The misuse of Cook and Hines was borderline criminal

Logic

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

that’s the worst option - back coming out has nobody, knox open in the seam. 

chosing the 11/10 difficulty throw instead of the layup … 😞 

Yep. He completed it because he has the talent to do so but it's still such a low percentage play. I only really want to see that throw on 3rd and 10+. Time was a bit of a factor but I think we still had all three timeouts meaning even the short quick pass to Knox would have likely gained at least 8 and you are still in great position to end the drive with a FG which is really all the Bills needed right there to just pull within one score going into the half and getting the ball to start the second half.

• Like (+1) 1

YAC year after year has been a chronic problem with Josh Allen and the Bills. Maybe lights dawn on Marblehead after getting beaten up by Burrows and the Bengals. The Bills finally reverted to a short passing game but only near the end of the game when it was out of reach. I thought that would've been desperation time and they would go for the chunk plays again but for some reason it was all short passes near the end. A preview into the future?

After Allen recovers from his elbow problem -- wonder if surgery is in the discussion -- he has to tame his wild impulses and go for a more controlled game where he can lead his receivers with catchable balls, let them do the work and methodically work down the field. He also has to spot wide open guys better and work on a consistent quick release. He refuses to hit wide open guys who are right in front of him. Is he farsighted? Maybe he needs glasses or contacts. His decision-making is really questionable and add to it nervousness and the elements.

Sometimes it looks like he's too arrogant to try the wide open short pass in favor of jamming it between three defenders. Go the easy way Josh, not the hard way! He also misses wide open bombs, throws it too far. That one to Diggs at the beginning of the Bengals game would have made a big difference. Also too many times I've seen receivers jump or dive for his rocket passes with no opportunity for YAC. So far, I'm not sure this dog can learn new tricks though and let his teammates do the work for him. He seems to want to do everything himself.

This year I give him a mulligan. An injured throwing arm, no OL and receivers who can't separate. Next year will be a different story.

Edited by Blah Blah
  • Agree 1

There's a disconnect between Beane and the coaches, IMO.

How else can you explain drafting Cook, THEN trading for Hines, who they just HAD TO HAVE. 

Then they talk about what a great weapon Hines is on offense, but he DOESN'T EVEN LINE UP ON OFFENSE? 

This guy is so amazing, we're so happy to have him, he can do such great things!

Never even sees the field on offense. 

Seriously... What is going on?

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.