Diggs is Tweeting

Mark92

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

This is probably true. So then if the Bills bring in another WR Diggs will just get more angry because his targets will go down.

But I just went and read the Tweets. He didn't really say anything bad. He's just mad that they lost. He refers to "out level of play," which includes himself. I don't like him leaving either, but he was probably really worked up and felt it better to extract himself from the situation. I've done that before to stop myself from saying things that I would regret later.

That IS a fair point that sometimes, even though undesireable, it's better to leave than it is to stay and do/say things you might regret or that might prove more problematical.

My question would be....If every time I saw cook wide open at the top of the screen or someone running wide open just beyond the line....If Josh would have thrown to them and moved the chains like he should have, would anybody( like Diggs) have a reason to B word?)

Josh should have completed a lot of check downs yesterday.

I don't know if it's him or Dorsey living vicariously through him, at some point he's gotta learn what's important at the time. If you're getting hammered with pressure, dump it off and get a 1st down instead of throwing deep into tight coverage.

Hopefully J Palmer can work on that....and hopefully it doesn't take an injury to teach Josh that.

27 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

No it's a non-factor because you're really grasping at straws trying to interpret it. Leadership falls from the top. Maybe you're looking at the wrong place of infighting. Diggs has repeatedly said throughout the season he's not worried about targets, he just wants to help us win

I do gather that leadership falls from the top, hence my acknowledgement of @GunnerBill's point about the follow-on from Dorsey's early season tantrum.

I'm actually not aware of Diggs "repeatedly saying" (in pressers I assume you mean) that he's not worried about targets, he just wants to help us win.  Josh Allen has said that about him.

Diggs has been caught on tape yelling "I want the ball!  I want the ball!"  Another WR has been quoted saying he was trying to calm Diggs down one game when he was yelling that he needed another TD (this was a game when he already had 3, and 12 receptions), and another time that Diggs was upset that he wasn't getting his targets.  He was recorded on the Dawson Knox "mic'd up" segment saying "Tight Ends, I need y'all to chill, I need my Bag" and afterwards Beasley (who had 1 reception on 1 target) saying "I'm lucky I got my hands on that *****".  Maybe he's joking and he really is delighted to see the TE getting receptions and TD, IDK.

Josh will say one presser that the offense works best when we spread the ball around, and next presser that we need to find more ways to get Diggs the ball.

So at the very least, there seem to be some "mixed messages" out there. 

27 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

But again, he's being held to a much higher standard than anyone else and it is 100% a non-factor in us figuring out a way to advance further into the playoffs and win a Super Bowl. 

I don't think Diggs is being held to a much higher standard than anyone else.  I'm pretty sure that everyone in the locker room is sick to their stomach at the loss, and I don't think it's true (unsure if you said this, but others have) that Diggs is the only one who played hard.  Knox for example, 5 receptions for 65 yds. 

But Diggs is the only one who had a visible tantrum on the sideline and then dipped on the post-game lockerroom and media

19 minutes ago, nosejob said:

My question would be....If every time I saw cook wide open at the top of the screen or someone running wide open just beyond the line....If Josh would have thrown to them and moved the chains like he should have, would anybody( like Diggs) have a reason to B word?)

Josh should have completed a lot of check downs yesterday.

I don't know if it's him or Dorsey living vicariously through him, at some point he's gotta learn what's important at the time. If you're getting hammered with pressure, dump it off and get a 1st down instead of throwing deep into tight coverage.

Hopefully J Palmer can work on that....and hopefully it doesn't take an injury to teach Josh that.

This is something Josh had learned to do last year and earlier this season, and somehow seems to have edited out of his vision again.

I'm not sure if it's him or Dorsey either, but the team needs someone in-house and preferably on the sideline who can reach Josh and get through to him.  Because he can do all the off-season stuff he wants with Palmer, but that doesn't mean it will last through the season on Sunday

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

So is he saying Josh is not up to standard?

Not saying he is, but it's how it could be read. He's not helping himself one bit.

Likely his explanation would be everyone copes differently,  He tends to explode, Allen is Mr Cool.

It's a good excuse to try and explain away his behavior.  Better response would be to say I was frustrated and just lost me cool.

A very telling moment will be next Sept when the players vote for captains.  Don't  think yelling at Allen will hurt his vote, but trying to sneak away after the game and as a captain not wanting to be there for his teammates could hurt his chances.  

3 hours ago, JMM said:

Kind of interesting.  Clearly frustrated.  I don't get the sense it's about Josh either, but I think clearly Dorsey. While I respect the passion I don't approve of the display on the sideline and then after the game. You're a team leader and captain.  Be better.

If you think behavior like this is bad what did you think when Dorsey, a coach, lost his mind at the end of the week 3 game in Miami?

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He is venting.  Thats what humans do.  No big deal.  Guy is a winner and wants to win.

So what the ***** is he doing bitching at Allen? You know, the guy that leaves everything on the field every freaking time the Bills play?

Grow up, Diggs.

2 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

If you think behavior like this is bad what did you think when Dorsey, a coach, lost his mind at the end of the week 3 game in Miami?

Who was Dorsey venting his anger at?

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

What was the Daboll feud with McClappy? 

No. Diggs is doubled all day.  

if Diggs is not double covered all day. Josh might target more. The guy is frustrated at being doubled 20 times and 1 single he hopes to catch the ball. I also suspect he thinks send it into double and he’s winning. 

Well they targeted him 10 times, and he managed 35 yards.  

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

So what the ***** is he doing bitching at Allen? You know, the guy that leaves everything on the field every freaking time the Bills play?

Grow up, Diggs.

Your assumption that he was bitching at Allen may be incorrect.

There are reports that he was telling Allen to quit listening to Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Grow up, Diggs.

Who was Dorsey venting his anger at?

Comparing the two reactions is also just dumb

Dorsey was reacting in the moment...it was spontaneous frustration. What Diggs did leaving early and now tweeting is calculated or at the very least premeditated.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think the additional context to this is that Eli Apple was trash talking him all game. He’s pretty easy to rile up, as we saw in the Packers game. He wanted the ball to rub it in Apple’s face but he never got it. He was worked up from the start of the game. He yelled at Josh on the field for throwing a ball too low on the second drive of the game.

"Yelled at Josh". He legit motioned to throw it higher, so there can be YAC. Allen also motioned to Diggs that he wanted him to go up more on a route, was Allen "yelling" at Diggs when he did that?

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

Your assumption that he was bitching at Allen may be incorrect.

There are reports that he was telling Allen to quit listening to Dorsey.

Either way, that isn’t good. And, quite frankly, I doubt that’s what he was doing. Diggs yelling at him to stop listening to his coach on the sideline? Why not sit next to him and have a talk about things rather than waving his arms like he’s trying to take flight?

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, iccrewman112 said:

The same.  I respect his passion and intensity, but he is a coach and it was inappropriate behavior.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Eli Apple cross the line?

If I’m on the Buffalo Bills … I make sure it’s known amongst the team members that Eli Apple has a hit out on him next time we see him. 

Nah … that can’t stand. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.