You're Beane. Give me your offseason moves as best you can at this point.

GreggTX

The Josh Allen/Von Miller Super Bowl window is open next year:

New defensive coordinator.  Those interviews better include strategy exercises on how candidates would stop the Bengals and Chiefs.  

I'd want Ken Dorsey to experiment with, and implement motion sets, screens and the wishbone.  I want to use RB1 (if not DS), Cook, Hines and Gilliam at the same time.  I want the defense to account for them all.

Sign no players over the age of 30.

Get into the Top 10 of the draft and pick for greatest impact. 

Remove train horn from stadium. 

38 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Thing with Edmunds is given how young he is, we could probably spread out his cap hit over 6-7 years and not be in such a bad place.  It's hard to see our D recovering from the loss of him and Power

Maybe, if he accepts a reasonable deal, but if he is looking for 16+, I'd move on. If they draft a replacement he'd be on a rookie deal for 4 yrs and may not be as big of a drop-off as some think. Poyer is great, but his age stared showing this year.🤔

I have some targets in mind. Free up enough to do the following in FA. 

FA: 

Re-sign Phillips, Lawson, Boettger, Jackson, Dodson, Martin

Jakobi Meyers / WR - 3 years, $36M, $24M gtd (Somewhere around that would probably get it done). Meyers is a good WR who has put up solid numbers with mediocre QB's. He will really take off with Josh throwing him the rock. He's 6'2", has some route versatility, and has good hands. He would be a really good #2 to Diggs and would allow Davis to move back to the #3 or #4 role since the adjustment to #2 was hard for him :rolleyes: He's also $7M-$8M per year cheaper than Hopkins and wouldn't cost us any draft capital. 

Isaac Seumalo / G - 3 years, $42M, $28M gtd (somewhere around that would probably get it done). You want to improve the OL around Josh? It's gonna cost some money. But if we want to get to the SB, we have to build the OL. Seumalo has allowed 1 sack all year on over 1,100 snaps and is part of the #1 OL in the NFL. He plays RG now, but could play either G spot on the line. Immediate upgrade.

Draft

R1 #27 - Zay Flowers / WR / Boston College - The young man reminds me A LOT of Stefon Diggs and would be an absolute BEAST playing the Slot in our offense. This would give us a crazy amount of weapons and versatility in our passing game. The WR group becomes Diggs, Meyers, Flowers, Davis, and McKenzie. This would be huge for Josh. 

R2 #59 - Darnell Wright / T / TennesseeDarnell Wright was very good at RT for Tennessee this year. He gave up 0 sacks against SEC competition. This is what we need, a guy who can keep Josh upright and clean. This also pushes Spencer Brown to the bench. 

R3 #91 - Dorian Williams / LB / Tulane - I've seen varying opinions on Dorian Williams, but the guy is solid in coverage and brings the Thor hammer with him every time he hits somebody. Attitude, attitude, attitude. You can see that demeanor he has on the field and he wants all the smoke. He reminds me A LOT of Nick Bolton. He has a closing burst that is second to none. I think he can be our Day 1 starting ILB so I'm pulling the trigger. 

R4# 128 - Jarrett Patterson / G / Notre Dame - Patterson was one of the highest rated G's in the land this year. He allowed 0 sacks for the Irish and is good in the run game. He is a plug-and-play NFL starter at G and can also play C as well. The additions of both he and Seumalo would be the stability Josh needs on the interior of this OL. 

R5 #135 - J.L. Skinner / S / Boise St. - An All Pro in Poyer is going to be tough to replace. It will be nice to get Hyde back this year. Who knows if Hamlin will ever be able to play again. Skinner is a 6'4" 220lb plus athlete who brings bad intentions behind his pads. The guy he studies and crafts his game after is Kam Chancellor. He is also solid in coverage, but can be a bit stiff. Still, the athleticism at his size and his temperament are a big draw. He could be a steal for us in the 5th. 

R5 #160 - Derek Parish / DE / Houston - He's a little on the light side at about 250lbs, but the young man gets after it. He'll use a variety of both power and finesse moves to beat the OT and get to the QB. He's needs some refinement in run defense, work on setting an edge and finishing against the RB. Still, the rush ability alone is worth the draft slot here. 

After the FA and the draft the WR group is fixed, the OL is fixed, we have a replacement for Edmunds, and some depth. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bringing guys back like Klein, Brown, Beasley and to a lesser extend guys like Lawson and Phillips kind of really points out how badly he has missed in evaluations. The guys that were supposed to step up and replace the aforementioned group never did. 

That and  Von goes down and 2 second round picks completely fail to replace him. 
how about the fact that we don’t have a single backup OL that he drafted? 
I also have no clue how he selects running backs. Not a single feature back amongst them for being drafted in the second and third rounds. 

I really think that this is simple.

We won 14 games this year with an 'average' offensive line  (generous description)

We HAVE several good skill players.

If you can draft, trade, or free agent an offensive line that gives Josh Allen a few more seconds, we win it all.

THAT is where the Bills emphasis should be.

57 minutes ago, H2o said:

I have some targets in mind. Free up enough to do the following in FA. 

FA: 

Re-sign Phillips, Lawson, Boettger, Jackson, Dodson, Martin

Jakobi Meyers / WR - 3 years, $36M, $24M gtd (Somewhere around that would probably get it done). Meyers is a good WR who has put up solid numbers with mediocre QB's. He will really take off with Josh throwing him the rock. He's 6'2", has some route versatility, and has good hands. He would be a really good #2 to Diggs and would allow Davis to move back to the #3 or #4 role since the adjustment to #2 was hard for him :rolleyes: He's also $7M-$8M per year cheaper than Hopkins and wouldn't cost us any draft capital. 

Isaac Seumalo / G - 3 years, $42M, $28M gtd (somewhere around that would probably get it done). You want to improve the OL around Josh? It's gonna cost some money. But if we want to get to the SB, we have to build the OL. Seumalo has allowed 1 sack all year on over 1,100 snaps and is part of the #1 OL in the NFL. He plays RG now, but could play either G spot on the line. Immediate upgrade.

Draft

R1 #27 - Zay Flowers / WR / Boston College - The young man reminds me A LOT of Stefon Diggs and would be an absolute BEAST playing the Slot in our offense. This would give us a crazy amount of weapons and versatility in our passing game. The WR group becomes Diggs, Meyers, Flowers, Davis, and McKenzie. This would be huge for Josh. 

R2 #59 - Darnell Wright / T / TennesseeDarnell Wright was very good at RT for Tennessee this year. He gave up 0 sacks against SEC competition. This is what we need, a guy who can keep Josh upright and clean. This also pushes Spencer Brown to the bench. 

R3 #91 - Dorian Williams / LB / Tulane - I've seen varying opinions on Dorian Williams, but the guy is solid in coverage and brings the Thor hammer with him every time he hits somebody. Attitude, attitude, attitude. You can see that demeanor he has on the field and he wants all the smoke. He reminds me A LOT of Nick Bolton. He has a closing burst that is second to none. I think he can be our Day 1 starting ILB so I'm pulling the trigger. 

R4# 128 - Jarrett Patterson / G / Notre Dame - Patterson was one of the highest rated G's in the land this year. He allowed 0 sacks for the Irish and is good in the run game. He is a plug-and-play NFL starter at G and can also play C as well. The additions of both he and Seumalo would be the stability Josh needs on the interior of this OL. 

R5 #135 - J.L. Skinner / S / Boise St. - An All Pro in Poyer is going to be tough to replace. It will be nice to get Hyde back this year. Who knows if Hamlin will ever be able to play again. Skinner is a 6'4" 220lb plus athlete who brings bad intentions behind his pads. The guy he studies and crafts his game after is Kam Chancellor. He is also solid in coverage, but can be a bit stiff. Still, the athleticism at his size and his temperament are a big draw. He could be a steal for us in the 5th. 

R5 #160 - Derek Parish / DE / Houston - He's a little on the light side at about 250lbs, but the young man gets after it. He'll use a variety of both power and finesse moves to beat the OT and get to the QB. He's needs some refinement in run defense, work on setting an edge and finishing against the RB. Still, the rush ability alone is worth the draft slot here. 

After the FA and the draft the WR group is fixed, the OL is fixed, we have a replacement for Edmunds, and some depth. 

Love it!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/25/2023 at 10:23 PM, Gunsgoodtime said:

I was right there with you as well.  I was very disappointed in what we had at WR starting the season.  Was 2 immediate downgrades.  Something I wasn't realizing as much at the time but am now is how he also has ignored the OL for the most part for 5 years and has not put a solid one together in 5 years.  Reid done it in 1 offsesaon, so did the Chargers

Totally agree with you. Beane has whiffed on the OLine

On 1/26/2023 at 3:47 PM, B-Man said:

I really think that this is simple.

We won 14 games this year with an 'average' offensive line  (generous description)

We HAVE several good skill players.

If you can draft, trade, or free agent an offensive line that gives Josh Allen a few more seconds, we win it all.

THAT is where the Bills emphasis should be.

Agree for the most part about focus on the OL but I think we need a round 1/2 burner WR, maybe we can trade a player

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.