Homer Radio

BillsFan692

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If you're listening to WGR all day (even though you hate it) then we will hard pressed to find anything that is NOT worth your time.  

The contrast may be one team has been a super bowl contender by a consensus of critics and the other team has the league's longest active playoff drought streak. 

Yes one team is championship level and the other isn't. I don't think that has anything to do with it. The Sabres show will criticize the team especially this season when they have bad games or critize the lack of moves. 

Where as it's a love fest for the Bills. The rarely will say anything bad. 

3 hours ago, arcane said:

I've seen this sentiment more than once. Why do people think the saints won the SB after Katrina? The Saints were terrible that season. Their super bowl victory was 4.5 years after the hurricane hit lol

So, about 4 years from now we'll be due!  

5 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

They are trying to tell us our coaches and coordinators are fine and actually it was just the damar hamlin injury that derailed the season.

I want to reach through my headphone and punch steve tasker in the face right now lol

In related news Russian State TV says while there was a slight set back, the special military operation is going well & they expect victory next year if they just stay the course.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

If you cant admit your deficiencies you cannot grow. You cannot learn. You cannot advance.

Thats how i feel about this entire regime the last 3 seasons. It feels like they learn nothing, admit no wrongs, make little changes.

There's truth to this. McD's go-to quote after each season ending loss is "We'll learn from this."

I doesn't appear to me that they've learned anything. Trying to run it back (again) with Frazier seems insane.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Agreed.  Chiefs don't match up well with them either.  I expect the Bengals to smash the Chiefs on Sunday.

Not going to happen.  The Chiefs have a pass rush, a hall of fame head coach and the MVP of 2022 at QB.  We are going to see how over rated the Bills were by the media and some fans when the Chiefs pull this one out.  

22 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Not going to happen.  The Chiefs have a pass rush, a hall of fame head coach and the MVP of 2022 at QB.  We are going to see how over rated the Bills were by the media and some fans when the Chiefs pull this one out.  

Certainly possible 

17 hours ago, mannc said:

How do you think this team gets past the Bengals and Chiefs next year (not to mention the Jets and Dolphins)?  Do you thinks McDermott will get smarter?  That Dorsey will figure out how to scheme up a running game and short passing plays?  That Beane will suddenly draft a bunch of plug and play offensive linemen?  Epenesa and Basham somehow leap from replacement level players to stars?  

Yes to Dorsey. Hopefully Beane does that. Epenesa and Basham don't need to be stars.

16 hours ago, Radar said:

Yes, he said so. And I say so also. If you couldn't see this coming take off the rose colored fandom  glasses.

#1 DVOA in the NFL. You don't get that ranking by not playing teams.

It was one crappy game. You guys are more emotional than my 12 year old daughter.

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yes to Dorsey. Hopefully Beane does that. Epenesa and Basham don't need to be stars.

#1 DVOA in the NFL. You don't get that ranking by not playing teams.

It was one crappy game. You guys are more emotional than my 12 year old daughter.

Please understand I'm not being emotional at all. I predicted this loss beforehand. It's not a reaction to this game. It's observations made for half a season of games that we won most of. I should add I've been a fan since the inception of the franchise and my grandchildren are older than your daughter.

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Yes one team is championship level and the other isn't. I don't think that has anything to do with it. The Sabres show will criticize the team especially this season when they have bad games or critize the lack of moves. 

Where as it's a love fest for the Bills. The rarely will say anything bad. 

you like hockey?

Just now, teef said:

you like hockey?

Yeah and use a gold cup to drink my fancy beer out of. 

In all honesty it has nothing with hockey. My point was how each comment on the teams they cover. It has nothing to do with how good or bad they are. The Bills guys shy away from any criticism while the Sabres guys have no problem with it. They both work for their prospective teams. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Yeah and use a gold cup to drink my fancy beer out of. 

In all honesty it has nothing with hockey. My point was how each comment on the teams they cover. It has nothing to do with how good or bad they are. The Bills guys shy away from any criticism while the Sabres guys have no problem with it. They both work for their prospective teams. 

it may just be the personalities involved.  i don't listen to the local stuff, so i'll defer to you.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

it may just be the personalities involved.  i don't listen to the local stuff, so i'll defer to you.

I don't think it's that. I will say Brown has never said anything bad about the Bills. I do wonder cause they work for the Bills they just are afraid to rock the boat. Even Bills press conferences a lot of the media give softball questions. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.