Aaron Rodgers to the Jets for 2 first round picks?

Lost

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Because the jets probably feel, and rightfully so, that they are a qb away. That is a seriously young talented roster that nearly made the playoffs. Aaron rodgers going to the jets is a big problem if he returns to mvp form or close to it. I’m sorry a lot of you guys can’t see that. If we were still searching for a qb and had that roster we would be begging to make that trade

I remember when the Bills had a roster like that...

2013-2014.

The best we ended up doing was Kyle Orton.

And like the Jets, we nearly made the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/24/2023 at 12:16 PM, Lost said:

Please let it be true 😂🤣

Don’t want to piss in your cheerios but if he comes to the jets with that defense and running game they have you can kiss the division goodbye. They might even be SB favorites.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Don’t want to piss in your cheerios but if he comes to the jets with that defense and running game they have you can kiss the division goodbye. They might even be SB favorites.

I've already acknowledged that.  Short term gain for them long term gain for us.   Bills aren't winning a Superbowl next year with how many holes we have going into next season and a deficient coaching staff.   Let the Jets sign Rodgers and trade away all their picks and make a super bowl run next year so he can retire and leave them back to being QB-less in 2024-2025.   Meanwhile maybe we can catch back up to the Jets in draft capital because they've been killing it last few years with their picks.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Because the jets probably feel, and rightfully so, that they are a qb away. That is a seriously young talented roster that nearly made the playoffs. Aaron rodgers going to the jets is a big problem if he returns to mvp form or close to it. I’m sorry a lot of you guys can’t see that. If we were still searching for a qb and had that roster we would be begging to make that trade

If, when we needed a QB, we traded a 1st rounder for a 39 year old QB, coming off a bad season with Rodgers off field personality, most of us would have been against it.  Especially if we had team history of a similar trade years ago that had bad results (Brett Favre's 1 year as a Jet)

Most likely scenario: Jets trade high pick (1 or 2) for Rodgers, he plays one year, 1st round exit in the playoffs, retires.  

• Agree 2

On 1/24/2023 at 2:21 PM, KDIGGZ said:

They said Tom Brady was at the tail end of his career at that age. 7 years later he's still playing at a top 10 QB level

By the same logic we should horde 6th round draft picks because that is were Brady was selected.

One off examples to prove a point as, in a word, totally pointless.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If, when we needed a QB, we traded a 1st rounder for a 39 year old QB, coming off a bad season with Rodgers off field personality, most of us would have been against it.  Especially if we had team history of a similar trade years ago that had bad results (Brett Favre's 1 year as a Jet)

Most likely scenario: Jets trade high pick (1 or 2) for Rodgers, he plays one year, 1st round exit in the playoffs, retires.  

I see little reason to believe that if Rogers goes to the Jets they make the playoffs next season.  Are the Jet's WR's really that much better then Green Bay's?  The Jet's O line isn't as good as GB's and for all the talk of the Jets having a great running game the Packers have a better pair of RB's.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

By the same logic we should horde 6th round draft picks because that is were Brady was selected.

One of examples to prove a point as, in a word, totally pointless.

That's not a good example. Aaron Rodgers is the reigning 2 time MVP. I'm simply stating the fact that QB's can play longer now. It's a rush to judgement to say he can't play anymore after 1 bad year with terrible WR's 

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

That's not a good example. Aaron Rodgers is the reigning 2 time MVP. I'm simply stating the fact that QB's can play longer now. It's a rush to judgement to say he can't play anymore after 1 bad year with terrible WR's 

I think the belief is more along the lines that while Rogers can still play and put up okay numbers he is no longer elite and isn't lifting a team into the playoffs based on his play.  The Jets would be much better off keeping their draft picks and trying to sign Carr or Jimmy G.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

According to Colin we are declining.

Colin Cowherd: “My guess is that Aaron is not going to retire for two reasons… He can make another $100 million, and Tom Brady retired. Do you really want to share the podium in Canton with Tom Brady?? Aaron Rodgers to the Jets gets a lot of talk but Aaron is smart enough… That’s a wobbly ownership, you’ve got a coach who has got to win or he’s fired, it’s a bunch of young kids, bad o-line...but Aaron to the Raiders? It’s West Coast, Davante Adams, great weapons, offensive head coach with a ring, and I think privately Green Bay looks at the Raiders and thinks ‘We’re sending him to the AFC.’ Whereas the Bills feel like they’re declining, the Patriots don’t have weapons, who knows about Tua’s health – you could see Aaron Rodgers winning that division if he went to the Jets.“

3 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

Nope

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

According to Colin we are declining.

Colin Cowherd: “My guess is that Aaron is not going to retire for two reasons… He can make another $100 million, and Tom Brady retired. Do you really want to share the podium in Canton with Tom Brady?? Aaron Rodgers to the Jets gets a lot of talk but Aaron is smart enough… That’s a wobbly ownership, you’ve got a coach who has got to win or he’s fired, it’s a bunch of young kids, bad o-line...but Aaron to the Raiders? It’s West Coast, Davante Adams, great weapons, offensive head coach with a ring, and I think privately Green Bay looks at the Raiders and thinks ‘We’re sending him to the AFC.’ Whereas the Bills feel like they’re declining, the Patriots don’t have weapons, who knows about Tua’s health – you could see Aaron Rodgers winning that division if he went to the Jets.“

I mean serious why should we give a ***** what Colin thinks he was late on the bandwagon for Josh Allen as it is

On 1/24/2023 at 3:18 PM, KDIGGZ said:

Let it be true? What are you nuts. This guy won the last 2 MVPs and you want him in our division with a great defense and amazing young WR's??

Brady isn't out of this thing either.  They were talking about his situation this morning on the radio with Howard Simon.  The conclusion was (for what it's worth) that his agent is likely seeking out San Fran (home town team) and Miami (where his family lives now) and asking "Do you want Tom?"  If the answer is "NO" at both places, he quietly remains retired and that's that.

If either says "yes" that's where he goes.  

Brady in Miami and Rodgers in NJ are enough to make me question if we win the division next year.

Let's hope NONE OF THIS HAPPENS.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Nope

I mean serious why should we give a ***** what Colin thinks he was late on the bandwagon for Josh Allen as it is

We shouldn't and don't. A 13-3 team in decline LOL. The Bills have things to improve on but to say they are declining is a bit over the top.

On 1/24/2023 at 3:22 PM, uticaclub said:

Jets win the division with a QB

Quite possible!  And the same fans who are mocking and laughing at your response NOW are the ones who said we beat the Bengals by double digits in our recent playoff game.  I.E., clueless.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

No, it is an excellent example.  Just because brady played well till he was 45 and no ay means a rodgers will.  Can he, yes he can.  Will he, doubt it, father time beats everybody. and headed to the scrutiny of the NY media if he goes to the Jets.  GB press is one thing, Rodgers with his arrogant quirky style is something the NYC media will salivate over if he doesn't play well.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Quite possible!  And the same fans who are mocking and laughing at your response NOW are the ones who said we beat the Bengals by double digits in our recent playoff game.  I.E., clueless.

Every year, the Jets or the next biggest thing and every year they are picking high in the draft. When will you people learn

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I never said we would beat the Bengals by double digits, your statement is factually inaccurate.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Every year, the Jets or the next biggest thing and every year they are picking high in the draft. When will you people learn

I do think the Jets have a lot of talent on the roster now. JD hit a grand slam with the draft last year. Wilson, Hall, Sauce. Their D isn't elite level, but it is good. They have playmakers on offense both at RB and WR. Their OL needs to be improved and the biggest issue is QB. That is a very big issue obviously but if they can get one in FA then they will be trouble for the rest of the AFCE.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.