AFC East Rumored QBs 2023

PatsFanNH

47 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think Brady would just ignore Patricia and pretty much called his own plays ,way beyond the experience or expertise of  Mr Jones . O Brien is notorious with not giving younger players a lot of latitude, he will be riding on Jones's ass, you think the Brady O'Brien flare up was bad.I wonder if Jones was consulted on this move before it happened as he had Bill O Brien with him at Alabama.

I don’t think that will bother Jones. He did come Alabama and Nick Saban.. not actually a low key coach lol. 

Also he helped coach BOB up on Alabama in the spring before he was drafted. BOB never coached him. 

My point with Brady is most established QBs would have lost patience a lot quicker. 

35 minutes ago, Success said:

Pats fans were tripping over themselves online celebrating the Bills loss.  I was kind of stunned, actually - I got that reaction from our fanbase when the Pats would lose, but that was only down the line, after the Pats had been winning SB's.  They were more over-the-top than we've been about their notable losses when they had Brady.

Short-sighted, though - I agree w/ what you're saying here.  Had we won a SB, we might have stood pat, and not made too many moves. Now, we'll be even more all in to get one.

Fan bases are kind of dumb.  That said unlike last year where it was clearly a defensive collapse that caused the loss, what do you go out and fix when the entire team plays awful?  Yes maybe Von Miller fixes the pass rush, Maybe you can fix the O line? But no flashy move will fix the issue of the fact the Bills have to go threw Cincy and KC to make the SB.

47 minutes ago, Success said:

Pats fans were tripping over themselves online celebrating the Bills loss.  I was kind of stunned, actually - I got that reaction from our fanbase when the Pats would lose, but that was only down the line, after the Pats had been winning SB's.  They were more over-the-top than we've been about their notable losses when they had Brady.

Short-sighted, though - I agree w/ what you're saying here.  Had we won a SB, we might have stood pat, and not made too many moves. Now, we'll be even more all in to get one.

I live/work in NJ. I am listening to crap from Jets fans (family, co-workers, friends) all happy about the Bills loss. Some were even happier with the Bills loss over the Giants losing.  Many of the Jets fans I know don't consider the Giants a "real" rival unlike the Bills.

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Fan bases are kind of dumb.  That said unlike last year where it was clearly a defensive collapse that caused the loss, what do you go out and fix when the entire team plays awful?  Yes maybe Von Miller fixes the pass rush, Maybe you can fix the O line? But no flashy move will fix the issue of the fact the Bills have to go threw Cincy and KC to make the SB.

Nice attempt to put a rain cloud over '23.  They don't need superstars. I'm glad they got Von, but they need stronger pieces on both lines.

That really needs to be the offseason focus - that and possibly a power RB.  But I'd expect high draft picks going to the O-line, and more strategic vet acquisitions.  Again - they don't need stars, and they don't even need dramatic improvement.  Just better players on both sides of the line.

The Bills peaked at the wrong time. There is no huge gap between them, Cincy & KC.

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I live/work in NJ. I am listening to crap from Jets fans (family, co-workers, friends) all happy about the Bills loss. Some were even happier with the Bills loss over the Giants losing.  Many of the Jets fans I know don't consider the Giants a "real" rival unlike the Bills.

We have all of the hate now, but none of the hardware.  

I've gotta give Romo some blame on that one.  But really, I think people got tired of the Bills hype from everyone in the media, all season. I'll be happy to slide just a little bit more under the radar (it will never be like it was, but I'd expect more people to be talking about Cincy & KC next year than the Bills).

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Nice attempt to put a rain cloud over '23.  They don't need superstars. I'm glad they got Von, but they need stronger pieces on both lines.

That really needs to be the offseason focus - that and possibly a power RB.  But I'd expect high draft picks going to the O-line, and more strategic vet acquisitions.  Again - they don't need stars, and they don't even need dramatic improvement.  Just better players on both sides of the line.

The Bills peaked at the wrong time. There is no huge gap between them, Cincy & KC.

As I said before right now Cincy, KC, and Buffalo are the class of the AFC.  You are right there is no huge gap between the Bills and KC. I am not sure about Cincy, you have only played one game against them and that’s not enough of a sample to know one way or the other. 

The Bills and about half the league needs OLine help, so won’t be easy to fix and as people in here like to point out the Draft is a crap shoot. 

On 1/24/2023 at 4:01 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills 6th place in AFC East.

Jets would be 7th then....

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

I dont know what Jets fans you are talking to, most Jets fans wanted the Bills to go all the way. And the Giants are not considered rivals, they play once every 4 years, pre-season doesnt count. As long as the Pats and Dolphins dont win it im good with rooting for the Bills when the Jets are eliminated, makes the AFCE look that much better.

Anyone wondering why Brady may be on the fish radar, here you go.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35539313/tua-tagovailoa-protocol-miss-pro-bowl-games-source-says

The fish may say they aren't worried about Tua going forward, but they're full of it if they're actually considering making a push for Brady.

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

None of them are Josh.  The Bills will continue to have the best QB in the division for a good while💪🏼

That's the thing...none of them really have to be better than Josh.

They just have to play better than Zach Wilson, Mike White, Skylar Thompson, and Teddy Bridgewater.

The Jets and Fish played us tough with some pretty pedestrian QB play.

I'd rather not see either of them get any future HOF'ers or someone as dynamic as Lamar.

On 1/25/2023 at 7:12 AM, zow2 said:

It was bad news for the Jets/Mia/NE that Buffalo was humiliated like that in the Divisionals.  Instead of accomplishing their goals and maybe taking their "foot off the gas", the Bills will be on a mission again,

Well, that's certainly a glass half full take.

Maybe I'm just a glass half empty guy, but my fear is the opposite: free agent/trade prospects for MIA/NYJ (Brady to Miami: I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen) will be less likely to be scared off by the Bills dominance since the Bills suddenly don't look so dominant.

Miami will definitely get Brady if they want him. Tyreek and Waddle will light the world on fire. The problem is Brady is 99 years old and last we saw him on the field was getting his WRs destroyed. I will admit the prospect of the aftermentioned trio is scary, but as the season wears on and injuries take their toll, I do not see all 3 of those guys surviving a season. 

NYJ: Whether its Rodgers or Carr or Joe Flacco the Jets are known for one thing, sucking on offense. Breece Hall was dynamic but will come back a fraction of his former self. Every year is different and no doubt the Jets will be drafing middle Round 1 purgatory. 

NE: Mac Jones is dynamically mediocre and no matter who is calling the plays New England's best offense is their defense and special teams. Thankfully for Mac Jones he won't play much after week 6. I could see the Patriots trying to sell another 6th round pick to their fanbase. Brady was a once in a lifetime late round star.

Buffalo. Josh Allen will spend an offseason watching film, drinking Coors Light, and wondering what might have been if he consistently checked the ball down, or audibled into runs. Throwing 10,000 passes to RBs and WRs in the flat would do wonders to the efficiency of drives and preservation of his body. The last evolution in Allen's game will happen above his shoulders as he learns to augment the limits to his superpowers. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/24/2023 at 3:24 PM, PatsFanNH said:

So they are talking about these possibilities for next year:

Jets — Trade for Rogers. I love the move, yes they be tough for a couple years but Rogers is getting old and injured a lot lately.. short term it’s bad by year 3 they are meh

Dolphins — Sign Brady. Short term like a year it’s scary after that they need a QB. 

Pats — stay Pat with Jones but should be improved with BOB as OC. Short term/long term they will learn what they have in Jones one way or the other.  

Bills — Allen, now they just need to institute a real running game that doesn’t just consist of Allen. Like maybe 20 runs a game?  They are super close to a championship.. but just need a few small pieces around a top 3 QB.

Brady’s shot, Rodgers is fine but Nathaniel Hackett?We know who Jones is. Give me the Bills all day long.

16 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Brady’s shot, Rodgers is fine but Nathaniel Hackett?We know who Jones is. Give me the Bills all day long.

Brady was on a very bad team. I think at best he has 1 year left.

Rogers — is a Diva and I have yet to see him elevate a team.

Jones — we don’t know what he is. He had a good rookie year and a sophomore year from hell with terrible terrible O and QB coaching. This year with BOB we will definitely know what he is.

I still think the Bills are the class of the division, but they need to change it up some to get to what truly matters. 

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Brady was on a very bad team. I think at best he has 1 year left.

Rogers — is a Diva and I have yet to see him elevate a team.

Jones — we don’t know what he is. He had a good rookie year and a sophomore year from hell with terrible terrible O and QB coaching. This year with BOB we will definitely know what he is.

I still think the Bills are the class of the division, but they need to change it up some to get to what truly matters. 

I shouldn’t say we know who Jones is because as you say Patricia and Judge are most of his problem. Still they need receivers.Brady, who ruined most of my adult life as a fan, had some O-line issues, but his receivers were the same as the SB year and he was just a statue who didn’t want contact. Rogers is not a Jet yet, but if he is , that team with Hall and some good receivers will be good if they get those O-lineman back. They’re solid defensively.

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

I shouldn’t say we know who Jones is because as you say Patricia and Judge are most of his problem. Still they need receivers.Brady, who ruined most of my adult life as a fan, had some O-line issues, but his receivers were the same as the SB year and he was just a statue who didn’t want contact. Rogers is not a Jet yet, but if he is , that team with Hall and some good receivers will be good if they get those O-lineman back. They’re solid defensively.

Actually Brady was without most of his weapons all year and the O line had issues.

Jones you’re right he doesn’t have great WR but with competent coaching last year they are a playoff team.  If they give him a real Receiver threat like say Maybe Meyer at TE.. who knows.. like I said this year is his make or break year.

im not high on Rogers like everyone else he always does great in the regular season then the team falls apart in the first round of the playoffs.. 

im partial but of all three teams the Pats have the best chance of improving and being a threat LONG term.. or brings total dumpster fire

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.