Beane End of Year Presser

thenorthremembers

Disappointing. Perhaps he didn’t think he’d have to give this press conference this early. But he should have prepared more. Beane has been very telling in the past on these pressers and we’ve referenced them throughout the ensuing seasons. This seemed completely off the cuff. The only part I took from it is if we don’t lose Dorsey to a HC job (unlikely imo), then he’ll be back for a 2nd season. His comments about Hines were strange and I think he’s hiding something there. It’s unlikely Singletary will accept our offer an Cook isn’t an every down back. 

I think everybody’s bewildered at OBD..

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

I don’t know what more people want Beane to say.  They’ve made high dollar commitments to several on the team at this point, including Josh who is no longer on the rookie deal, and there’s a lot of dead money tied to those guys.  They need certain guys to step up more,  and the same with the marginal FAs and rookies they add this offseason.  And he doesn’t seem to have an issue with the coaching staff, considering all the adversity they had to deal with this season while finishing 13-3, and the team just laying an egg at a bad time against another talented team.

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

Thats also the impression I have at this point.

Very depressing press conference. He knows we are not good enough and he also knows we don’t have the resources to fix it.

Yep.  I felt the same way during that press conference.  This is the lowest and least optimistic I have felt during the Beane regime.  It feels like we are in a situation where we are kind of stuck right now.  We won't totally suck but I don't think we are in a position to properly re-tool this thing to a true contender.  Very depressing and deflating.

11 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

You want him to say what we're truly thinking?

Beane: "Hey yo we suck ass, bruh. We're terrible, bruh. Our defense is ass. Our offense is Josh Allen going HAM, bruh. That's all we have. Bengals ate our faces off. I effed up with our defensive draft selections. Bit me all up in my ass, bruh. I don't draft wide receivers because Josh Allen makes Joe Blow from the Streets look good so there was no need to draft any receiver. So please pray for me. I mean, pray for us."

image.png.4f1c3346cc267cd33958c599fea6f6a5.png

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Bro, that's 2ND TEAM meaning he was a RUNNER UP... this is like saying Pro Bowl alternates are pro bowlers or MVP Runner Ups are MVPs

🤣

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

Your link even says he was AP-2 in 17 and 21.

That means 2nd team,  as in runner up lmao... they put the badges on the top for pro bowl and all pro, hence why he doesn't have one. 

This would be like claiming pro bowl alternates are pro bowlers or mvp runner ups are MVPs lmao

8 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Umm Hyde is 2nd team All Pro 2x (2017, 2021) and PB 1x (2017)

2nd team = runner up... 

9 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Bro, that's 2ND TEAM meaning he was a RUNNER UP... this is like saying Pro Bowl alternates are pro bowlers or MVP Runner Ups are MVPs

🤣

That means 2nd team,  as in runner up lmao... they put the badges on the top for pro bowl and all pro, hence why he doesn't have one. 

This would be like claiming pro bowl alternates are pro bowlers or mvp runner ups are MVPs lmao

2nd team = runner up... 

Second team all pro is still an all pro distinction. Otherwise it wouldn't be called anything. They are more right than you are.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

Second team all pro is still an all pro distinction. Otherwise it wouldn't be called anything. They are more right than you are.

It's not All Pro distinction, which is why they don't receive the badge for it on the link provided, and it is NOT included in the official NFL Record and Fact Book, only first team is.  It is a runner up award from the press, not an official distinction. Google it. 

Who makes the All-Pro team?

While making the Pro Bowl is considered an honor, making the NFL’s All-Pro teams are more prestigious. Unlike the Pro Bowl, which fans count for one-third of the vote and is often a popularity contest, members of the media select the All-Pro teams.

In 2020, those media organizations include the Associated Press (AP), Pro Football Writers of America (PFWA), and Sporting News (SN). Any player selected to the first-team of any of the teams is considered an “All-Pro” and included in the NFL Record and Fact Book.

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-is-the-difference-between-being-an-nfl-all-pro-and-pro-bowler/

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The difference is in years past he has openly admitted the team's problems. After the Houston playoff loss he said we didn't have enough weapons around Josh. Two years ago he called out the TE room. Last year he said we didn't do a good enough job getting to the opposing QB. This year he didn't point out anything that needs to improve. Just said the current players went through some stuff and that was that. This team needs some major changes to get to championship level and I'm not sure Beane has a plan of how to get there. We are stuck in the 2nd class of the NFL if he can't figure it out.

Looks like a disconnect between the FO and Sean imo and/or Beane is not willing to call Sean out. His scheme and philosophies on Offense and Defense will dictate the type (skillset) of players the FO will look for.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buckets said:

I'm jumping on the Bean has to go bus. Says the coaching is fine, is throwing the players under the bus and blames the cap for not being able to bring in "blue chip" players.

Bingo! Until this organization realizes that the coaching staff needs to be fixed, they’re going absolutely nowhere. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I have always strongly suspected that Brandon Beane has several drawers full of perfectly-folded white socks.

I want to love this metaphor (possibly for future use), but at the risk of seeming slow on the uptake, could you expound? Do you mean, too vanilla, unimaginative, anal retentive?

I was a McDermott fan until seeing a much worse version of 13 seconds... we were totally unprepared and poor coaching really hurt us badly. It's not an overreaction when #BillsMafia were all wondering why in the hell we didn't do JACK on defense to adjust and to bring more blitzes since it was obvious our front 4 were not getting ANYTHING done. and Dorsey's play calling looked foolish and amateurish.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Agree 1

Beane got Allen and Diggs and has been living off of that for years now.

Really, his drafts have been mediocre at best, especially in high rounds. He needs to get the job done this draft. 

Chiefs and Bengals are clearly better teams, IMO. that puts us at #3 in the AFC. Ravens with a healthy Lamar (he isn't going anywhere) will be dangerous and win a lot of games. Chargers could get their act together and be dangerous as well. 

Even our division is tough. Dolphins have a crazy offense when Tua is healthy. Jets are a great defense. 

Beane has work to do. We'll see, but I'm disappointed in his drafting the past 2 seasons. 

• Agree 3

Beane is a quality excuse maker. I get it. But in reality, development time is over. Upgrade S. Brown, D Jackson, I Mckenzie, Epenesa, Hart (can't believe he is even on the roster), Keenum, have the db's and Oline. It's not about he's a good guy...it's about championships.  Think Belichick wants friends or titles, how did that work for them.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.