Homer Radio

BillsFan692

35 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Let’s take a minute and think back to the off-season. We should really give a piece of our minds to the people setting those lofty expectations with such certainty. Who were they again?

Yes ,  I can’t disagree at all and I was one of them although I  never articulated it  here, I saw no point in putting more hype in an overhyped situation.

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Remember,  Steve Tasker and Chris Brown are both employed by the Buffalo Bills not the radio station.

Exactly . Again , what do fans expect to hear from these team employees ?

Any criticism from them will be mild and external factors will be emphasized. Go elsewhere for more critical content. 

32 minutes ago, benderbender said:

If we were so obviously gassed and mentally exhausted, who is the cheapskate who didn’t pony up the dough for a motivational speaker? 

Tony Robbins was busy? The real estate twins already booked? 

Coulda used Matt Foley…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Watch examples of film breakdown on Cover 1. Cinci knew what we were doing and game planned against it. Bad coaching decisions on defense. Bills defense thought they knew what Bengals offense was doing but Cinci switched their tendencies. No creativity on offense to counter the pressure Josh was under. Repeated failures on the O line. All of that is on coaches and personnel decisions by Bean. 

Blaming the loss on lack of energy and the stess of the season is a cop out and will not prevent the problem from recurring in the future.

All very true! 

It's like the chicken and egg problem.  What came first?

If we had superior coaching and were in control of the game, I think a lot of enthusiasm and energy in the players would have followed.

We were BADLY out-coached both sides of the ball.

I used to think we had to find a way past KC to get to the SB.

Now I realize we have to get past Cincinnati even moreso!  

We are a VERY BAD matchup against that team! 

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

All very true! 

It's like the chicken and egg problem.  What came first?

If we had superior coaching and were in control of the game, I think a lot of enthusiasm and energy in the players would have followed.

We were BADLY out-coached both sides of the ball.

I used to think we had to find a way past KC to get to the SB.

Now I realize we have to get past Cincinnati even moreso!  

We are a VERY BAD matchup against that team! 

Agreed.  Chiefs don't match up well with them either.  I expect the Bengals to smash the Chiefs on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mannc said:

And is there any question that the Monday Night Bengals game would have ended the same way (or even worse) if the game had been played to its conclusion? 

I’m sure there is question, but it felt like the same momentum to me that we saw last Sunday… without that Hamlin injury it felt certain Bengals were on their way to going up 14-3.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Exactly . Again , what do fans expect to hear from these team employees ?

Any criticism from them will be mild and external factors will be emphasized. Go elsewhere for more critical content. 

I will agree with that. What I don't get is how Sal is the same way. He's not a team employee but in his eyes the Bills do no wrong. 

3 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

That beatdown was a long time coming.  They finally played a good team and got pounded 

So KC isn't a good team? Baltimore was playing well also before Lamar got hurt. How about Miami, pre concussion Tua, their offense was on fire, but the defense played well in that, down half their starters and 4 out of their 5 starters in the secondary.

Injures to our best defensive players and then add Damars injury to the mix. It all took too big of a toll on this team. The amount of defensive talent that was either out or playing with clear limitations was huge on Sunday. Playing against one of the best QBs and the best WR trio in the league. The defense the final 11 games(Inc. playoffs) was a shell of the team that fielded the best defense in the first 7 games. That #1 ranking was against some good teams with good talent.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I will agree with that. What I don't get is how Sal is the same way. He's not a team employee but in his eyes the Bills do no wrong. 

He is a team emoyee. He’s the sideline reporter and travels with the team from what I understand. He is definitely measured in his criticism but not as bad as Tasker and Brown imo

Edited by Boatdrinks

57 minutes ago, mannc said:

How do you think this team gets past the Bengals and Chiefs next year (not to mention the Jets and Dolphins)?  Do you thinks McDermott will get smarter?  That Dorsey will figure out how to scheme up a running game and short passing plays?  That Beane will suddenly draft a bunch of plug and play offensive linemen?  Epenesa and Basham somehow leap from replacement level players to stars?  

In Dorsey’s first season, he coordinated one of the best offenses in football.  Frasier has consistently coordinated one of the top scoring defenses.  Beane hasn’t drafted a pro bowl player in 4 years.  One of these things is not like the other.

To the extent that fingers need to be pointed after a great season that ended with a loss to a more talented team, they should be pointed at Beane.  He’s done a lot of really good things, but his drafts since 2018 have sucked out loud.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

He is a team emoyee. He’s the sideline reporter and travels with the team from what I understand. 

Compare that to Sabres live with 2 people who work for the Sabres. They have no problem criticizing the team when warranted. 

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

In Dorsey’s first season, he coordinated one of the best offenses in football.  Frasier has consistently coordinated one of the top scoring defenses.  Beane hasn’t drafted a pro bowl player in 4 years.  One of these things is not like the other.

To the extent that fingers need to be pointed after a great season that ended with a loss to a more talented team, they should be pointed at Beane.  He’s done a lot of really good things, but his drafts since 2018 have sucked out loud.

I think it’s both. Have to say, though, Beane looked very defensive in his presser. He’s definitely feeling some pressure, and rightfully so.

Edited by mannc

7 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

So KC isn't a good team? Baltimore was playing well also before Lamar got hurt. How about Miami, pre concussion Tua, their offense was on fire, but the defense played well in that, down half their starters and 4 out of their 5 starters in the secondary.

Injures to our best defensive players and then add Damars injury to the mix. It all took too big of a toll on this team. The amount of defensive talent that was either out or playing with clear limitations was huge on Sunday. Playing against one of the best QBs and the best WR trio in the league. The defense the final 11 games(Inc. playoffs) was a shell of the team that fielded the best defense in the first 7 games. That #1 ranking was against some good teams with good talent.

Pretty much the entire second half of the season they looked off.  That’s what I’m talking about.  Scraping by teams that had no business being in the game, the Viking debacle.  Just a lot of sloppy play down the stretch.  Nobody should be shocked with what happened last Sunday 

Edited by GolfandBills

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Compare that to Sabres live with 2 people who work for the Sabres. They have no problem criticizing the team when warranted. 

Not sure the reason for the contrast , but definitely noticeable if you’ve given more than a few casual listens. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, krf139 said:

I just love the weekly “Maddy Awards.” Such a productive use of air time.

If you're listening to WGR all day (even though you hate it) then we will hard pressed to find anything that is NOT worth your time.  

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not sure the reason for the contrast , but definitely noticeable if you’ve given more than a few casual listens. 

The contrast may be one team has been a super bowl contender by a consensus of critics and the other team has the league's longest active playoff drought streak. 

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes ,  I can’t disagree at all and I was one of them although I  never articulated it  here, I saw no point in putting more hype in an overhyped situation.

I’m sorry. I did not mean to make it seem like I was calling you or any other poster out. I was referring McDermott and Beane. They did a lot of talking to set expectations of a championship - or at least something very close to that. This was not long after the coaching mistakes at the end of the 13 seconds game.

They crowed this off-season about how the Bills were a championship level team. Then in the playoffs we got a 3 point win over a Skyler Thompson led Dolphins team followed by a curb stomping by a Bengals team. In that game we got out-coached, out-played and out-hustled. They set the expectations and seemed happy to enjoy the accolades and praise all season. Now they can take the criticism for failing (again) in the playoffs and falling so short of them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

They are trying to tell us our coaches and coordinators are fine and actually it was just the damar hamlin injury that derailed the season.

I want to reach through my headphone and punch steve tasker in the face right now lol

Beyond twisting his words constantly, the guy is an absolute buffoon as an analyst. He is so bad 

4 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

They are trying to tell us our coaches and coordinators are fine and actually it was just the damar hamlin injury that derailed the season.

I want to reach through my headphone and punch steve tasker in the face right now lol

Time for enrollment in anger management.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.