Everybody's Feeling Stung right Now but please.....

jethro_tull

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

This team shouldn’t be too reactive and toss out everyone and everything but the game was a sign that there does need to be some significant changes to the roster and schemes. Nothing so dramatic as tearing it all down but something significant has to happen. 

4 bad exits doesn't need "too reactive"?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

4 straight years of McDermott being out coached, under prepared, fielding a soft team.

We had to bring in Beasley and brown to make up for lack of planning while letting hodgins walk and piss poor scouting at wr. 

We had to bring in Klein to shore up depth due to our draft sucking

We had to trade for Marlowe after injuries because we didn't evaluate talent at safety...

Same for signing Rhodes from the street.

We rotated a handful of PS guys to elevated game status while drafting tons of DL.

Yeah.  This team is ***** fabulous. It starts this year with the coach who clearly can't evaluate talent. 

Now now, it'll be better next year.  I promise, pinky swear even.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m not sure if “stung” is the right word. Mentally I feel that we’re at a crossroads. On one hand we have a coach that can consistently get us into the playoffs, but on the other hand he’s probably not good enough to win us a Super Bowl, but once again, he’s still a “good” coach, but I do as a Bills fan fear that we may fall off into the abyss if we hire a lame duck coach in his stead.

Been a fan since 81. Seen the good and bad but never wavered with my loyalty to this team. I still enjoy this team even if it ends on a sour note most years. We have the most physically gifted QB this team and perhaps league has ever seen and I'm gonna ride on the JA17 bus until the wheels fall off. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jethro_tull said:
2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I really get tired of the “drought years” as a reason we shouldn’t be hurting NOW. Its a lame thing to say. 

Jethro did acknowledge the pain and even agreed with it. I don’t think it was lame. Just me. 

have some patience.   Did they lay a big fat egg yesterday?  Hail yes.  But-how soon we forget the years between 2000 and 2016 !  

We are emotionally distraught and rightfully so.  But we should try to react with reason and not with emotion.   Reactions based on emotions can start wars!  

Yet many want to spin the coaching bingo bin and see what we wind up with.  NO! 

McDermott deserves to be a tenured coach much like Hamlin, Harbaugh, Carroll (none of which made the playoff BTW).  It is what stable franchises do because it works. He has earned the right to stick with this team with the good and the bad years.  And the chance to right the ship. 

Now as for assistant coaches?  Fire the bums !  

I remember Dick Jauron  - omg he sucked from day one!  
Much happier with McD

not going and getting an experienced OC was pretty stupid! If you suppose to be a SB contender - why would you hire a rookie coach?

not drafting Mahomes was pretty stupid 

not drafting any help for Josh is asinine 

but here’s we are - Go Bills

57 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Been a fan since 81. Seen the good and bad but never wavered with my loyalty to this team. I still enjoy this team even if it ends on a sour note most years. We have the most physically gifted QB this team and perhaps league has ever seen and I'm gonna ride on the JA17 bus until the wheels fall off. 

Go Bills!

A couple of the wheels have flat tires right now. 

This is worse than the drought anyway because during the drought all we wanted was an opportunity to contend again, a franchise QB, and now we have have those things, been back to the playoff 4 years in a row with that franchise QB and after going all-in and failing this year, and it’s just NEVER enough for one reason or another.

I feel the window closing, and once it does, who knows if we have to wait 10-15 years to be in this position again. 2020 and ESPECIALLY 2021 were better opportunities than this season, so in the back of my mind I did think we would come up short somewhere along the way, but to lose by 17? I did not think that was ever going to be possible in a playoff game in Josh Allen’s career, much like I can’t imagine Mahomes ever bowing out like that, even with a high ankle sprain. But heck, his defense will probably step up for him, keep the game low scoring enough for him to have a shot at the end. 

I’ll admit though, it would actually make me feel better to see KC get their @$$ kicked… but they won’t… cause their coaching staff is far superior, for one thing. 

I think my biggest problem with it is they go 13 and three during the regular season lose three games by a combined eight points tops in the league in both offensive and defensive statistics

And then they go in and they lay a complete egg in the divisional playoffs I mean I love the regular season record, but we have to find a way to get past these games and to the Super Bowl. We have to identify weaknesses and we have to address that we knew that or pass protection, and run blocking has not been good.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, boyst said:

4 straight years of McDermott being out coached, under prepared, fielding a soft team.

We had to bring in Beasley and brown to make up for lack of planning while letting hodgins walk and piss poor scouting at wr. 

We had to trade for Marlowe after injuries because we didn't evaluate talent at safety...

We rotated a handful of PS guys to elevated game status while drafting tons of DL.

Yeah.  This team is ***** fabulous. It starts this year with the coach who clearly can't evaluate talent. 

It's pretty shocking the number of guys we had and let go and then had to bring back. You listed quite a few and didn't even mention Lawson and Phillips. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Did you start following the team recently ?

4 years now….

Have to laugh about asking for patience. Bills have had 4 good shots and come up short each time, with this year being worse than last, and last year more disappointing than the year before. They haven't even made the Conference Championship the last two years. They could easily have blown their window of opportunity. Hopefully Allen keeps them in the picture for several years to come, but asking for patience is a bit much.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Go Bills!

So is Beane and McDermott, until they get fired for bad drafting at least

11 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It's pretty shocking the number of guys we had and let go and then had to bring back. You listed quite a few and didn't even mention Lawson and Phillips. 

Drafting is a real issue at this point

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, boyst said:

Well said!

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

The Bills laid an egg yesterday. Just like they do at least once every year under McDermott. Lack of preparation, lack of schemes, lack of drive. We cannot trust this team because it happens all too often.

Couldn't agree more. Coach McD hasn't gotten this team over the top. I see nothing that gives me hope that he can. Six years and counting and the Bills are still inferior in the trenches on both sides of the ball. 

It took Any Reid and the KC organization about 2 years to solidify their Oline. 

Zach Taylor and the Bengals improved their Oline. They manhandled the Bills with their back ups. 

You won't beat many playoff teams being weak in the trenches. 

Fraizer has to go and the Bills need to get way more creative on offense. I'd trade Dorset for Frank Reich. I'd pay a draft choice for Payton and thank coach McD for his service. Another year of these coaches just seems like it won't get it down. Sometimes change is needed. 

5 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

have some patience.   Did they lay a big fat egg yesterday?  Hail yes.  But-how soon we forget the years between 2000 and 2016 !  

We are emotionally distraught and rightfully so.  But we should try to react with reason and not with emotion.   Reactions based on emotions can start wars!  

Yet many want to spin the coaching bingo bin and see what we wind up with.  NO! 

McDermott deserves to be a tenured coach much like Hamlin, Harbaugh, Carroll (none of which made the playoff BTW).  It is what stable franchises do because it works. He has earned the right to stick with this team with the good and the bad years.  And the chance to right the ship. 

Now as for assistant coaches?  Fire the bums !  

You should save this post. It will likely be useful after next season. Ground hog day...

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.