Aaron Rodgers to the Jets for 2 first round picks?

Lost

On 1/24/2023 at 5:46 PM, mannc said:

Brady wasn’t traded; the Bucs got him for “free”, so that’s obviously not what I was talking about.  And of course the Wilson and Watson trades have been nothing short of a catastrophe for their teams. And the Rams look like they might be the worst team in the league next year, and for years to come.

Your post clearly said 'acquired'. Acquiring a player could be through FA/Waiver claim or trade. You also clearly pointed out 'established QB' changes which means older QBs moving on. Not all of them do, but look at recent history.

Yes, Aaron Rodgers to NY Jets would be a huge problem. Stop being a homer.

My examples both hold as to why your original post was silly.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers 'acquired' a QB in Tom Brady. They won a Super Bowl in his first year. BTW he beat a 'drafted the right way' QB in Mahomes.

The Los Angeles Rams 'acquired' a QB in Matt Stafford. They won a Super Bowl in his first year. BTW he beat a 'drafted the right way' QB in Burrow.

The young AFC studs are 0-2 in recent Super Bowls. Feels like the late 80-90s again. Better balanced and built NFC teams are beating the young studly guns in the AFC again. Those who do not understand history repeat it.

Your post was silly, and you want to argue semantics for being wrong.

As for LA. They were mortgaging the future with Goff. I would gladly take a Lombardy and a 2 yr rebuild than continuing to fall short and f&*k up in a 5 year window.

Buffalo is not too far off of LA or Tampa with roster, cap space or draft picks, and have nothing to show for it. The trophy case at OBD is still empty and dusty.

Worry about the dynasty after actually winning one.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/24/2023 at 3:18 PM, KDIGGZ said:

Let it be true? What are you nuts. This guy won the last 2 MVPs and you want him in our division with a great defense and amazing young WR's??

Some people think we are still some Juggernaut, they are quick to forget Zack Wilson beat us once this year, Tua beat us once, then Miami almost beat us a 2nd and 3rd time with a rookie 3rd string QB.  Not to mention that last Ne game wasn't exactly a blowout either, we had 2 kick returns for tds. I think the chicken will come home to roost next year and people that still can't see it will be asking what happened?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/24/2023 at 2:31 PM, Lost said:

I'm not disagreeing with you.  I'm saying the Bills, based on how this season ended will need a year or two to really reset and get pieces in place.  The Jets absolutely nailed their draft last year with Wilson Gardner and Hall.   Based on how they have been drafting compared to us, our best hope is to maybe take a beating from them next year while they bet the franchine on a declining vet QB by giving away premium picks. 

I think people put too much weight on draft picks. Not saying you don’t need them but giving up a few for a elite player is a smart move. When your a few pieces away. Look what 49ers did with CMC. 

• Like (+1) 1

What would be funny is if GB used some of that capital to get some WRs after trading Rodgers.

I think the Jets would be pretty dangerous with a QB.  Seems to be the only thing lacking.  They have good line play, good running game, stout defense overall, a lot of young talented guys.  

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

On 1/24/2023 at 3:18 PM, KDIGGZ said:

Let it be true? What are you nuts. This guy won the last 2 MVPs and you want him in our division with a great defense and amazing young WR's??

Yup. The Bills defense needs to face some good QBs on a regular basis instead of the clowns in the AFCE. Maybe that way they won’t look like deer in headlights when Mahomes or Burrow come to town. Plus he’d be a heck of a lot more fun to watch twice a year than Mike White.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

This would make them the likely AFC East champs/SB contender.  George Wilson is an amazing WR, Breece Hall is a freak RB, and that D is stout.  Keep Rodgers away

1 hour ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Some people think we are still some Juggernaut, they are quick to forget Zack Wilson beat us once this year, Tua beat us once, then Miami almost beat us a 2nd and 3rd time with a rookie 3rd string QB.  Not to mention that last Ne game wasn't exactly a blowout either, we had 2 kick returns for tds. I think the chicken will come home to roost next year and people that still can't see it will be asking what happened?

then they will pop out the salary cap excuse and continunity to keep the FO and coaches around again. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

On 1/24/2023 at 3:20 PM, Lost said:

Sorry but the 

Sorry but the Bills are in a worse position to make a SB run next year and I like the idea of our divisional foe trading away future draft capital on a guy who's at the tail end of his career.   Also it doesn't matter who our opposing QB is, we've made Mike White and Skyler Thompson look like all pros this season

The defense gave up 10 points to White. In a victory. 
Skyler went 18/45 for 220 yds 1 td and 2 picks. Yep, in a victory. 
Those are not all pro performances.

What’s going on here!?! People losing their damn minds. 

Today on the WFAN the hosts are all hopped up over reports the Jets are rumored to be ready to go all in to get Rodgers.  They love the idea & are even giving Joe Douglas credit for leaking it to the press in order to let Rodgers & the other teams that might be interested in trading for Rodgers that the Jets are willing to be a high bidder. 

I think this is lunacy.  I can't believe the Jets are willing to give up high draft choices to acquire a 39 year old QB coming off his worst season who has a huge contract & who could play 1 season & be done.  We've seen the Jets do something similar before: They traded for Brett Favre, didn't get the desired results & traded him to Minnesota a year later.  Maybe history will repeat itself & Rodgers will be a Jet this year & a Viking in 2024.  Or he'll just suck in NJ & retire.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Derek Carr would be a younger-better option and likely not cost two (2) number ones..if any at all...

per spotrac:

The Raiders made the decision to remove Derek Carr from their 2023 roster about a month ago. Now the only remaining question is, will it be via trade or outright release? Carr signed a 3 year, $121.5M extension this past April, but there was a clear and defined out after 2023. That out occurs on February 15th, when his $32.9M salary for 2023 & $7.5M of his 2024 salary become fully guaranteed (both were guaranteed for injury at signing, hence the benching).

So the Raiders have a month to find a trade partner for Carr, who, with a full no trade clause, will be fully involved in that process. It’s risky business for Las Vegas, because any trade agreed to now can’t be officially processed until March 15th - so it’s conceivable that a team backs out at the last minute, leaving the Raiders with $40.4M of guarantees with a QB they no longer want.

Should this trade happen, Carr will leave behind just $5.625M of dead cap to Las Vegas, bringing a 3 year, $116.3M contract with him to a new team.

If no trade transpires, Carr will be released prior to February 15th, leaving behind that same $5.625M dead cap hit to LV. He’ll be free to sign with a new team immediately, an advantage over the likes of Jimmy Garoppolo, Geno Smith, Daniel Jones, etc…

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

We've seen the Jets do something similar before: They traded for Brett Favre, didn't get the desired results & traded him to Minnesota a year later.

They didn't even trade him to Minnesota. He retired and asked them to release him so he could officially retire as a Packer. They did, and soon after, he un-retired (again) and signed with the Vikes.

On 1/24/2023 at 3:20 PM, Lost said:

Sorry but the 

Sorry but the Bills are in a worse position to make a SB run next year and I like the idea of our divisional foe trading away future draft capital on a guy who's at the tail end of his career.   Also it doesn't matter who our opposing QB is, we've made Mike White and Skyler Thompson look like all pros this season

Yea our team has several holes that need fixing and not sure this staff gets it done.  They started off well and hit on QB.  It's as if a slum resident won the lottery buys a beautiful house and let's it fill up with trash and they live in same conditions as in slum just spent more.  So while we are fixing our team let the Jets waste their time on a old guy.  

6 hours ago, H2o said:

I actually think the Raiders might be a preferred spot for A-Rod. Reuniting with Devante and no state tax on his $$$. 

Plus closer to his home state.  Being as it is ARod though and his alienation from family not sure that matters to him.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Today on the WFAN the hosts are all hopped up over reports the Jets are rumored to be ready to go all in to get Rodgers.  They love the idea & are even giving Joe Douglas credit for leaking it to the press in order to let Rodgers & the other teams that might be interested in trading for Rodgers that the Jets are willing to be a high bidder. 

I think this is lunacy.  I can't believe the Jets are willing to give up high draft choices to acquire a 39 year old QB coming off his worst season who has a huge contract & who could play 1 season & be done.  We've seen the Jets do something similar before: They traded for Brett Favre, didn't get the desired results & traded him to Minnesota a year later.  Maybe history will repeat itself & Rodgers will be a Jet this year & a Viking in 2024.  Or he'll just suck in NJ & retire.  

Because the jets probably feel, and rightfully so, that they are a qb away. That is a seriously young talented roster that nearly made the playoffs. Aaron rodgers going to the jets is a big problem if he returns to mvp form or close to it. I’m sorry a lot of you guys can’t see that. If we were still searching for a qb and had that roster we would be begging to make that trade

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.