Eli Apple - jackass of the year

QB Bills

#1. The tickets thing was simply to get the players fired up.  The Joe Mixons of the team didnt understand and probably still dont, as we were selling Jaguar tickets as well.  Joe simply made a joke with the "refunds" comment - those upset with this are waaaay too fragile.

#2.  You guys are seriously going to crucify our entire team, coaches and fans because of Eli Apple?  Half of our fans don't like the guy.  There is a thread on our main board about this:   Apple Needs to STFU (Pages: 1 2 3 4 )

The players had to tell Eli to stop tweeting during the playoffs last season.  Judging everyone associated with the team because of Eli Apple is a bit shortsighted.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, QB Bills said:

He's on a twitter roll right now calling out Diggs and Allen and even took a shot at the Damar Hamlin situation. I legit hate this guy and that team more than any other team right now. With this clown and Burrow's arrogance, I say the hell with all the goodwill from the past. I hope (gulp) KC crushes them. Don't see that happening though, unfortunately.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EliApple/with_replies

Who is he and why does anyone care?  

3 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

The heart/3 was in support of their teammate who almost died on the field in front of them. He is mocking that. You obviously don't think there's anything wrong with that, but some fans do and it's getting discussed here. On a Buffalo Bills message board. Crazy, I know.

Filling diapers? Nobody is talking about going to his house and peeing on his lawn. Why is this so difficult for you?

yes, we all understand that.  He was not mocking Hamlin himself, as many here are bizarrely claiming.

It was a childish jab Apple put on twitter for one reason only --to rile up guys like you who would jump all over it even though it is in no way directed at them.  Your response (this thread AND it's opening post) was over the top.  A player posted a tasteless tweet?!  Sacre bleu!! One simply does not mock the Bills loving (now marketing) gestures on behalf of their fallen comrade!

Dragging this poor guy (who is still recovering and apparently requiring continuous supplemental oxygen) into the stadium suite so the networks and the jumbotron could pan to him before the game and after each big play could also be viewed as a crass and exploitative maneuver on the Bills and the NFL.  They were "hell"bent on milking all of the goodwill/PR this story would provide for as long as they could.  It was a huge story for the NFL for almost 2 weeks---they were going to put him on display up there if they had to carry him up. 

But that's cool....

9 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Willful ignorance on your part.  He absolutely was.  

keep reading

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

You got Bills fans in another thread still insisting that the outrage by the Bengals was real.😂 Even after I linked Ticketmaster's page where they were selling the tickets for a potential AFCCG in Cincinnati Ohio. Even then Bills fans think the outrage was valid. It's fake outrage, I'm sure Joe Burrow was told, if he didn't know already. And how about the media asking their players about it. Like the media doesn't even know this?

It's like the Bengals have suddenly joined the "woke" movement.😂 Going to be real easy to get sick and tired of their crap real fast. Grow up and quit acting like everything is offending you. 

I expect a good percentage of Bills fans to be "challenged" if you will 😂. I did NOT expect that Joe Burrow was possibly this ignorant, unless he is just playing along or something.

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes, we all understand that.  He was not mocking Hamlin himself, as many here are bizarrely claiming.

It was a childish jab Apple put on twitter for one reason only --to rile up guys like you who would jump all over it even though it is in no way directed at them.  Your response (this thread AND it's opening post) was over the top.  A player posted a tasteless tweet?!  Sacre bleu!! One simply does not mock the Bills loving (now marketing) gestures on behalf of their fallen comrade!

Dragging this poor guy (who is still recovering and apparently requiring continuous supplemental oxygen) into the stadium suite so the networks and the jumbotron could pan to him before the game and after each big play could also be viewed as a crass and exploitative maneuver on the Bills and the NFL.  They were "hell"bent on milking all of the goodwill/PR this story would provide for as long as they could.  It was a huge story for the NFL for almost 2 weeks---they were going to put him on display up there if they had to carry him up. 

But that's cool....

keep reading

There are yogis in India that would be jealous of the amount of stretching you're doing here. You should change your screen name to Dhalsim.

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

There are yogis in India that would be jealous of the amount of stretching you're doing here. You should change your screen name to Dhalsim.

given the chronic power outages in India, they would do well to harness your vicarious rage-by-proxy (over a tweet) as it burns brighter and hotter than a thousand suns!

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

given the chronic power outages in India, they would do well to harness your vicarious rage-by-proxy (over a tweet) as it burns brighter and hotter than a thousand suns!

Was a pretty tame post actually. Not sure if you're overly sensitive or just deflecting because of how much of a buffoon you've come across as in this thread. In either case, this 'contrarion without a cause' personality you've crafted on this board really has run it's course. Think about trying something else.

What a stupid fartmouth. I genuinely hope he steps on precisely 64 Legos of varying colors, shapes, and sizes. 64. No more no less. 

I really didn't care for most of that Bengals team whining for the last two weeks about the NFLs handling of the Hamlin situation. It's like, a dude friggin' died on your field, what're we all supposed to do? Hand you a win? It was their coach who agreed not to continue. 

I hope KC slaps the snot out of them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Was a pretty tame post actually. Not sure if you're overly sensitive or just deflecting because of how much of a buffoon you've come across as in this thread. In either case, this 'contrarion without a cause' personality you've crafted on this board really has run its course. Think about trying something else.

Im a contrarian to BS like this whining, yes. You got me!

It was a tweet. It disturbed you immensely.  I’m not the one opening up my veins over this kid’s online nonsense.  

Think about something else.  Is there no significant injustice to point your hate toward?  Something worthy of it?  

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Who is he and why does anyone care?  

Thank you, I truly pray for the day when bills fans realize when the are being trolled on purpose. 

If you want to be trending on social media in the nfl do you say something nice about someone? No you go after the most fiery fan bases in the nfl and insult them, and you EXPLODE on social media. Who's trending on Twitter? Apple. Why? Because BILLS FANS get mad and tweet back and retweet and tag him. He's trolling and bills fans are making him more famous.

Do people really think nick Wright hates the bills? Hell no, he probably never really cared about the Bills, but he made one comment about josh allen and he was trending on Twitter for days because of upset bills fans. Insulting josh Allen and pissing off bills mafia was the best move of his career. Now he literally makes more money and gets his own stupid segments from his network every time the bills lose. All because bills fans fall for it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Thank you, I truly pray for the day when bills fans realize when the are being trolled on purpose. 

If you want to be trending on social media in the nfl do you say something nice about someone? No you go after the most fiery fan bases in the nfl and insult them, and you EXPLODE on social media. Who's trending on Twitter? Apple. Why? Because BILLS FANS get mad and tweet back and retweet and tag him. He's trolling and bills fans are making him more famous.

Do people really think nick Wright hates the bills? Hell no, he probably never really cared about the Bills, but he made one comment about josh allen and he was trending on Twitter for days because of upset bills fans. Insulting josh Allen and pissing off bills mafia was the best move of his career. Now he literally makes more money and gets his own stupid segments from his network every time the bills lose. All because bills fans fall for it.

Yuuuupppp.   It’s all about the clicks and we fall for it every time 

In more than one thread, posters have commented on the Bills being "emotionally exhausted" over the Hamlin injury in particular.  But how could they not be?  Before they knew he was OK, everyone sweated it out, appropriately so---it had to eat at them.  But once he was extubated and communicative, it was a huge relief. However, the joy at his apparent miraculous recovery became a packaged thing, with signs and millions of twitter and other social media posts.  There was even gear/merchandise for sale.  From before the Miami game until kickoff Sunday, these guys were bombarded with Hamlin  questions, talking points etc.  I get why that is; the NFL was going to milk this human interest story for every drop of sweet sugar--they don't get many "very good stories" to pump up.

But there's no other way to describe it other than as a media circus.  The Bills players were surrounded by it, bathed in it continuously.  And it is very clear that McD could not get them back on point.  They gave no indication Sunday that they were in any way prepared to play the Bengals.  

Sure, Apple is a bum who's feeling himself after an unexpectedly easy game for Cincy.  But is he wrong for suggesting that the all of the focus on the events of the past 2 weeks is at least partially responsible for the Bills heading to "Cancun" instead of Atlanta......or is he wrong for pointing it out in the way that he did?

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sure, Apple is a bum who's feeling himself after an unexpectedly easy game for Cincy.  But is he wrong for suggesting that the all of the focus on the events of the past 2 weeks is at least partially responsible for the Bills heading to "Cancun" instead of Atlanta......or is he wrong for pointing it out in the way that he did?

IMO, the way he pointed it out was classless.  I'm not easily offended - and if you or anyone else isn't offended by that one tweet, I'm OK with that, we all have our boundaries. But for me, he stepped over a line.  

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, QB Bills said:

He's on a twitter roll right now calling out Diggs and Allen and even took a shot at the Damar Hamlin situation. I legit hate this guy and that team more than any other team right now. With this clown and Burrow's arrogance, I say the hell with all the goodwill from the past. I hope (gulp) KC crushes them. Don't see that happening though, unfortunately.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EliApple/with_replies

oh yeah.  saw that coming...

4 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

I expect a good percentage of Bills fans to be "challenged" if you will 😂. I did NOT expect that Joe Burrow was possibly this ignorant, unless he is just playing along or something.

Zac Taylor also made a comment regarding the ticket situation, which I found incredibly ridiculous from a coach. The motivation part doesn’t bother me. I can take a good joke, but when using something for motivation there needs be some truth to the slight. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.