Perfect summation of Bills fans:

eball

4 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

that is the reality of it  We got sucked into the media telling us we had a good roster  Now they have reminded us we have a steaming dumpster pile #17 gets to haul around till his body breaks down

10 months ago we had a great roster when Von and Hyde were healthy, Saffold wasn't a complete bum and was coming off a great season as a run blocker, Jamison Crowder's foot didn't fall off, everybody and their mother thought Knox and Gabe would take a leap, etc.

This team clearly has a serious issue with player development, but on paper it was a fantastic roster heading into the season.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, eball said:

1/22/23, 2:59 p.m.:  "We're going to win the Super Bowl!!!"

1/22/23, 5:45 p.m.:  "Clean house!  The coaching, roster building and strategy are a joke.  We'll be lucky to ever make the playoffs again!"

Love you guys.

PSA:  this is NOT a "nobody can criticize the organization" thread.  It's a "you're all ridiculous" thread.

See ya in a couple of months.  Go Bills.

Ya know... aside from all the people complaining about how poor this team looked despite the wins for most of the year.. but who needs reality when you can make a funny?! 

PSA: This is not an criticism of your ability to grasp reality. It's a 'you're trying too hard' observation. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, eball said:

1/22/23, 5:45 p.m.:  "Clean house!  The coaching, roster building and strategy are a joke.  We'll be lucky to ever make the playoffs again!"

Love you guys.

PSA:  this is NOT a "nobody can criticize the organization" thread.  It's a "you're all ridiculous" thread.

A lot of Bills fans are sounding like Cowboy fans these days.

13 hours ago, eball said:

Love you guys.

Incorrect- I predicted a loss…😉

I’m surprised there isn’t some medical condition created yet for depression created from being a sports fan. There would be the medication to go with it with 20 side effects. There has to be some kind of excuse for us fans that are so emotionally unstable that we allow something we have no control over dictate our mental state. To top it off we drop tons of money on this like it’s a street drug too.  I am not criticizing anyone as I’m a victim  of this disease myself. 

11 hours ago, Governor said:

This team was over-performing all season. It’s a pretty bad roster. The Cowboys won 13 games too with a much better roster. We have like 4 good players. 1 great player.

I might argue on the exact number of good and great players but I agree with your conclusion that the biggest problem with the Bills is personnel, specifically poor draft and free agency decisions.  After these failures in the playoffs my unemotional assessment is that the only difference between this team and the drought teams before it is Josh Allen.  The Bills have always had a good player or three and most seasons an above average defense but not a QB.  

You plug Josh into the Jets, Dolphins, or Patriots offense and that team wins the division.  Excluding the QB position, I'll argue that the other teams in our division have better overall talent and personnel.  The finger points squarely at the front office and Beane.  Sure he gets credit for maneuvering up the draft to pick Allen in the 7th spot but what has he done lately.  And yeah, McDermott's game management skills are subpar and Frazier's scheme is soft and predictable but the personnel decisions have been the worst thing of all things. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

I never thought winning the SB was more than a 10-15% chance. I also think we really need to avoid being overly complacent and shake things up a more than usual.

I wouldn't fire Beane or McDermott, but both coordinators are fair game. That said, Dorsey was a 'rookie' and had a poor OL and few weapons to work with.

14 hours ago, eball said:

Love you guys.

anyone who watched this team get bailed out by Elam vs a 3rd string Miami QB knew this team was soft.   

Super bowl loll 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I might argue on the exact number of good and great players but I agree with your conclusion that the biggest problem with the Bills is personnel, specifically poor draft and free agency decisions.  After these failures in the playoffs my unemotional assessment is that the only difference between this team and the drought teams before it is Josh Allen.  The Bills have always had a good player or three and most seasons an above average defense but not a QB.  

You plug Josh into the Jets, Dolphins, or Patriots offense and that team wins the division.  Excluding the QB position, I'll argue that the other teams in our division have better overall talent and personnel.  The finger points squarely at the front office and Beane.  Sure he gets credit for maneuvering up the draft to pick Allen in the 7th spot but what has he done lately.  And yeah, McDermott's game management skills are subpar and Frazier's scheme is soft and predictable but the personnel decisions have been the worst thing of all things. 

The worst thing for me is that this coach, this team, this scheme, doesn’t fit the city. It isn’t Buffalo Bills football in any way.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, eball said:

Love you guys.

Me at 1/22/23, 2:59 p.m. :: This team is going to get buried by cincinatti.

Me at 1/22/23, 5:45 p.m. :: I quit watching after the 1st quarter, how bad did they get the F##K beat out of them?  Ohh... they scored 10...  more than I thought they'd score.

In case anyone is wondering, I was in Cincinatti when Hamlin went down, and aside from all the love and prayers I sent him since then, the untold truth was they were going to get the same beatdown that night, and it was plain as day.  I quietly said to my circle of friends a month or so earlier that this team was as good as done after the KC win.  That was their superbowl, and they never looked as dominant, or even as prepared after that game.  That's not to say I didn't WANT them to win, I hoped Josh could bounce back and carry the team.  There's no doubt in my mind he was flat out of gas.

Edited by Homey D. Clown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thronethinker said:

I’m surprised there isn’t some medical condition created yet for depression created from being a sports fan. There would be the medication to go with it with 20 side effects. There has to be some kind of excuse for us fans that are so emotionally unstable that we allow something we have no control over dictate our mental state. To top it off we drop tons of money on this like it’s a street drug too.  I am not criticizing anyone as I’m a victim  of this disease myself. 

I am going to be your internet Dr with my advice.  Being a sports fan is an incurable condition VERY resistant to treatment addiction/ affliction at times.

The BEST medicine I can advise is using the thumb of your dominant hand turning OFF the television  to cut the cord of sports OFF

THEN what do you do?  learn to play tennis or surf.  Get more physically active or volunteer or just something else to take your mind off of sports ...DANCE MORE

Drink water.

right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.