Can Sean McDermott Coach the Bills to a Championship?

jethro_tull

186 members have voted

1. 1. Can Sean McDermott Coach the Bills to a Championship?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Hard to say.  To be fair to McDermott this is NOT a Super Bowl roster in my opinion.  Both lines need to be completely revamped, need to add at least one more playmaker on offense.  

his influence is all over the personnel moves   He is accountable as is Brandon Beane  We didnt have to absorb endless Panthers retreads  We didnt have to draft guys in round then ask them to shed 50 lbs to play a diff position   McDermott hesitancy to make changes leave young players sitting while do nothings continue to get starts Somebody is responsible

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Who knows?

History would say, eventually yes. Probably won't be on the timeframe many posters want tho 

History would say no

Every HC and QB have been 5 yrs or less together

Never had a coach and QB won it when together over 5 years.  Ever

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I don’t think so. We have a mediocre coaching staff all around, especially on defense which is supposed to be McD’s specialty. I think we’re good enough to get to the playoffs though but that's only because Josh is a great QB, without him we would tank.

As would every team with a franchise QB

11 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

As would every team with a franchise QB

Would you consider Brock Purdy to be a franchise QB? That’s what a highly proficient offensive innovator can do with a scrub QB. Belichick can’t even make 1st RD QB Mac Jones look good and at least Belichick can actually field a really good defense, McD can’t. 

Edited by Victory Formation
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Hard to say.  To be fair to McDermott this is NOT a Super Bowl roster in my opinion.  Both lines need to be completely revamped, need to add at least one more playmaker on offense.  

This is true.  Though I think he had a hand in a lot of the draft picks - especially on defense so he does bear some of that blame.  

Still I think as the year progressed and injuries to key players happened, the roster wasn’t as loaded as we thought pre-season.  

The areas which were neglected - offensive line, CB, and WR depth came back to bite us in the ass

• Like (+1) 1

I voted No. I strongly believe if the staff stays the same with  just some roster moves. We might as well pause these threads until Jan 2024.  Because nothing will change, soft defense, hero ball, no creative offense, STILL no run game, and Nyheim Hines will still have a limited roll because he's learning the offense.

Teams make trades and players play almost immediately. Our offense struggled and we couldn't find ways to use Hines or Cook who looked quick and decisive.

Time to move on to new ideas and schemes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I’m a McDermott supporter but him and Frazier blew the 13 seconds vs. KC and this year they basically showed up unprepared and got blown out. Seems like in our biggest games vs. good teams, We always get out coached.    Very curious to see how they bounce back from this. 

I don’t think there’s anything to be curious about. They will bounce back from this the same way they bounced back from 13 seconds, and the Texans debacle, etc.

5 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

I wish you had an “I don’t know” option

Because I really don’t.

I do remember very clearly someone - think it was Tony Dungy - expressing very clearly after Yet Another Playoff Exit “The Kansas City Chiefs may win a Super Bowl, but it won’t be with Andy Reid as their coach”.  

And yet they did….

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.