy reading their screeds over my morning coffee.  And then @jrober38diversified and suggested that the Bills should bring Cutler on board, and that Jameis Winston and Carson Wentz were bluechip players.  Again, loved reading it.  The hour I spent each morning reading the absurdity of it all -- showed me a bunch of people who had too much time on their hands.
  3. BBMB had a rule (TOS) about being banned if you got banned then returned under another username.  Well, @jrober38did it when he returned as spursfan.  It was clear for all to see, and I got to enjoy the show for a second time, and spursfan wasn't banned before BBMB was shut down, but goddamn.
  4. I once decided to troll a couple of the people mentioned above by appearing with the nickname of VealCutlerWillSaveUsAll, and got banned in about a week.  Interesting choice in moderation, and frankly, glad that BBMB is gone.  We're all better off.
  5. One poster asked if EJM was the most divisive Bills' player ever.  Really?!
Edited by TheCockSportif
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

I was more of a lurker than anything, but I remember four things:

1. Diesel-USMC, after watching EJM play QB for this team, would constantly write these lengthy essays that insisted EJM would be fine.  Oops!
  2. @jrober38 and @The_Dude went on massive crusades against EJM, like hundreds and hundreds of pages, and were never banned, well, until they were.  I used to enjoy reading their screeds over my morning coffee.  And then @jrober38diversified and suggested that the Bills should bring Cutler on board, and that Jameis Winston and Carson Wentz were bluechip players.  Again, loved reading it.  The hour I spent each morning reading the absurdity of it all -- showed me a bunch of people who had too much time on their hands.
  3. BBMB had a rule (TOS) about being banned if you got banned then returned under another username.  Well, @jrober38did it when he returned as spursfan.  It was clear for all to see, and I got to enjoy the show for a second time, and spursfan wasn't banned before BBMB was shut down, but goddamn.
  4. I once decided to troll a couple of the people mentioned above by appearing with the nickname of VealCutlerWillSaveUsAll, and got banned in about a week.  Interesting choice in moderation, and frankly, glad that BBMB is gone.  We're all better off.

I also got caught up in the E J will be fine camp. 

So Diesel is the culprit, lol

Hey man, I liked his essays ;  )

Edited by Figster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.