Can Sean McDermott Coach the Bills to a Championship?

jethro_tull

Can Sean McDermott Coach the Bills to a Championship?   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Can Sean McDermott Coach the Bills to a Championship?

• Yes
    • No

I voted no, and I didn’t want to. McD’s culture has turned around this franchise, and he seems like a great guy. I’m concerned that 2020 was the high point for this team. Elite QB’s like Allen don’t always win titles early in their career, but we’re seeing more flaws in this team as time passes. It seems that a different flaw is being uncovered each season.

We’re not progressing slowly uphill, we’ve remained stagnant at best, and regressed at worse. I think of the Super Bowl era Bills teams. The 88 and 89 seasons were a slow climb to the Super Bowl. We seem trapped behind two better teams with anyone else potentially passing us. I’m not sure what the plan is to pull ahead, aside from hoping Josh does something incredible. 

• Agree 2

Yes, but not with Frazier as the DC, and not with Dorsey calling games the way he did at the very end of the season. He needs a more aggressive DC, even if they run the same scheme fundamentally. I think they need to worry less about the defensive statistics and more about making opposing QBs uncomfortable and forcing TOs. If you #### up and it costs you a chunk play or a score, then ride Allen's arm to bail you out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

fanbase split right down the middle. And this does NOT surprise me.

Until it happens there will be a doubt ...no recent behavior to indicate YES *shrugs* But I voted Yes.  Because in view of allll the circumstances and vital injuries I am not laying Sundays loss completely at his feet. That's just me though

Edited by muppy

4 minutes ago, transient said:

Yes, but not with Frazier as the DC, and not with Dorsey calling games the way he did at the very end of the season. He needs a more aggressive DC, even if they run the same scheme fundamentally. I think they need to worry less about the defensive statistics and more about making opposing QBs uncomfortable and forcing TOs. If you #### up and it costs you a chunk play or a score, then ride Allen's arm to bail you out.

Frazier has to go and Dorsey needs some help.  

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The question is

Do the players believe he can coach the team to a Superbowl?

I have my doubts....

This staff’s incompetence is going to force the ugly side of our players to come out. It already started. Josh looks done to me. He’s over it.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

I voted no, the 13 seconds told me everything.   It was head coaching malpractice, it really was.   Nice guy, I could care less.   Just don't want to waste a talent like Allen on a guy who doesn't have it.

Yeah, that’s kind of where I am. No one took accountability for 13 seconds, but you let it go. This season had the potential to let those sins be forgiven. Somehow it seems like this season ended much the same way, albeit with a different type of loss. It ends with more questions of accountability. Who’s going to take accountability for the defensive meltdowns? Who takes accountability for a plethora of ineffective draft picks? I don’t know if anyone does, and then I’m left pondering how 2023 will be different. 

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe.  And I'd probably say that about ANY coach out there right now.  Yes, some active coaches have won SB's - but even Reid is about to go to his 5th AFCCG, and I'm gonna guess he loses that one.  They got a SB, but Jimmy G. missed a long pass in that game that would have made KC just like the Bills - still trying to get it.

There really haven't been THAT many great coaches.  McD is average, imo - but most coaches are.  It's hard to find a great one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.