McDermott a finalist for COTY

Roundybout

I'm good with keeping McDermott, if he can acknowledge the deficiencies in Defensive scheme and Offensive scheme. I'd prefer to let Frazier and Dorsey go and get more innovative on both sides of the ball and he does need to do better with managing in-game situations. That said, he's done a lot for the team over the last six years and I can see that value. Plus, how he's handled the adversity of the snow game, Hamlin, etc. showed solid leadership. It's just the football side of things I have my concerns regarding those aforementioned decisions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

But please, let’s fire him. 

That's one hell of a list but yah the sentiment around the Bills fan base is some what confusing to me i guess they would rather be what the team was before he got here which makes no sense to me at all seeing what he has accomplished in what is a relatively short HC ing career .

IMHO i hope he's here for quite a while ...

• Agree 5
  • Dislike 1

Daboll or Pederson. The Eagles, 49ers and Bills have strong rosters. Daboll got the most out of a roster that had very little talent at least on offense. Pederson has changed the culture and turned the Jags into a winning team in year 1. That was not an easy thing to do as that was an ugly situation last year with Meyer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

Siriani. What he did with Jalen Hurts is incredible. Before the year it was questioned if they should move on from him, now prior call him a superstar. The growth of Hurts has been incredible. 

That team is stupid stacked with talent though. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Dick Jauron was coach of the year in 2001 with a 13-3 record. 

Marty Schottenheimer in 2004.

Marvin Lewis in 2009.

Lovie Smith in 2005.

Those were winners, not finalists. 

“These coaches were bad after a while therefore McD is bad” is a fallacy. 

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

The 49ers aren't?

Sure, which is why I think Pederson deserves it the most for turning around the Jags like that. 

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

The 49ers aren't?

not in the same way. anyone who knew football knew what was going to happen in phili. then they got aj brown.  eagles are going to havea couple good years ahead with great talent.

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If you only look at on the field performance, Daboll should win going away.

If you want to throw in off the field drama, McDermott could be a dark horse.

if you look at who did what with what with qb getting alot of weight its shanahanana

31 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I'm good with keeping McDermott, if he can acknowledge the deficiencies in Defensive scheme and Offensive scheme. I'd prefer to let Frazier and Dorsey go and get more innovative on both sides of the ball and he does need to do better with managing in-game situations. That said, he's done a lot for the team over the last six years and I can see that value. Plus, how he's handled the adversity of the snow game, Hamlin, etc. showed solid leadership. It's just the football side of things I have my concerns regarding those aforementioned decisions.

That's the problem with McDermott: his loyalty (which is a liability) will not allow him to acknowledge those deficiencies.

He could've played 9 men on the field every play against the Bengals and he should still win COTY for how led this team to 13 wins with everything that was going on.

Hot Take:

Greatest regular season coaching job in NFL history this year and it is not even close. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.