Why do Beane/McDermott place low value on selecting WR's in the draft?

Jerry Jabber

30 minutes ago, kjack151 said:

We drafted Zay Jones in the second round and he didn't work out.  When I think about it: Jones, Ford, Dawkins, Espinoza were all 2nd round picks.  We don't seem to do well in round 2.  

was Zay a failure vs not a fit given coaching changes?  He has had a de ent career after buffalo instead of being out of football.

i judge drsfted based on player career success irrelevant  of where they played.

Allen makes it so he can miss badly on just about anything on offense and still look like a success. 
Let’s face it Gabe Davis is barely NFL caliber and he’s going to get paid by some team cause of Josh.

Isiah McKenzie is on an nfl team period cause of Josh. Jake Kemarow is somehow still employed cause of Josh. Tommy Sweeney, Reggie Gillam, and Quentin Morris aren’t even NFL players and making an nfl paychecks cause of Josh. 
That’s not even getting into the crap show Josh has blocking for him. 

2 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

I think we are all seeing it now accept the FO and it’s going to bite them in the bummmmmmm

sorry we aren’t winning a championship with Sean mcdermott

This is very similar to Tampa with Dungy. Everyone liked Dungy. Everyone also knew that they had to fire him to get better. They did that and immediately won a SB with a QB named Brad Johnson. 

That’s how bad Dungy’s offense was.

Lots of similarities here.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Governor said:

This is very similar to Tampa with Dungy. Everyone liked Dungy. Everyone also knew that they had to fire him to get better. They did that and immediately won a SB with a QB named Brad Johnson. 

That’s how bad Dungy’s offense was.

Lots of similarities here.

Starting to agree! I know it took Dungy to get fired and to go onto the Colts before he had success. Same can be said about Andy Reid in Philly. Don’t get me wrong, McDermott turned the culture around and made the Bills a winner again, I just worry that McDermott’s inexperience as a HC is costing us championships. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Starting to agree! I know it took Dungy to get fired and to go onto the Colts before he had success. Same can be said about Andy Reid in Philly. Don’t get me wrong, McDermott turned the culture around and made the Bills a winner again, I just worry that McDermott’s inexperience as a HC is costing us championships. 

Right. Dungy found a team that was in the exact opposite situation and it worked out well for him.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, djp14150 said:

was Zay a failure vs not a fit given coaching changes?  He has had a de ent career after buffalo instead of being out of football.

i judge drsfted based on player career success irrelevant  of where they played.

I never called Zay a failure, just that he didn't work out in Buffalo.  It was a bit eye opening to look at some of our 2nd round picks that haven't really emerged.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.