Homer Radio

BillsFan692

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I dont see them getting better by keeping everyone.  There are arguments to be made for both of those opinions 

I can see Dorsey getting better. The scheme he comes in with and the playcalling. And his job will be that much easier if Beane gets his head out of his ass and improves the OLine and WR's 2-5.

Defense I don't care as much about but I still have hope in the young DE's. Oliver is back for one more year to prove himself. Da'quan Jones was a beast all season and was missed tremendously on Sunday. Von Miller and Tre White could be premier players again. Hyde is back with the young DB's (Elam, Benford).

Key to the season is the offense and as long as the aforementioned defensive players are able to get back to where they used to be or reach their potential this team has what it takes to win it all without any coaching changes.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

I'd argue New Orleans had it worse during Katrina and prevailed.

I've seen this sentiment more than once. Why do people think the saints won the SB after Katrina? The Saints were terrible that season. Their super bowl victory was 4.5 years after the hurricane hit lol

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, arcane said:

I've seen this sentiment more than once. Why do people think the saints won the SB after Katrina? The Saints were terrible that season. Their super bowl victory was 4.5 years after the hurricane hit lol

File this under "never let facts get in the way of a good narrative."

2 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

They continue to push this narrative, and although I have empathy......this is what they work for ALL SEASON.

You can easily spin the Damar situation into a motivational one (win it for 3).

"Easily"

Maybe for a week or two. Beyond that, it loses its luster.

I think having Hamlin there on Sunday backfired and the players saw it as a spectacle. In fact, seeing how they played, it likely brought them back mentally to where they were when Hamlin was fighting for his life.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

Change can come from outside the organization or from within. I think Dorsey is in over his head. However I recognize that he can grow and get better as a coordinator. Josh also needs to take some ownership here too and improve his decision making. I don’t see McDermott firing either coordinator. So that only leaves us fans to hope for growth and change from within.

Will they change? I guess we will find out at the draft. 

55 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

We lost to arguably an equally as good QB , Mahomes and Burrow arent headed anywhere for a long time.  Might as well accept reality.

Trent Edwards and Losman never sniffed the playoffs.

But if bitching about it makes you feel better go ahead.

That's an odd way to look at it.  Given that the Bills have their own superstar QB, don't you want a coaching staff and GM who will figure out a way to beat the Chiefs and Bengals instead of coming up short every time?  Sounds like you're good with an early playoff exit every year, since those other QBs are really good...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

That's an odd way to look at it.  Given that the Bills have their own superstar QB, don't you want a coaching staff and GM who will figure out a way to beat the Chiefs and Bengals instead of coming up short every time?  Sounds like you're good with an early playoff exit every year, since those other QBs are really good...

No I am not "good" with an early playoff exit every year.

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

If you cant admit your deficiencies you cannot grow. You cannot learn. You cannot advance.

Thats how i feel about this entire regime the last 3 seasons. It feels like they learn nothing, admit no wrongs, make little changes.

Well said!

31 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Dorsey will be back to run his version of the Chuck and duck offense. Good lord!

4 verts and Josh on the playground with the defense counting to 2 Mississippis

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

We lost to arguably an equally as good QB , Mahomes and Burrow arent headed anywhere for a long time.  Might as well accept reality.

Trent Edwards and Losman never sniffed the playoffs.

But if bitching about it makes you feel better go ahead.

why do you even watch.  You enjoy playoff participation trophies?  The reality is we had and have a chance, but this GM who blows picks unlike Cincy and KC’s; and coach who says he “learns” and keeps playing the same crap D will not lead us anywhere.  

30 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Did I write that, no, so dont put words in my mouth.

But I am not in this almost over emotional mob like driven frenzy to fire people.

the implication is that you are okay with the status quo.  If not, offer some ideas beyond whatever your “accept reality” comment was

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

"Easily"

Maybe for a week or two. Beyond that, it loses its luster.

I think having Hamlin there on Sunday backfired and the players saw it as a spectacle. In fact, seeing how they played, it likely brought them back mentally to where they were when Hamlin was fighting for his life.

I think the use of (or at least the appearance of) Hamlin as motivation for the Bills might’ve pissed off the Bengals. They were there and saw him almost die too. They also refused to play that night and they paid a price for that by not getting their shot at a better seed. 

49 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Did I write that, no, so dont put words in my mouth.

But I am not in this almost over emotional mob like driven frenzy to fire people.

No.  Am emotional response would be hanging on to someone because you like them and and are willing to dismiss deficiencies out of blind loyalty or  an unwillingness to hold people responsible for fear of offending someone. A business decision would be holding someone accountable and potentially firing someone due to maintaining the status quo or not meeting set goals or expectations over a period time. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

What's worse is listening to Sal and Nate this morning. They don't even work for the Bills. Very rare do you hear them give an criticism to the Bills. 

Or them saying "josh allen doesn't throw to running backs" and like talking to callers like it is some ludicrous idea to use what you traded for.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Cover 1 also acknowledges how much the metrics loved the Bills this season. That the pythagorean winning percentage chart showed that they were actually better than their 13-3 record. They also dealt with a *****-ton of adversity this season.

It sucks that they played their worst game of the season in the playoffs but I don't see things getting better by firing everyone.

How do you think this team gets past the Bengals and Chiefs next year (not to mention the Jets and Dolphins)?  Do you thinks McDermott will get smarter?  That Dorsey will figure out how to scheme up a running game and short passing plays?  That Beane will suddenly draft a bunch of plug and play offensive linemen?  Epenesa and Basham somehow leap from replacement level players to stars?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

We have turned into Pats nation, the fans and media are upset because they lost in the divisional round.  We used to celebrate when we barely inched into the playoffs.

Let’s take a minute and think back to the off-season. We should really give a piece of our minds to the people setting those lofty expectations with such certainty. Who were they again?

I said the night of the mnf game against Cincinnati that if the bills didn't win another game this season, I wouldn't be mad. In the moment that was absolutely true, and even now it's like 70% true. While I'm dissapointed the bills lost and the season is over, that whole thing was just a huge distraction, and I don't say that insensitively. It totally threw the bills off their routine. The national exposure was immense and all we heard about for 2 weeks. I believe that played a part in them losing this past week, but I also think the bills just had a terrible game plan

Edited by Steptide

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.