Interesting rumor…Dak to the Jets

78thealltimegreat

10 hours ago, Gregg said:

Dak is a lot better than the crap they have now. I don't want the Jets to get any halfway decent QB. They have a decent roster. A decent QB and sweeping them next year becomes difficult. We didn't even do it this year and we lost to Zach Wilson. That is embarrassing.

Jets are going to get someone good. Woody Johnson has already said he's willing to pay for a top QB. Dak would be best case scenario because he's not that good. I've heard Carr and Rodgers as options and Joe Namath said Rodgers could wear his #12 if he went there

10 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Can't see this happening from the Cowboys point of view. Carr is not a good enough QB that you would bring him in to move on from Dak. Carr is a solid QB option for teams that have dog poop at the QB position. He's not a good option for teams that already have a top 15-18 range QB. 

Carr makes $35m, Dak is what $40'ish. Makes no sense to make a move for the heck of it if you're Dallas. Save $5m to bring a guy in a new system, that would likely want a new deal next year even.

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

There’s a wild rumor spreading on a couple Cowboys sites that people connected to Jerry say he would be willing to trade Dak to the Jets and then work on a deal for Derek Carr.

I don’t really think this moves the needle for the Jets but they really just need a game manager type with the skill talent they’ve built there and Dak can do that. 

Derek Carr is just a worse version of Prescott. I won't say there's no way this happens, but it would be colossally stupid unless the plan is to draft one early and have Carr be a cheaper bridge.

On 1/25/2023 at 8:58 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Can't see this happening from the Cowboys point of view. Carr is not a good enough QB that you would bring him in to move on from Dak. Carr is a solid QB option for teams that have dog poop at the QB position. He's not a good option for teams that already have a top 15-18 range QB. 

He is from the perspective he will get paid significantly less than Dak and the cowboys would get probably a first for Dak. So I would think that’s actually not a bad idea. Especially if you know Dak isn’t the future. Use that capital for the future to build up the team and potentially trade up for an elite QB 2-3 years down the line. 

After what Dak did for America by blowing out Brady this year and ending the threat of yet another Brady SB I think he deserves some love and respect. 

Dak is a pretty good QB. They lost by 7 to the 49ers in SF, who blows the doors off a lot of teams. 

If he went to the Jets that is bad news for us. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

After what Dak did for America by blowing out Brady this year and ending the threat of yet another Brady SB I think he deserves some love and respect. 

Dak is a pretty good QB. They lost by 7 to the 49ers in SF, who blows the doors off a lot of teams. 

If he went to the Jets that is bad news for us. 

Yeah, and I think SF is probably the best team in the NFL right now. I don't know what to make of the Eagles, but we'll find out on Sunday.

On 1/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

There’s a wild rumor spreading on a couple Cowboys sites that people connected to Jerry say he would be willing to trade Dak to the Jets and then work on a deal for Derek Carr.

I don’t really think this moves the needle for the Jets but they really just need a game manager type with the skill talent they’ve built there and Dak can do that. 

Can you imagine Jets fans if this ended up being the case? First they hire Hackett as OC, then trade for Dak. :lol:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952s3ktpma968wv26vl923

On 1/25/2023 at 8:49 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This would be awful for Buffalo. Jets roster is stacked and the have tons of cap space. A true QB makes them a legit playoff contender. 

Yeah I'd rather see Jets get Rodgers as would help them for a year or two, but that's about it, then would be starting over.  Dak is young enough and good enough to be there for awhile.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Here we go again, talking about how the Jets are gonna be great again rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat

Jets beat us this year, with Zach Wilson.  We made him look like a decent qb.  Imagine what would happen with a real qb, even a average on.  Bills talent is significantly overrated, mainly because of Josh Allen

On 1/25/2023 at 8:49 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This would be awful for Buffalo. Jets roster is stacked and the have tons of cap space. A true QB makes them a legit playoff contender. 

According to Spotrac they do not have tons of cap space, they don't have any and most of their top paid guys are probably not getting cut because of the dead cap hit is too high. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2023/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.