Coaching Malpractice - Frazier Needs to be fired - the play that illustrates it

Long Suffering Fan

Just now, balln said:

Right it just keeps stemming back to the coaches having to much ***** “faith.” McD words not mine. 

you gotta know asking a bum knee tre who’s never been a strong tackler who’s at end of career is NOT going to make an open field tackle against chase / prime talent who is ELITE runner / YaC

Chase is an OJ Simpson-level athlete.  No CB in the league is going to make that tackle, in that much space.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 0017 said:

Then they need to go too!! Bad is bad. 

We’ve been building off coverage DBs until last season when we drafted Elam and Benford. So maybe they knew a shift was coming.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Chase is an OJ Simpson-level athlete.  No CB in the league is going to make that tackle, in that much space.

That’s why the call was bad. They have to know their matchup. Tre White is missing that tackle 10/10 times.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Normally i’d agree, but in this particular situation, the OP’s photo really does tell the truth.

The Bills lined up 10 yards off the ball and never moved. Even after the snap. Tre only moved after the ball was caught.

So incredibly easy to beat.

Here is a photo after the snap.

3-F17-C7-BB-8-AF6-4-BEC-A7-F4-B45093-CD9

Tre is toast too.  It sucks.  Hard to believe that next year he will be THAT much better than this year

38 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That was the play that made me realize; “there really are fans that know more than NFL coaches”.

What blows my mind is that teams usually put out some blue print as to what schemes neutralize particular offenses. I.E San Fran and SD against Miami or Baltimore against Cincy last week. And yet Frazier and McD are so enamored with this predominant Nickel D that they're too arrogantly stubborn to adjust to schemes that actually work. 

It's maddening and should be a fireable offense.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Tre is toast too.  It sucks.  Hard to believe that next year he will be THAT much better than this year

I'm hoping 2 things:

1) Another 6months out from surgery will help

2) A DL that actually stresses QBs (which he never experienced this year) will make him more of the dangerous player he was

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

What blows my mind is that teams usually put out some blue print as to what schemes neutralize particular offenses. I.E San Fran and SD against Miami or Baltimore against Cincy last week. And yet Frazier and McD are so enamored with this predominant Nickel D that they're too arrogantly stubborn to adjust to schemes that actually work. 

It's maddening and should be a fireable offense.

The defense works vs 90% of the league. It’s the top teams where it doesn’t work.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The play encapsulates the bills defense, the fear is if tre plays up and chase puts a move on him and gets behind him it's probably a td. So Frazier and the bills play overly safe and keep it in front. This is why the bills defense has no "juice" it has no killer instinct, has no bully attitude and loses in playoffs to tough teams. The defenses literal identity is bend but don't break, how do you expect the defense to be killers when their job is to play safe?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

So we can play with the Yorkies but not the Rottweilers, right?

You need the pass rush. That’s what Von was supposed to bring. It’s really unfortunate that we lost him. He was basically the only improvement to the defense over multiple.

2 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

The play encapsulates the bills defense, the fear is if tre plays up and chase puts a move on him and gets behind him it's probably a td. So Frazier and the bills play overly safe and keep it in front. This is why the bills defense has no "juice" it has no killer instinct, has no bully attitude and loses in playoffs to tough teams. The defenses literal identity is bend but don't break, how do you expect the defense to be killers when their job is to play safe?

I wouldn’t say overly safe. It was a zero blitz, something we don’t do often. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’ve been building off coverage DBs until last season when we drafted Elam and Benford. So maybe they knew a shift was coming.

That’s why the call was bad. They have to know their matchup. Tre White is missing that tackle 10/10 times.

If your #1 CB has no chance of tackling the other team’s WR, you’ve got a Jimmies and Joes problem rather than an Xs and Os problem.

• Like (+1) 1

It was this moment that I knew deep down we were toast.  I always hope for a comeback but I knew this D was just not going to stop them.  Not with this type of play.  This D has just failed too often.  Its not the right scheme for teams like KC and the Bengals.  Probably wouldnt stop the Chargers either.  Bend but dont break only works on QBs that make mistakes.  Elite QBs dont make a lot of mistakes.

There are too many resources spent on this defense for it to do this poor of a job.  Time to change schemes, coaches, whatever.  What it isnt time for is drafting a safety, line backer, DT, DE whatever thinking we are just one piece away from stopping Mahomes.  Time for offensive resources to allow Josh to keep up the pace with these teams without having to be perfect just to win a football game.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wouldn’t say overly safe. It was a zero blitz, something we don’t do often. 

Almost all defenses would play press or up in that situation because they trust their rush to force a quick throw and your DB to break up the quick pass. Playing back like that is dipping one toe in the water because Frazier is afraid of chase getting behind tre. And on top of it Frazier is zero blitzing with a huge cushion on a qb that's a master at getting the ball out quick to a reciever that has elite yac abilities. It's like giving tyreek hill huge cushion with 13 seconds left.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Frazier can’t be fired because his contract expires after this season. He can, however, not be renewed

Contract ending is then a blessing. McClappy has cover to do it. “Contract ended, we have mutually chosent to go different” blah blah.  

also HC needs to be O oriented today 

Edited by Since1981

4 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Almost all defenses would play press or up in that situation because they trust their rush to force a quick throw and your DB to break up the quick pass. Playing back like that is dipping one toe in the water because Frazier is afraid of chase getting behind tre. And on top of it Frazier is zero blitzing with a huge cushion on a qb that's a master at getting the ball out quick to a reciever that has elite yac abilities. It's like giving tyreek hill huge cushion with 13 seconds left.

So you want Tre White trying to press Jamar Chase?  That seems like a good idea to you?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.