Coaching Malpractice - Frazier Needs to be fired - the play that illustrates it

Long Suffering Fan

55 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No that’s what Miami did on 3rd and 15. I definitely wouldn’t do a zero on 3rd and 15.

I'm not a fan on zero blitz on 3rd and short. 5 yards is short for today's NFL offenses.  Rather see it on 3rd and 7-10. Just too easy to get 5 yards. And one missed tackle and they are guaranteed to get the first. Miss tackle on 3rd and 8 and you still have a shot at pursuit getting there. 

41 minutes ago, 0017 said:

It’s such a bummer, he was one of my favorite players on this team, I know I’m not alone. Hope he gets his game back. 

You are not alone. I love the guy.  

The team will have to go through multiple surgeries thos offseason but he is one of the organs that should be untouched and allowed to heal fully

Edited by Fan in Chicago

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

So you want Tre White trying to press Jamar Chase?  That seems like a good idea to you?

Deep ball still has lower percentage of being completed versus throw few yards away. Tre made play on ball just last week against Dolphins on deep ball that he was able recover and knock it out of the player’s hand.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billieve420 said:

Deep ball still has lower percentage of being completed versus throw few yards away. Tre made play on ball just last week against Dolphins on deep ball that he was able recover and knock it out of the player’s hand.

That’s great and all, but sometimes one guy is just better than the other guy.  Chase is a far superior player to White at this point in White’s career.  White had a chance to tackle him short of the first down.  Frazier put him in the position to make a winning play.  Chase trucked him.  Not much you can do about that as a DC.  Cincy’s best offensive players (Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, etc.) are simply better than Buffalo’s best defensive players.  Milano is a good player, but when he’s easily the best guy on your defense, you aren’t stopping a team like the Bengals.  That’s not a coaching deficiency.  It’s a talent (and health) imbalance.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Normally i’d agree, but in this particular situation, the OP’s photo really does tell the truth.

The Bills lined up 10 yards off the ball and never moved. Even after the snap. Tre only moved after the ball was caught.

So incredibly easy to beat.

Here is a photo after the snap.

3-F17-C7-BB-8-AF6-4-BEC-A7-F4-B45093-CD9

It’s almost like they tried to lose. There’s really no explanation for any of this. 

1 hour ago, Billl said:

So you want Tre White trying to press Jamar Chase?  That seems like a good idea to you?

In that zero blitz situation he has to play press or at least play up because the line to gain was too far away for tre to make a play on a slant that easily picks up the first like he did. Did the outcome seem like playing that far back was a good idea to you? 

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Thanks for the better pic.

I still have a hard time trusting still shots of fluid situations.

Personally, I prefer to see sticky man if you're going to send both 'backers into the A gaps.

This play killed me live. I wanted to throw something at the TV. I could believe they played this far off on such a crucial 3rd down. It was infuriating in the moment. And even worse looking at it now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Fraziers/ McDermott's philosophy has been an issue.

They design the defense around limiting big plays..we blitz far less than other teams..this worked fairly effectively when the entire defense was relatively healthy and tre was able to provide upper level coverage along with both safeties playing at an elite level..the scheme obviously needs to be tweaked when we can't even keep teams in front of us anymore . We don't get consistent pressure and barely beat the dolphins with their backup QB tyreek and waddle torched us in every matchup 

2 hours ago, bills11 said:

Fraziers/ McDermott's philosophy has been an issue.

They design the defense around limiting big plays..we blitz far less than other teams..this worked fairly effectively when the entire defense was relatively healthy and tre was able to provide upper level coverage along with both safeties playing at an elite level..the scheme obviously needs to be tweaked when we can't even keep teams in front of us anymore . We don't get consistent pressure and barely beat the dolphins with their backup QB tyreek and waddle torched us in every matchup 

McDermott comes from Jim Johnson 4-3 attacking type system. I still believe it is more about the play caller versus system itself. McDermott should be on hot seat next year and take on calling plays. I just can’t see anything changing much if things remain status quo. Hopefully someone hires Frazier to be their HC but don’t see that happening.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.