Perfect summation of Bills fans:

eball

This was not how everyone felt.  

Lots of people have been calling out the team's issues since at least October, and were told they were overreacting.

Second, things change VERY quickly in the NFL.

• Just a year ago, the Rams, Titans, Packers and Buccaneers were among the half-dozen teams with a legit chance to win the Super Bowl.  None of them had winning records this year.  
  • Just two years ago, the Eagles and Bengals finished in last place with 4 wins each.

If the Bills had simply lost, I think people would be calling for changes.  But Sunday's game exposed them as frauds, and revealed how bad our roster construction has actually been over the last few seasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sean's loyality to his coachimg staff might be his undoing someday. Its like if you own a business and you hire your friends and they do a terrible job but you keep them on anyway because there your friends. 

Step one. Fire frazier PLEASE and get soneone that does not use  an 1980 defence. This will be a start of hope for this team.otherwise it will be the sameold.sameold all over again.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Governor said:

This team was over-performing all season. It’s a pretty bad roster. The Cowboys won 13 games too with a much better roster. We have like 4 good players. 1 great player.

Then the team also over-performed last season? And the season before that?

That, or we played as expected all year for 17 games (with the highest point differential in the league) and laid one egg. 

One of these scenarios is easier, and more logical, to believe. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

You do know that a lot of us wanted a coaching change after the 13 second debacle so please don’t generalize.  

They sh-t canned the guy responsible, Heath Farwell.   There you go.   McD tells him to skwib kick and Farwell fails to tell Bass.   Gets fired.   Pretty simple.   Unless you believe McD is supposed to do Farwell's job too.   

The short answer that everyone has either came to grips with, or is still struggling to work through is: this team just didn't feel like it. They had to fight for it and it was too much to ask. 

Saffold's brain was too tired. Milano didn't have "the juice" to be down on the scoreboard. McKenzie was in the movie Groundhog's Day watching Diggs fight the same terrible game plan over and over. Frazier was playing prevent defense in the red zone while the DL got no push on their patchwork OL. All while resting Hyde becuase who wants to risk it on an important game? They obviously all didn't give a flying frick that Damar was there. And the worst part is that they all felt secure enough to admit it to their paying fanbase that their energy in the stadium was wasted. 

The icing on the cake is McDermott and Beane not holding anyone accountable and assuring everyone of their job security. Seems like the main mission was to end the season healthy and they didn't even succeed on that front either. 

So, some of you obviously can't recognize or accept a little playful sarcasm.  Let me clarify, AGAIN:

• I am NOT opposed to fans being critical of the organization
  • I DO believe a great many fans are unreasonable
  • I will always take an optimistic view about what can be done to improve

My take on what I'd like to see going forward:

• A DC able to come up with a game plan that challenges good/great QBs (I don't think Frazier is the answer any longer)
  • Improved quality/consistency on the OL
  • Better 2nd option for Josh at WR

Now, what will I do if the Bills don't make those changes?  I'll ROOT FOR THEM ANYWAY.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

So, some of you obviously can't recognize or accept a little playful sarcasm.  Let me clarify, AGAIN:

• A DC able to come up with a game plan that challenges good/great QBs (I don't think Frazier is the answer any longer)

Now, what will I do if the Bills don't make those changes?  I'll ROOT FOR THEM ANYWAY.

Go Bills!

I knew it.  That was the quickest “I’ll see you in a couple months” in history. Nice job time traveler. 😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I knew it.  That was the quickest “I’ll see you in a couple months” in history. Nice job time traveler. 😂😂😂

All part of the sarcasm my friend...although in honesty I won't be nearly as active.

23 hours ago, eball said:

1/22/23, 2:59 p.m.:  "We're going to win the Super Bowl!!!"

1/22/23, 5:45 p.m.:  "Clean house!  The coaching, roster building and strategy are a joke.  We'll be lucky to ever make the playoffs again!"

Love you guys.

PSA:  this is NOT a "nobody can criticize the organization" thread.  It's a "you're all ridiculous" thread.

See ya in a couple of months.  Go Bills.

Ey, don't lump me in with these lunatics! 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/25/2023 at 1:25 PM, eball said:

Go Bills!

I fully agree with this. I'll say it again- develop our defense- we have multiple DL on a rookie deal. 2 DBs. I don't see a scenario where we become a truly elite defense but we're capable of being a good defense 

But make the offense as elite as possible. We have a generational talent at the most important position in the game and a top 3-5 WR in the gm. I say Beane needs to  Flood this offense with all the  top tier talent he can get. 

I never liked signing OBJ but I would gladly welcome him next year. Even Gronk for a year. 

Knox, Davis as a role player and Shakir as well give us some really good weapons and draft the nastiest OL you can get in the draft.

Only good thing about this type of L is it'll lower expectations going forward.  I hated the SB favorite hype since the off season

With 17 and 14 in their primes, we're going to have a shot every year 

Go Bills 👍

On 1/24/2023 at 11:31 PM, Beck Water said:

Don’t the truck stops charge $12 per shower?

I’m thinking House is a $10 Planet Fitness guy

No. He is a member of the YMCA and can go to any across the US(and Puerto Rico too) as a member. Then Take shower for free. 

On 1/24/2023 at 5:22 PM, ChrisWatson#21 said:

You do know that a lot of us wanted a coaching change after the 13 second debacle so please don’t generalize.  

Exactly.

some of us were cringing while our fellow Bills fans were claiming it’s a year of destiny. 

This coach just isn’t smart enough, and I’ll continue to hope beyond hope Josh can overcome it 

On 1/25/2023 at 1:25 PM, eball said:

Go Bills!

a DC to solve the problem for a defensive head coach?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.