Everybody's Feeling Stung right Now but please.....

jethro_tull

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I knew the Bengals were a tough matchup for our D so I wasn't too upset with losing. A little shocked our O wasn't better. But it is what it is, a good season that got beset by injuries when Von Miller went down I had doubts so didn't get as emotionally invested as did in prior years.

Another words you knew the Bills weren't a Super Bowl caliber team. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He will be gone from Jacksonville about a year before they trade Lawrence to the Colts...

The guy is a proven winner with a Super Bowl ring. 

Took over a failing franchise with minimal talent and a young inexperienced QB. Led his team to a playoff win in his first year there. Yet, he sucks.

Coach McD is clapping his way to his couch. Fraizer and Dorsey get their butts kicked. Maybe you missed the teams game plan vs Cinci. Oh my bad, I missed it too. What was the game plan?

It's time to seriously make some coaching changes. Going into next season with this crew won't get it done. Fraizer needs to go, Dorsey wasn't good. Coach McD has lost my confidence. Multiple failures in the playoffs with poor game planning and execution. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

The guy is a proven winner with a Super Bowl ring. 

Took over a failing franchise with minimal talent and a young inexperienced QB. Led his team to a playoff win in his first year there. Yet, he sucks and coach McD is clapping his way to his couch. Maybe you missed the teams game plan vs Cinci. Oh my bad, I missed it too. What was the game plan? It's time to seriously make some coaching changes. Going into next season with this crew won't get it done. 

I got my pitchfork out!  When do we march?

15 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Realistically, McDermott gets 2 more years.  Depending on how this off-season and draft goes, I may be done with them before the first day of training camp.  

Get Josh the help he needs on OFFENSE or feel the wrath.  

I'm done with Coach McD. The 13 second diasater, multiple playoff failures, and yesterday's debacle is enough for me. My only issue is what coach is out there besides Payton that is very good. Maybe Frank Reich?  

9 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I got my pitchfork out!  When do we march?

Lol. I'm pretty sure Coach McD will still be coaching the Bills next season. Next year could very likely be the year he loses the locker room. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

have some patience.   Did they lay a big fat egg yesterday?  Hail yes.  But-how soon we forget the years between 2000 and 2016 !  

We are emotionally distraught and rightfully so.  But we should try to react with reason and not with emotion.   Reactions based on emotions can start wars!  

Yet many want to spin the coaching bingo bin and see what we wind up with.  NO! 

McDermott deserves to be a tenured coach much like Hamlin, Harbaugh, Carroll (none of which made the playoff BTW).  It is what stable franchises do because it works. He has earned the right to stick with this team with the good and the bad years.  And the chance to right the ship. 

Now as for assistant coaches?  Fire the bums !  

How many sticks of dynamite have to go off in your head to get it--the Bills had their shot.  We had a good five years.  Now, due to age and contract issues, this team has many holes to fill, and unless McD finds the courage to make real changes to his staff, and Beane has to abilty to finally draft what we need, we will be lucky to go 9-8 next year.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Another words you knew the Bills weren't a Super Bowl caliber team. 

Did you really think they were without 2 former All-Pro players(Hyde & Miller) on defense and another 2 former All-Pros nowhere near 100%? That's 4 of them, 4 out of our top 5 defenders either out or on one leg. By the end Poyer was a shell of himself, in what was the worst game I've seen him play as a Bill(Injured, not his fault). Tre was nowhere near where he was before the ACL injury. Take 4 out of the top 5 players on one side of the ball for any team still in the playoffs and see how long they last. We need some coaching changes for sure, but once Von was ruled out for the year and Poyer kept getting injured, I hoped for the best, but I knew we probably weren't going to make it. 

In saying that, I'm not giving Frazier a pass. He shows no ability to adapt to player personnel or the ability to help backups that come in. If you don't have the players to run your scheme effectively, find one they can play in. Adapt!!! Something this team doesn't do. 

They also keep loading their team up to beat a certain team. 1st it was NE, then Brady left and it was the Chiefs. Now the Bengals have entered. Stop loading up your team to beat a certain team. Build YOUR team and make others load up to beat you. KC & the Bengals do it. Build your own identity. We've been loading up on smaller speed guys to deal with KC and got bullied yesterday by the Bengals. 

27 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Did you really think they were without 2 former All-Pro players(Hyde & Miller) on defense and another 2 former All-Pros nowhere near 100%? That's 4 of them, 4 out of our top 5 defenders either out or on one leg. By the end Poyer was a shell of himself, in what was the worst game I've seen him play as a Bill(Injured, not his fault). Tre was nowhere near where he was before the ACL injury. Take 4 out of the top 5 players on one side of the ball for any team still in the playoffs and see how long they last. We need some coaching changes for sure, but once Von was ruled out for the year and Poyer kept getting injured, I hoped for the best, but I knew we probably weren't going to make it. 

In saying that, I'm not giving Frazier a pass. He shows no ability to adapt to player personnel or the ability to help backups that come in. If you don't have the players to run your scheme effectively, find one they can play in. Adapt!!! Something this team doesn't do. 

They also keep loading their team up to beat a certain team. 1st it was NE, then Brady left and it was the Chiefs. Now the Bengals have entered. Stop loading up your team to beat a certain team. Build YOUR team and make others load up to beat you. KC & the Bengals do it. Build your own identity. We've been loading up on smaller speed guys to deal with KC and got bullied yesterday by the Bengals. 

You are saying this after the fact. Most posters here didn't say anything close to what you are saying now. In fact it's was the complete opposite. It was all Bills and how they were going to smash the Bengals. Injuries and coaching meant little to nothing. At least that was 90% of the sentiment. Now people want to play armchair QB now.  Come on...

I posted several concerns about how the Bills defense was unlikely to stop the Bengals offense. I merely got my head chopped off. One complaining about my "bad vibe" despite my valid concerns. No bragging here because I've been more wrong than right. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The 13 second diasater, multiple playoff failures, and yesterday's debacle is enough for me. My only issue is what coach is out there besides Payton that is very good. Maybe Frank Reich?  

I remember a divisional playoff game where Sean Payton's team was ahead with 24 seconds to play and lost. 

If you don't remember, ask Case Keenum and and Diggs.  I'm pretty sure they remember. 

I also remember his team getting beat by a 7-9 team in the divisional round.

And Coach McDermott beat Frank Reich IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Now , I'd love to see Frank as Coach McDermott's OC next year.

Edited by reddogblitz

9 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

have some patience.   Did they lay a big fat egg yesterday?  Hail yes.  But-how soon we forget the years between 2000 and 2016 !  

We are emotionally distraught and rightfully so.  But we should try to react with reason and not with emotion.   Reactions based on emotions can start wars!  

McDermott deserves to be a tenured coach much like Hamlin, Harbaugh, Carroll (none of which made the playoff BTW).  It is what stable franchises do because it works. He has earned the right to stick with this team with the good and the bad years.  And the chance to right the ship. 

No. Patiently wait, for what? These clowns to draft another undersized DT in the top ten or two more rotational DEs or a CB they won't play?

Get outta here 

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It's pretty shocking the number of guys we had and let go and then had to bring back. You listed quite a few and didn't even mention Lawson and Phillips. 

Also didn't mention Moss being sub JAG to bring in Hines without using him.

His KO returns for TDs were flukes, honestly. There were holds all over on the 1. 

14 hours ago, boyst said:

4 straight years of McDermott being out coached, under prepared, fielding a soft team.

We had to bring in Beasley and brown to make up for lack of planning while letting hodgins walk and piss poor scouting at wr. 

We had to bring in Klein to shore up depth due to our draft sucking

We had to trade for Marlowe after injuries because we didn't evaluate talent at safety...

Same for signing Rhodes from the street.

We rotated a handful of PS guys to elevated game status while drafting tons of DL.

Yeah.  This team is ***** fabulous. It starts this year with the coach who clearly can't evaluate talent. 

---edit -----

Since it keeps being pointed out

We also brought in Hines and never utilized him fully. The returns were flukes and there were multiple penalties ignored

We brought back Lawson and Phillips when we should have kept them. While letting Hughes walk.

We brought in OJ Howard for a 2TE system and didn't even use 1 TE fully.

We traded Moss mid season too late. 

All very good points!

No one is feeling stunned imo.  

People are more feeling resigned to the lack of intent to fix what obviously needs to be fixed, ie: Oline, WRs, and an offensive scheme that actually integrates the run game into the overall scheme.

That and the need for Frazier to be given the option to retire, or be fired.             As well, have a better overall defensive scheme, that still works well with a few players out with injury.  
   Just like the Cam Newton lead Panthers, the Bills, in current form have plateaued, and the above mentioned items need to be attended to “before” the inevitable downward trend starts,   that’s what the overall feeling here is.
   Right now we are the Shottenhiemer (sp) lead San Diego Chargers, never quite good enough…, 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I remember a divisional playoff game where Sean Payton's team was ahead with 24 seconds to play and lost. 

If you don't remember, ask Case Keenum and and Diggs.  I'm pretty sure they remember. 

I also remember his team getting beat by a 7-9 team in the divisional round.

And Coach McDermott beat Frank Reich IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Now , I'd love to see Frank as Coach McDermott's OC next year.

That's a fair post. Facts are facts. 

By no means am I saying Coach McD is a poor or bad coach. I'm saying I don't think the guy can led this team to the Super Bowl. It's been 6 years counting and him and his coaching staff have failed pretty miserably in the playoffs. That KC debacle last year was totally unacceptable. A CEO of a company would have been fired on the spot for such negligence. The Cinci game made it clear that Coach McD didn't have his team ready. Did the Bills even have a defensive or offensive game plan? Did they learn anything from the Monday night game? You can make all the excuses you want. However, that falls directly on the head coach! Bills fans in attendance should ask for a refund because the Bills never took he field. To be honest, they were fortunate to win vs the Dolphins. I think it's pretty safe to say if Miami had a healthy Tua they would have likely won the game. 

Fast forward to now and what do the Bills have. A franchise QB and holes pretty much everywhere else. Poor oline and dline, poor weapons on offense, and a defense that looks very good in the regular season. Come playoff time it's a whole different story. Question: When has a Fraizer led Bills defense stopped or contained a quality playoff offense? I haven't seen it. Have you? Coach McD is a what? A defensive guru and a master of the secondary. Right?  Connect the dots...

If you are fine with continual playoff appearances only to get bounced early then coach McD seems to be the guy. Cesar the Bengals fan FWIW stated McD isn't the guy. Strange comment for him to make. His eyes are clearly more unbiased in that regard. I'd say that comment is worth something. Six years of a proven track record. Facts are facts. I'd rather take my shot with an offensive minded coach who has won it all. I have lost confidence in coach McD. 

Just my two cents. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

Patience?  We're six years into "The Process" and five years into Josh Allen's career ... the last three of which, he's been a top 3 QB in the league.

I think McDermott deserves one more season to get to the Super Bowl.

Not get to the playoffs.

Not get to the AFCCG.

Get to the Super Bowl.

Otherwise, his tenure will be no better than the 2000-2016 drought.

"Getting to the playoffs," doesn't make it move for me anymore.  Sh!t or get off the pot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13-3 two out of last three years (11-6 sandwiched between them) 

Afc East champs three years in a row

Five home playoff games in three years

31 teams go home unhappy EVERY YEAR

Will the Bills ever win? Maybe, it's hard

Example - SF loses in super bowl, next year fails to make playoffs, next year loses in heartbreak fashion in NFC championship to team that won it all, this year we will see how they end up

YEAH IT SUCKS WE LOST, BUT COME ON . . . . ENOUGH ALREADY FOR THOSE WITH THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES

The team continues to move in the right direction with this regime

Tweaks will be made

That's how teams improve

I remain grateful and optimistic for the team's future

GO BILLS! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

yea... uh no. Im going to feel when and how I want to feel.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.