Homer Radio

BillsFan692

Just now, mannc said:

Sorry, but when your franchise has one of the three true franchise quarterbacks in football, standards are a little higher than in the Trent Edwards/JP Losman years...

We lost to arguably an equally as good QB , Mahomes and Burrow arent headed anywhere for a long time.  Might as well accept reality.

Trent Edwards and Losman never sniffed the playoffs.

But if bitching about it makes you feel better go ahead.

• Like (+1) 1

Watch examples of film breakdown on Cover 1. Cinci knew what we were doing and game planned against it. Bad coaching decisions on defense. Bills defense thought they knew what Bengals offense was doing but Cinci switched their tendencies. No creativity on offense to counter the pressure Josh was under. Repeated failures on the O line. All of that is on coaches and personnel decisions by Bean. 

Blaming the loss on lack of energy and the stess of the season is a cop out and will not prevent the problem from recurring in the future.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

They are trying to tell us our coaches and coordinators are fine and actually it was just the damar hamlin injury that derailed the season.

I want to reach through my headphone and punch steve tasker in the face right now lol

Yeah they were a hard listen today, had to turn it off after awhile. Everything is dandy is Tasker/Brown Land 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Sure looked like continuation of the first game.

Which is absolutely mind blowing to me since Frazier and McD were basically given a free second chance at game planning and still threw the same plan out there and watched it burn. Unacceptable. 

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 5

27 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

They are trying to tell us our coaches and coordinators are fine and actually it was just the damar hamlin injury that derailed the season.

I want to reach through my headphone and punch steve tasker in the face right now lol

They're wrong, naive and simply towing the company line.  Anyone in their right mind who thinks McD has the ability to lead a team to the SB (let alone win one) is simply living in a delusional world. There isn't one multiverse where Sean is hoisting a Lombardi. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

The apologists on wgr have been really bad the past few days. Every conversation starts with well we can’t fire McDermott or beane so where do we start next year lol. 

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

We have turned into Pats nation, the fans and media are upset because they lost in the divisional round.  We used to celebrate when we barely inched into the playoffs.

Some of us would like to see 1 SB win before we die.  Beane and McDermott have rode the coat tails of the Josh Allen pick and some of us dont want to see his career wasted with Defensive minds.  Some of us are willing to risk change for someone who will possibly get us over the hump, believing that Mcbeane and McDermott can't do it.  Even if it means going back to missing the playoffs.  Mahomes has already won 1, made it to multiple, in Burrows short career he has already made it once, and may be going back again.  Then there is Josh Allen, no excuses to miss the SB every year with Josh Allen as your QB.  Some of us can already see the terrible drafting and roster management failures, lack of ability to adjust and be a great game day coaching staff when it matters, and there seems to be no indication of change to fix it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

The team and city really got bent over during the course of the season, it would have been story book to overcome it all, but some coaching decisions hurt when it mattered most.

I'd argue New Orleans had it worse during Katrina and prevailed.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

We lost to arguably an equally as good QB , Mahomes and Burrow arent headed anywhere for a long time.  Might as well accept reality.

Trent Edwards and Losman never sniffed the playoffs.

But if bitching about it makes you feel better go ahead.

QB isn't our issue....it's everything else surrounding the QB

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It means Tasker and Brown provide the "Party Line" talking points provided to the team.

So taking that further… if the “party line” is to talk up the coaches.. doesn’t make a lot of sense to be getting rid of them later right? 

Edited by Aussie Joe

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

And is there any question that the Monday Night Bengals game would have ended the same way (or even worse) if the game had been played to its conclusion? 

It was definitely trending that way.  But maybe in some strange way that would have worked out better.  Then our team would've prepared differently to avoid a repeat beat down.  Maybe the revenge factor would have worked to Buffalo's advantage. 

That was such a thorough destruction last Sunday it likely would not have mattered how it all played out.

12 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Watch examples of film breakdown on Cover 1. Cinci knew what we were doing and game planned against it. Bad coaching decisions on defense. Bills defense thought they knew what Bengals offense was doing but Cinci switched their tendencies. No creativity on offense to counter the pressure Josh was under. Repeated failures on the O line. All of that is on coaches and personnel decisions by Bean. 

Blaming the loss on lack of energy and the stess of the season is a cop out and will not prevent the problem from recurring in the future.

Cover 1 also acknowledges how much the metrics loved the Bills this season. That the pythagorean winning percentage chart showed that they were actually better than their 13-3 record. They also dealt with a *****-ton of adversity this season.

It sucks that they played their worst game of the season in the playoffs but I don't see things getting better by firing everyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Cover 1 also acknowledges how much the metrics loved the Bills this season. That the pythagorean winning percentage chart showed that they were actually better than their 13-3 record. They also dealt with a *****-ton of adversity this season.

It sucks that they played their worst game of the season in the playoffs but I don't see things getting better by firing everyone.

You clearly aren't emotional enough about this. 

People need a whipping boy, People want ACTION, they want people to be PUNISHED

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

If you cant admit your deficiencies you cannot grow. You cannot learn. You cannot advance.

Thats how i feel about this entire regime the last 3 seasons. It feels like they learn nothing, admit no wrongs, make little changes.

Agreed.  What I really liked about McD’s presser was that he stressed the importance of honesty with themselves.  That’s huge.  Because, quite honestly, the offense was a mess and there are going to have to be uncomfortable changes on that side of the ball.  

11 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I dont see them getting better by keeping everyone.  There are arguments to be made for both of those opinions 

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It was definitely trending that way.  But maybe in some strange way that would have worked out better.  Then our team would've prepared differently to avoid a repeat beat down.  Maybe the revenge factor would have worked to Buffalo's advantage. 

That was such a thorough destruction last Sunday it likely would not have mattered how it all played out.

It just speaks to these guys inability to self assess and adjust. To own failures and make the necessary changes. In their mind they had nothing to change from the first meeting. We saw how that worked out

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You clearly aren't emotional enough about this. 

People need a whipping boy, People want ACTION, they want people to be PUNISHED

Yeah lets just run it back (again) lol thatll work great

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.