Bills will not make it to the playoffs in 2023?

Cygnus99

2 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

I don't see the Bills making it to the playoffs next season. Could it be a rebuilding season ? I see 8 wins at most . Any thoughts ? 

Based off of what evidence do you see only 8 wins for the Bills? I see 12-14 wins next year for them UNLESS you lose Allen then we’ll I can see 8 or fewer wins.. 

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

That's the problem. We will make it. We will get 11-12 wins. We don't have to win a playoff game. We won't fire McDermott because we keep getting so close. But McChump will never get us over the hump to win.  Mark my words. 

The team doesn't like his schtick and knows he's full of ***** with "the process."

We will be the new green bay without the 1 ring. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't see the Bills making it to the playoffs next season. Could it be a rebuilding season ? I see 8 wins at most . Any thoughts ? 

I see them making it but maybe Miami or the Jets win the division and Buffalo gets the 6 or 7 seed.  The national media will be off the Bills bandwagon, and without the pressure of being Super Bowl favorites, the Bills will finally make their run and surprise people.  

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I see them making it but maybe Miami or the Jets win the division and Buffalo gets the 6 or 7 seed.  The national media will be off the Bills bandwagon, and without the pressure of being Super Bowl favorites, the Bills will finally make their run and surprise people.  

I agree that the Bills will no longer be the media darling in 2023 and that will take some pressure off them. However that schedule is a bear. I can see them winning at most 11 games and more likely 9-10 and barely squeaking into the playoffs. I think they go 4-2 or 3-3 in the divison. They'll beat the broncos, raiders, and Bucs at home and take 2 of 3 from Jax, Giants and Cowboys. They'll lose to the Chiefs, Eagles and Bengals on the road and win one of two from the remaining Commanders/Chargers games.  Of course that is why they play the games but as fans we'll know early on after the first four - five games what type of season we are in for.

As a bonus the Sabres will go on an 8 game win streak to start the season. 

I know it feels that way right now and I hear you. Crap way to end a season we were all really emotionally invested in. Feels even worse than 13 seconds because when that ended , it seemed it was just Kc and us the next year battling for the Super Bowl.  Now we have irrefutable proof cincy has leaped ahead of us , KC is still ahead of us , and teams with less experienced coaching staffs like Miami made huge , quick progress.  It’s looking very evident Mcd and Beane have made some bad choices team building and honestly , this team doesn’t look on the same level as those who are actually getting repetitive chances at a superbowl. 

If this doesn’t prove you can’t be so narrow focused with the d line being your main area of attention , never really getting quality o lineman and requiring an OC to actually develop a legitimate running attack alongside your passing game, I don’t know if it’s fair to expect different results from this staff. I have never seen a successful team refuse to run the ball like this team does , giving less than ten carries to any backs and putting them behind lines where they are hit in the backfield.  In contrast , Cincys rbs got 3 yards in Sunday’s game BEFORE CONTACT , the most at any point in the year.  

But it’s a long offseason.  They might be smart and finally get some creative coordinators to support Sean and Allen, and who knows , they might get some proven wr talent to augment Diggs.   It could happen!  If they actually build around their superstar , they might keep moving forward.  So, I’m wiling to see what they do. I will say tho, personally, if they don’t make some commitment to change, I can’t trust them to invest myself the same emotionally or financially.  it’s the old saying , doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of a blindly loyal Bills fan , and been there , done that !  But it’s way to early to predict which way things will go. 

Put your house on it in Vegas. You’ll win a fortune. The odds will be enormous. However you wouldn’t be cause those types of shock value statements are just for message boards,right.

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

They do have a tough schedule!!!!

On top of potentially losing some veterans.

Like I said after the game, I don’t believe the AFCE is guaranteed. I do see at minimum a wildcard. But some fans here act like this team is a Super Bowl championship team and these coaches are on point.

They aren’t.  We have a Super Bowl caliber QB and WR. Outside that we have some fixing and things that need changed.

Im also one of the guys that doesn’t think Dorsey or Frazier can lead their sides of the ball to a Super Bowl. They are both middle of the pack coordinators.

We finished 13-3 with what everyone was saying at the beginning of the year was a tough schedule. I wish people would stop talking about how tough a schedule is 6 month before a season. We play the NFC East and the AFC West……outside of Philly(whole dline are UFA) and of course KC there are no juggernauts. We’re likely headed for another 10+ win season.

It’s very easy to believe the core of this team has peaked last season.

key points:

1) Allen improvement has plateaued. He talks the talk but his obsession with football doesn’t seem as pure as it used to. He’s still great, But unless there is a fundamental change in the offense that unlocks his game in a different way, he is who he is.

2) Dorsey is over his head, several solid football IQ media members see it. It’s not just in game play calling, it’s the offense. 

3) the o line is bad. This is with a big LT contract, an aging small high dollar center, a number of street FAs and disappointing young talent 

4) the high dollar part of D line is average and the firsts and seconds spent there produced middling players thus far. Only GR realistically has a hopefully higher ceiling. Performance doesn’t match the assets tied up in this rotational scheme.  

5) the safety tandem is over.  Maybe Hyde returns to form and maybe they find youth that replaces Poyer

6) Two first round cornerbacks on the roster and Dane Jackson is a starter. Need a stroke of luck here where Tre is back to his third year form and Elam plays up to his pick… (more hope, nothing to base it on)

7) offensive weapons- Diggs… that’s it (maybe cook becomes more than committee situational back?) Devin likely gone and is second most productive skill player needs to be replaced, that means 2nd or 3rd on a RB AGAIN 

8.. Gabe Knox are who they are. Good compliments, also peaked as players and  not excellent 

9) jets and Dolphins were tough outs and will likely be better next season

All in all a .500 type performance is a definite possibility especially if Sean and Beane think they are a few minor adjustments from being ready for next season. 

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

They do have a tough schedule!!!!

On top of potentially losing some veterans.

Like I said after the game, I don’t believe the AFCE is guaranteed. I do see at minimum a wildcard. But some fans here act like this team is a Super Bowl championship team and these coaches are on point.

They aren’t.  We have a Super Bowl caliber QB and WR. Outside that we have some fixing and things that need changed.

Im also one of the guys that doesn’t think Dorsey or Frazier can lead their sides of the ball to a Super Bowl. They are both middle of the pack coordinators.

Dorsey is bottom third in terms of quality of OCs in the league. He just happens to have an elite QB who can make the offense appear better than it is. 

Outside of the first four games this season, our offense has not looked like it had any rhythm or was able to set up plays later on in the game. Dorsey is simply in over his head and I’d hate to waste another year of Josh’s prime waiting for Dorsey to get better 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s very easy to believe the core of this team has peaked last season.

key points:

1) Allen improvement has plateaued. He talks the talk but his obsession with football doesn’t seem as pure as it used to. He’s still great, But unless there is a fundamental change in the offense that unlocks his game in a different way, he is who he is.

2) Dorsey is over his head, several solid football IQ media members see it. It’s not just in game play calling, it’s the offense. 

3) the o line is bad. This is with a big LT contract, an aging small high dollar center, a number of street FAs and disappointing young talent 

4) the high dollar part of D line is average and the firsts and seconds spent there produced middling players thus far. Only GR realistically has a hopefully higher ceiling. Performance doesn’t match the assets tied up in this rotational scheme.  

5) the safety tandem is over.  Maybe Hyde returns to form and maybe they find youth that replaces Poyer

6) Two first round cornerbacks on the roster and Dane Jackson is a starter. Need a stroke of luck here where Tre is back to his third year form and Elam plays up to his pick… (more hope, nothing to base it on)

7) offensive weapons- Diggs… that’s it (maybe cook becomes more than committee situational back?) Devin likely gone and is second most productive skill player needs to be replaced, that means 2nd or 3rd on a RB AGAIN 

8.. Gabe Knox are who they are. Good compliments, also peaked as players and  not excellent 

9) jets and Dolphins were tough outs and will likely be better next season

All in all a .500 type performance is a definite possibility especially if Sean and Beane think they are a few minor adjustments from being ready for next season. 

Can't argue too much with this really. My main concern is it seems other division teams are improving and can we keep pace. Start with upgrading our O line and a legit #2 wide receiver. Get back to taking what the defense gives you and not depending on 40+ yard plays. We did that early and got away from it. Is this a great coaching staff? Maybe not but on field talent is the big problem. Looking at you Mr.  Beane.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.