Beane End of Year Presser

thenorthremembers

7 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I was a McDermott fan until seeing a much worse version of 13 seconds... we were totally unprepared and poor coaching really hurt us badly. It's not an overreaction when #BillsMafia were all wondering why in the hell we didn't do JACK on defense to adjust and to bring more blitzes since it was obvious our front 4 were not getting ANYTHING done. and Dorsey's play calling looked foolish and amateurish.

They tried blitzing. Joe Burrow hits the hot route before the blitz gets there.

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Beane got Allen and Diggs and has been living off of that for years now.

Really, his drafts have been mediocre at best, especially in high rounds. He needs to get the job done this draft. 

Chiefs and Bengals are clearly better teams, IMO. that puts us at #3 in the AFC. Ravens with a healthy Lamar (he isn't going anywhere) will be dangerous and win a lot of games. Chargers could get their act together and be dangerous as well. 

Even our division is tough. Dolphins have a crazy offense when Tua is healthy. Jets are a great defense. 

Beane has work to do. We'll see, but I'm disappointed in his drafting the past 2 seasons. 

Beane deserves an opportunity to get this pointed in the right direction.

But for that to happen he has to be a different GM. 

Fingers crossed. 

I thought the Beane presser had some elements of mea culpa and a small dose of accountability but in the end who cares. I dont think they are going to fire either of the coordinators and McD is a sacred cow that will not be touched or even criticized for his actions. Many of the questions yesterday were far too respectful from the media. It might have been nice for someone (Jerry Sullivan .........cough.........cough) to be there to be a Sht disturber. I dont think Beane felt enough heat for what happened and it certainly wont be coming from the Pegulas.

• Agree 1

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

I thought the Beane presser had some elements of mea culpa and a small dose of accountability but in the end who cares. I dont think they are going to fire either of the coordinators and McD is a sacred cow that will not be touched or even criticized for his actions. Many of the questions yesterday were far too respectful from the media. It might have been nice for someone (Jerry Sullivan .........cough.........cough) to be there to be a Sht disturber. I dont think Beane felt enough heat for what happened and it certainly wont be coming from the Pegulas.

The only heat Beane seems to be feeling is from the "social media film critics" who have him all irked.  He sounded similar to Kim Pegula when she told the BN that the fans aren't privy to all of what goes on behind the scenes when it comes to the Sabres and that Botterill wasn't going anywhere.  

They fired Botterill a few weeks later.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Disappointing. Perhaps he didn’t think he’d have to give this press conference this early. But he should have prepared more. Beane has been very telling in the past on these pressers and we’ve referenced them throughout the ensuing seasons. This seemed completely off the cuff. The only part I took from it is if we don’t lose Dorsey to a HC job (unlikely imo), then he’ll be back for a 2nd season. His comments about Hines were strange and I think he’s hiding something there. It’s unlikely Singletary will accept our offer an Cook isn’t an every down back. 

I think everybody’s bewildered at OBD..

Again.  Part of why I think the Front Office and coaches weren’t on the same page.  

Which by the way is perfectly normal.  

However, when everyone is feeling the pressure of expectations and the failure of 13 seconds that’s exacerbated.  

Which is why if your reaction to 13 seconds was fire everyone - you knew there was no recovering from this.  It’s a catastrophic loss with catastrophic ramifications you don’t recover from.  

I’ve seen plenty of them as a Buffalo fan.  

Coupled with Sunday, these playoff exits almost completely destroy the “aura” we had as league darlings and perennial SB favorites. That’s going to impact free agents.

If the Bills were say - The Dolphins - if the Dolphins just went thru this and we were chasing them I’m pretty sure we’d be saying “they’re done.  Window closed.”  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

I wish one of the reporters had pointed out Gabe Davis had a 51.6% catch percentage in the regular season which isn't a 1 off but an entire season trend & asked him is that good enough & couldn't you do better at WR2. Beane kept making it sound like everything's fine - not to over react to 1 game. But that was a season long problem. Really bothers me that he never conceded that anything needed to be changed, & made it sound like everything was fine they just had 1 bad day at the wrong time. It was not an honest evaluation of the team & doesn't bode well for next season. He was way more defensive than usual.

Agree 100%. Joe Marino on one of his YouTube videos talked about Beane's previous end of season press conferences. He was anticipating Beane's words. He stated Beane previously said the last game you lose really exposes your teams weaknesses. Something to that effect. Fast forward to Beane's presser and he's done a 180% turn. The red flags are waving. I think this organization is on the downfall. Not a free fall but a slow regression. This team is unlikely to make a Super Bowl run next year. Sure it's a bold prediction and probably too early to say that. We fans have to hope for no major injuries which is not likely. Hope players step up because significant moves aren't in the future. The Bills have gone from Super favorites to playoff contenders in one year. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree 100%. Joe Marino on one of his YouTube videos talked about Beane's previous end of season press conferences. He was anticipating Beane's words. He stated Beane previously said the last game you lose really exposes your teams weaknesses. Something to that effect. Fast forward to Beane's presser and he's done a 180% turn. The red flags are waving. I think this organization is on the downfall. Not a free fall but a slow regression. This team is unlikely to make a Super Bowl run next year. Sure it's a bold prediction and probably too early to say that. We fans have to hope for no major injuries which is not likely. Hope players step up because significant moves aren't in the future. The Bills have gone from Super favorites to playoff contenders in one year. 

Yeah interesting that yesterday Beane said you can't overreact to the last game, you have to look at season trends (which I don't disagree with). But last year he used the last game to make Gabe the #2 WR, despite the fact that his catch % last season (2021) was 55.6%. His doing an impression of the Titanic Captain, everything's fine most of the voyage has gone great, is a bit jarringly obtuse. (Not that we're the Titanic, more Gilligan's SS Minnow on a 3 hr never ending tour that doesn't reach it's championship destination)

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Bro, that's 2ND TEAM meaning he was a RUNNER UP... this is like saying Pro Bowl alternates are pro bowlers or MVP Runner Ups are MVPs

🤣

That means 2nd team,  as in runner up lmao... they put the badges on the top for pro bowl and all pro, hence why he doesn't have one. 

This would be like claiming pro bowl alternates are pro bowlers or mvp runner ups are MVPs lmao

2nd team = runner up... 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_All-Pro_Team

incorrect. 

51 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lmao wikipedia.

Dude i already provided links to another poster, Google it. 

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-is-the-difference-between-being-an-nfl-all-pro-and-pro-bowler/

Who makes the All-Pro team?

While making the Pro Bowl is considered an honor, making the NFL’s All-Pro teams are more prestigious. Unlike the Pro Bowl, which fans count for one-third of the vote and is often a popularity contest, members of the media select the All-Pro teams.

In 2020, those media organizations include the Associated Press (AP), Pro Football Writers of America (PFWA), and Sporting News (SN). Any player selected to the first-team of any of the teams is considered an “All-Pro” and included in the NFL Record and Fact Book.

"First team" are the only "All Pros"... anything else is just a media runner up that never gets recorded in NFL History/Fact Book. 

FURTHERMORE, here is a link to the 2022 NFL Record and Fact Book (for the 2021 season), which Hyde is quite clearly not an All-Pro because he wasn't,  2nd team is nothing more than a runner up recognition and nothing more 

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/2022-nfl-record-and-fact-book/

Edited by ArtVandalay

I understand your frustration with what he’s saying, but look at the reality, there’s virtually no cap room, you are picking, 28th (?) and you have glaring holes.  What are you going to say?  

“All the free agents I signed were a bust, so they are taking up cap space and the draft hasn’t looked much better, I’m pretty much running a top 5 QB out there with bottom 1/3 talent around him and hoping for the best.”?   Let’s get real, he’s got to cling to the fact they had 13 wins, and he has built in excuses, new OC, Miller got hurt, Hyde got hurt, White wasn’t quite himself, Hamlin scare, snow storms, didn’t catch the groove at the right time.  He’s basically going to be Teflon this year, wish all you want, he’s not going anywhere, nor is the team.  

Ironically, the first thing he did was get rid of all of the big contracts Whaley had signed with under performers and suffered a year of dead cap hits, only to be right back to it 3 years later.   Beane is MMMASSSSSSSIVLY over rated, take Allen out and watch this team fold like origami.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I understand your frustration with what he’s saying, but look at the reality, there’s virtually no cap room, you are picking, 28th (?) and you have glaring holes.  What are you going to say?  

“All the free agents I signed were a bust, so they are taking up cap space and the draft hasn’t looked much better, I’m pretty much running a top 5 QB out there with bottom 1/3 talent around him and hoping for the best.”?   Let’s get real, he’s got to cling to the fact they had 13 wins, and he has built in excuses, new OC, Miller got hurt, Hyde got hurt, White wasn’t quite himself, Hamlin scare, snow storms, didn’t catch the groove at the right time.  He’s basically going to be Teflon this year, wish all you want, he’s not going anywhere, nor is the team.  

Ironically, the first thing he did was get rid of all of the big contracts Whaley had signed with under performers and suffered a year of dead cap hits, only to be right back to it 3 years later.   Beane is MMMASSSSSSSIVLY over rated, take Allen out and watch this team fold like origami.

“It starts with me, I need to do a better job finding players the coaches can work with and who can make an immediate impact helping us win games.  And I need to do a top-down review of my scouting and pro personnel staff to make sure we’ve got the best people and processes, because we’ve fallen short.  And I need to be better at making sure that the coaches and scouts are on the exact same page about what kinds of players we need, because those lines of communication haven’t worked as well as they should.  And I expect to make changes in all of those areas and to be held accountable if I don’t succeed in doing so.”

IT’S NOT THAT HARD TO DO

5 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Bro, that's 2ND TEAM meaning he was a RUNNER UP... this is like saying Pro Bowl alternates are pro bowlers or MVP Runner Ups are MVPs

🤣

That means 2nd team,  as in runner up lmao... they put the badges on the top for pro bowl and all pro, hence why he doesn't have one.

Nope, that's not what it means and all you did was provide more wrong information and opinions per usual. He's a x2 All-Pro, it is mentioned everywhere that he's an All-Pro and from the looks of it everyone here disagrees with you also.

Instead of owning up to the bad information you provided, like a man would, you doubled down on it. But I wouldn't expect any different you. You come on here and rip the team and other posters who don't agree with you, but can't own up to a mistake you made, good job.:thumbsup:

Yeah, it's mentioned everywhere you look that he was a All-Pro alternate.😂 I've never heard that before in the 45 years I've watched football. Lol, now I've heard of everything. Art Vandalay making up his own reality. 😂🤣😂🤣

32 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Nope, that's not what it means and all you did was provide more wrong information and opinions per usual. He's a x2 All-Pro, it is mentioned everywhere that he's an All-Pro and from the looks of it everyone here disagrees with you also.

Instead of owning up to the bad information you provided, like a man would, you doubled down on it. But I wouldn't expect any different you. You come on here and rip the team and other posters who don't agree with you, but can't own up to a mistake you made, good job.:thumbsup:

Yeah, it's mentioned everywhere you look that he was a All-Pro alternate.😂 I've never heard that before in the 45 years I've watched football. Lol, now I've heard of everything. Art Vandalay making up his own reality. 😂🤣😂🤣

Lmao you can't be serious, I've provided the information several times, your density and stubbornness to acknowledge basic facts is incredible. 

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-is-the-difference-between-being-an-nfl-all-pro-and-pro-bowler/

While making the Pro Bowl is considered an honor, making the NFL’s All-Pro teams are more prestigious. Unlike the Pro Bowl, which fans count for one-third of the vote and is often a popularity contest, members of the media select the All-Pro teams.

In 2020, those media organizations include the Associated Press (AP), Pro Football Writers of America (PFWA), and Sporting News (SN). Any player selected to the first-team of any of the teams is considered an “All-Pro” and included in the NFL Record and Fact Book.

"First team" are the only "All Pros"... anything else is just a media runner up that never gets recorded in NFL History/Fact Book. 

FURTHERMORE, here is a link to the 2022 NFL Record and Fact Book (for the 2021 season), which Hyde is quite clearly not an All-Pro because he wasn't, 2nd team is nothing more than a runner up recognition and nothing more 

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/2022-nfl-record-and-fact-book/

Literally putting everything on a platter here for you including the OFFICIAL NFL RECORD AND FACT BOOK for the season showing you such. 

"2nd team" is nothing more than a runner up recognition, it means nothing. It is not "All Pro".

44 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Wow! That is the blunt truth at its best. However, Beane does deserve credit too. He inheriented a mess from Whaley. He tore down an inadequate team and built it into a consistent playoff team. We fans were estastic with the turnaround, winning games, making the playoffs, and having a franchise QB. 

However, the fans and teams expectations have changed. A credit to the organization's success. The Bills were in everyone's top 3 teams in the NFL going into this year. Overwhelming favorites to win the Super Bowl. 

Beans is now backed himself into a corner with very little ammunition to retool the team. Paying the price his failed DL pick ups. His failure to adequately solidify an offensive line. The lack of weapons the teams has. Lastly, a coaching staff that has clearly become inferior to others especially in the playoffs. You can see the difference between Coach McD presser and Beane. Vastly and starkly not on the same page. 

Beane is a very intelligent guy. He can clearly see the writing on the wall. He knows the Bills team is likely trending downward. Of course he can't admit that. Instead, he had to give excuses and hope players develop and step up. 

I can see a total rehaul of the Bills organization within the next couple of years. Especially, if the team doesn't meet expectations. We fans should probably forget about making that Super Bowl appearance next year. 

I was listening to FOX Sports radio about 20 minutes ago. They had Donte Whitner on. 

The host played a clip from Beane’s press conference. The part where Beane talked about Burrow being on a rookie deal and not wanting to suck bad enough to get a Jamar Chase…blah, blah, blah.

The host then asked what he thought of that and Whitner said it sounded to him like a GM that is not willing to be held accountable for his own roster. Whitner then went down the list of some players the 49ers have and how the were acquired.

I agree with Whitner. I’m starting to lose faith in Beane running the show.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.