Bring back Davis Webb as QB Coach?

Just Jack

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If Joe Brady leaves to become a (better than Dorsey) OC, it makes sense.

As I said elsewhere I'd also see if Bruce Arians would be willing to come as a senior offensive consultant.  He probably doesn't want to leave the warm weather (the Buffalo wind is bad for keeping a cigar lit).

Zoom exists..

I’d imagine he stays around Daboll if that’s the case. 

When Daboll left there were whispers some weren’t happy with some things at OBD. To the extent that Dorsey seriously considered following Daboll rather than working with Allen. 

I don’t see Webb coming back. 

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

As I said elsewhere I'd also see if Bruce Arians would be willing to come as a senior offensive consultant.  He probably doesn't want to leave the warm weather (the Buffalo wind is bad for keeping a cigar lit).

i'm ready to start throwing ***** at the wall.

i'd love byron leftwich to come in as a passing coordinator. greg roman to come in as a run game coordinator. together with dorsey i think there could be a good 3 headed monster where we would hopefully keep brady and add webb to speak coach speak to josh.

i truly wonder joshs ability to grasp complex offensive systems, etc. the guy never played a high college position, has limited ability with top tier staffs. this isn't a knock. he's done well with his limited exposure.

if arians is willing to be a consultant, even better. i am curious when the nfl will start looking at coaches as off the shelf ready. in the post season leftwich and roman were fired. roman had success against the bengals. why wouldn't the bills be willing to bring him in for a 2 week contract to advise on tendencies and strategy against a former division rival? a good head coach can manage all of the talent to make things work together - regardless of how many people and their accolades. 

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I’d imagine he stays around Daboll if that’s the case. 

When Daboll left there were whispers some weren’t happy with some things at OBD. To the extent that Dorsey seriously considered following Daboll rather than working with Allen. 

I don’t see Webb coming back. 

dabol wanted him. it's no secret. daboll didn't divide the locker room as much as mcdermott let there be room for division because of his lack of accountability on the "process." to explain that - he preached all this bull#### but never held those in his fold to the same standard. folks like hughes, mckenzie, others were held to a different standard because they were not mcd guys.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, boyst said:

i'm ready to start throwing ***** at the wall.

i'd love byron leftwich to come in as a passing coordinator. greg roman to come in as a run game coordinator. together with dorsey i think there could be a good 3 headed monster where we would hopefully keep brady and add webb to speak coach speak to josh.

i truly wonder joshs ability to grasp complex offensive systems, etc. the guy never played a high college position, has limited ability with top tier staffs. this isn't a knock. he's done well with his limited exposure.

if arians is willing to be a consultant, even better. i am curious when the nfl will start looking at coaches as off the shelf ready. in the post season leftwich and roman were fired. roman had success against the bengals. why wouldn't the bills be willing to bring him in for a 2 week contract to advise on tendencies and strategy against a former division rival? a good head coach can manage all of the talent to make things work together - regardless of how many people and their accolades. 

dabol wanted him. it's no secret. daboll didn't divide the locker room as much as mcdermott let there be room for division because of his lack of accountability on the "process." to explain that - he preached all this bull#### but never held those in his fold to the same standard. folks like hughes, mckenzie, others were held to a different standard because they were not mcd guys.

I want zero part of Leftwich. I think he is a bad coach.

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I want zero part of Leftwich. I think he is a bad coach.

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If folks think the Bills' running game was bad last year - Tampa's was abysmal.

I think he has interesting concepts in the passing game. That's all I want. I think he can create short timing routes. Maybe I'm wrong but I had seen interesting ways to get the passing game to work for an aging Brady. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Didn't we hear the the Bills had sent feelers out to Davis Webb suggesting he stay as QB coach?  He left because he still wanted to play at that point.  If there is a vacancy, I can see reaching out to him.  

12 minutes ago, boyst said:

@GunnerBill

what am i missing about leftwich's passing game? it was pretty well respected by others as well up until last year.

Tons of coaches have lots of respect in coaching circles and get trashed by fans and pundits 

Hence why guys like Nate Hackett are whipping boys as the worst coach ever lol But he has enough respect in NFL circles to keep getting legitimate jobs

Because his scheme is respected 

But around here he is the worst coach ever… Some posters hyperbole , is so far gone they don’t even realize Hackett double Dutied being QB coach and OC calling plays for a jags team that went to the conference finals 

revived Blake bortles career to season numbers over 4400 yards and 35 tds … Would have been franchise records in Buffalo before Josh

But the guy is very incompetent lol

There are coaches who coach for 30 years in the nfl and don’t sniff a HC position… leftwhich is gonna have to grind the old way 

as opposed to Jeff Saturday who was handed a Job for 32 people in the world … just because 

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Interesting

If we are exploring QB to QB coach the better choice from an innovative standpoint would be Ryan Fitzpatrick whom has worked closely with Chan Gailey for years IMO. From a leadership standpoint Fitz checks all the boxes IMO. The bearded one has Gaileys playbook memorized and knows how to use it. Davis Webb will make a great QB coach IMO. Fitz If interested in coaching might be just what the doctor ordered to give Buffalo and Dorsey a shot in the arm of innovation. Fitzmagic baby.

Fitz and Allen even think alike. When all else fails bludgeon the opposition with your body. Amen 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tons of coaches have lots of respect in coaching circles and get trashed by fans and pundits 

Hence why guys like Nate Hackett are whipping boys as the worst coach ever lol But he has enough respect in NFL circles to keep getting legitimate jobs

Because his scheme is respected 

But around here he is the worst coach ever… Some posters hyperbole , is so far gone they don’t even realize Hackett double Dutied being QB coach and OC calling plays for a jags team that went to the conference finals 

revived Blake bortles career to season numbers over 4400 yards and 35 tds … Would have been franchise records in Buffalo before Josh

But the guy is very incompetent lol

There are coaches who coach for 30 years in the nfl and don’t sniff a HC position… leftwhich is gonna have to grind the old way 

as opposed to Jeff Saturday who was handed a Job for 32 people in the world … just because 

Denver.  Don’t forget Denver.  He’s also thought to be the worst coach ever in Denver. 

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Sheesh , i posted that idea a few hours earlier..

I saw a blurb about Davis Webb retiring to become a coach.. and that Joe Brady may be a candidate for an OC somewhere.., Webb seemed very close to Josh, bring him in as QB coach.. The O seemed to  be working better  year before last,  when he was around.. 

Edited 5 hours ago by dwight in philly

Edited by dwight in philly

21 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Denver.  Don’t forget Denver.  He’s also thought to be the worst coach ever in Denver. 

Not every coordinator or coach is bound to be a head coach…. I certainly wouldn’t want him as my head coach

I think he’s a better QB coach and OC than Dorsey 

There’s a lot more in Denver going on than Him

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.