AFC East Rumored QBs 2023

PatsFanNH

So they are talking about these possibilities for next year:

Jets — Trade for Rogers. I love the move, yes they be tough for a couple years but Rogers is getting old and injured a lot lately.. short term it’s bad by year 3 they are meh

Dolphins — Sign Brady. Short term like a year it’s scary after that they need a QB. 

Pats — stay Pat with Jones but should be improved with BOB as OC. Short term/long term they will learn what they have in Jones one way or the other.  

Bills — Allen, now they just need to institute a real running game that doesn’t just consist of Allen. Like maybe 20 runs a game?  They are super close to a championship.. but just need a few small pieces around a top 3 QB.

• Like (+1) 1

I could see the jets trading for Lamar first.  Gonna cost a lot but they have a good team thanks to the 3 first round picks they had last year and all were great.  Rodgers won't get you far after a season or two if they did it.

Everything else sounds plausible if not set in stone (Allen's not going anywhere).

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, quincy said:

Miami - Brady

Jets - Lamar/Rodgers

NE - Mac Jones

Buffalo - Allen

If the rumours actually materialize, how can New England stick with Mac Jones? They are top 10 in available cap space. 

Because outside of Allen the others are just bandaids at WB for a year or two. It would be very JETSY to go out and pay a huge amount in draft capital as well as money for Lamar or Rogers. I think Lamar is done in maybe 2 years if he already having knee issues. 

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't understand why Miami would want to rent Brady for a year.  They went 8-5 in games that Tua started this season.

Because Brady is the GOAT and they would think with those WR they be SB contenders. I think it be scarier if he ended up on the Jets. He would only have to play smart and within himself for like 95% of the games and he has shown he still has the ability to occasionally elevate his team when needed. Sort of Manning his last year in Denver thing. 

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Because outside of Allen the others are just bandaids at WB for a year or two. It would be very JETSY to go out and pay a huge amount in draft capital as well as money for Lamar or Rogers. I think Lamar is done in maybe 2 years if he already having knee issues. 

Because Brady is the GOAT and they would think with those WR they be SB contenders. I think it be scarier if he ended up on the Jets. He would only have to play smart and within himself for like 95% of the games and he has shown he still has the ability to occasionally elevate his team when needed. Sort of Manning his last year in Denver thing. 

I hope Miami does get Brady.  That'll ruin Tua, create locker room drama, and they aren't going to win any  more games with Brady.  Tua was pretty good this year!

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

A lot of Buffalo fans are wondering, can we win a Super Bowl with McDermott ...

In the next two years, do you think that NE can win the AFC East with Mac Jones as QB1?

Edited by quincy
spelling

14 minutes ago, quincy said:

A lot of Buffalo fans are wondering, can we win a Super Bowl with McDermott ...

In the next two years, do you think that NE can win the AFC East with Mac Jones as QB1?

I honestly don’t know. His rookie year he looked promising, last year was just a huge step back on the O and it was just awful! I think we will have a clear picture of what Jones is after this year for sure!   I’d probably trade down in the draft this year try get 2 first for next year so if Jones isn’t the answer we have the draft capital move up to get one, and if he is we have 2 picks in the first round to build around him. 

57 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't understand why Miami would want to rent Brady for a year.  They went 8-5 in games that Tua started this season.

Tells me they aren't comfortable with Tua's status going forward.

We have no idea what's really going on with him. He could up and retire for all we know.  

Multiple concussions are not something to mess around with. Doctors may be telling him it's not wise to keep playing.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Tua's not shown in 3 seasons he can last a full 17 games. Toss in he struggles in cold weather. I don't think they'd wise to go after Brady or keep Tua.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I honestly don’t know. His rookie year he looked promising, last year was just a huge step back on the O and it was just awful! I think we will have a clear picture of what Jones is after this year for sure!   I’d probably trade down in the draft this year try get 2 first for next year so if Jones isn’t the answer we have the draft capital move up to get one, and if he is we have 2 picks in the first round to build around him. 

Having an actual OC is going to help you guys a ton.  Maybe a little more talent to catch the ball, and Pats will bounce back.  I think it's a legit 4 way race in the AFCE next year.  Bills should still be the favorite, but not by nearly as much as this year

16 hours ago, quincy said:

Miami - Brady

Jets - Lamar/Rodgers

NE - Mac Jones

Buffalo - Allen

If the rumours actually materialize, how can New England stick with Mac Jones? They are top 10 in available cap space. 

Who gets Carr?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.