Diggs is Tweeting

Mark92

Here's another stretch.

Say that tweet is right about Diggs yelling "Don't listen to him". Say Diggs is telling Josh to ignore Dorsey's play calls. We know Josh respects and likes Diggs, seeing him as a brother, but also gets on with Dorsey and championed him for the job. Diggs saying one thing and Dorsey another is going to create doubt in his mind whereas, to get the best out of him, he needs to be clear and focused. Not potentially having the two people he trusts most in the footballing world telling him conflicting things.

Unless you add to him right now.  

He’s going to be 30 in November.  How many peak years left?  Who is stepping in?  Is it Davis?  That 100% was their plan coming in to 2022.  I love Davis but we cannot go into 2023 assuming he’s a WR 1 if something happens to Diggs.  

This team needs to move heaven and earth to find WRs -hopefully in the draft - or our AJ Brown trade.  

But……you can’t just assume another Diggs type trade can happen again.  Teams are going to be hoarding WRs unless they can’t pay them.  A 1-2 WR punch will be seen as the value of the elite QB.  You absolutely spend 40 million on both - guaranteed the Bengals keep Higgins and Chase. 

So to anyone upset about his rant on the sidelines he knows this fact to.  

We are running out of time with our WR 1.  

1 hour ago, balln said:

Should have just stayed pat and chosen Jefferson at WR. Still on a rookie contract and better than diggs in everyway, now. And younger. Objectively better move / beane didn’t make 

also I’ll never forgive McD for trading out of mahommes pick for tre white and Zay jones 

Captain Hindsight over here. 

A. How were we supposed to know he'd be avail

B. Draft is a crap shoot, nobody is a sure deal, especially not a WR going in the middle of draft

C. We couldve ended up with a defensive player again, especially if he was gone

D. If anybody knew what we know now, he wouldve been drafted top 3, how is anyteam going to be that far ahead scouting players than anyone else.

Ridiculous take, Diggs has been $$ and a great voice in locker room. I still dont even disagree with his fire from yesterday, its a non issue

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

I agree w/ Diggs 100%. I'm really having a tough time seeing this team ever really contending for a SB as currently constructed. I'm super frustrated, he should be too.

To me, this is (pardon my language) the Tom Brady excuse.  Every other QB seeks out the opposing QB after a loss and shakes his hand and exchanges a word or two.  Tom Brady apparently hates losing so much more than everyone else and is such a passionate competitor that he simply can't bring himself to do this after a loss (leading to Fitzpatrick running after him and making him shake once after he won LOL)

The whole team is super-frustrated.  We have OLman who I guarantee are out there after getting their knees drained and injected with cortisol every week, pumped full of Toradol.  Do we think Beasley isn't frustrated?  Davis?  Knox?  etc.

But they understand that part of being a teammate is being there for your guys, and part of being an NFL player is meeting with the media.

So Diggs, like Tom Brady, apparently gets a pass because he just hates losing more than anyone else that he can't stick around and shake hands and stay in the locker room and hug his teammates?  When they made him a Captain?  When he talked about embracing that role?

I call shenanigans

He isn't a fiercer competitor than Allen

Or Morse for that matter though he has that 'gentlemanly' affect after the whistle

The whole team hates losing

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I want you to be a professional and a leader who doesn’t have a tantrum and storm out of the locker room after a loss. 

Anyone who thinks this behavior is acceptable has their head in the sand. 

When you have a leader of the offense who goes mental on tv and trashes a booth when you lose in week 4 it is really hard to call out your on field leaders losing their ***** when you lay an egg at the end of the season. That is why that stuff matters.

Leadership is about control and leaders have to stay in emotional control. Once they don't it gives others a sense that they don't have to. 

It is a bad look for Diggs. I know he is an emotional guy who wants to win desperately, but he has to do handle his emotions better. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I want you to be a professional and a leader who doesn’t have a tantrum and storm out of the locker room after a loss. 

Anyone who thinks this behavior is acceptable has their head in the sand. 

Go buy an NFL team then. Otherwise you're just trying to control things you can't. 

• Eyeroll 1

56 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I am certainly not advocating getting criminals; I’m only pointing out that the teams that beat us in the postseason seem to be ok with harboring a few of them if the talent is there. More broadly, there are a LOT of crazy people in the NFL. The Jimmy Johnson Cowboys teams were loaded with them. And let’s face it — you have to be a little crazy to play in the NFL given the extreme violence. We all want guys who are able to turn it off at 4:15 pm on a Sunday, but that’s not realistic for a lot of players. It’s a sport that rewards a violent bent.

I thought a lot about the criminal issue today.  I think we’re going to see some scumbags in here soon because it’s a unique blend of talent and economy, both of which we need. 

13 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Who is this?

Dave Myers?  Founder of the "BuiltinBuffalo" Buffalo Bills Digital Media brand. 

In other words, Bills fan trying to build a podcaster/social media type presence

Like a lot of these guys, may have some connections with people who work for the Bills or know a few players.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.