Diggs is Tweeting

Mark92

17 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think the additional context to this is that Eli Apple was trash talking him all game. He’s pretty easy to rile up, as we saw in the Packers game. He wanted the ball to rub it in Apple’s face but he never got it. He was worked up from the start of the game. He yelled at Josh on the field for throwing a ball too low on the second drive of the game.

Oh, yeah.  Apple was bigtime under his skin.  That was very evident early on.

Should have just stayed pat and chosen Jefferson at WR. Still on a rookie contract and better than diggs in everyway, now. And younger. Objectively better move / beane didn’t make 

also I’ll never forgive McD for trading out of mahommes pick for tre white and Zay jones 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Mango said:

He is literally one captains of this team.

How is leadership not part of the job description?

A actual quote from Diggs on what he needs to do as one of the captains of this team. 

The Bills have an overabundance of kumbaya vibes on the squad now and I for one want someone with some aggro juice who trash talks and absolutely hates losing. The Bills need MORE players like him. Love it or hate it, that sort of attitude is a winning one in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Josh missed him on the first drive and then he was taken out of the game defensively because we have no other weapons

He missed him because he had a DT draped on him when Saffold was too emotionally exhausted to block anybody. Again.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 12

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills have an overabundance of kumbaya vibes on the squad now and I for one want someone with some aggro juice who trash talks and absolutely hates losing. The Bills need MORE players like him. Love it or hate it, that sort of attitude is a winning one in the NFL. 

The Kumbaya vibes has led to a lot of wins for this franchise.  There are plenty of hotheads in the NFL who haven't won jack.   Being fiery may be passionate but it isn't always effective.  It can often lead to dysfunction.

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think we need to start having our players backs. His reaction wasn’t different than any of ours. 

He's pissed

We're all angry

Yesterday was embarrassing 

Both Josh and Diggs should walk into McD's office demanding more help on offense.  Even if it means this entire draft goes to OL/ WR etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

The Kumbaya vibes has led to a lot of wins for this franchise.  There are plenty of hotheads in the NFL who haven't won jack.   Being fiery may be passionate but it isn't always effective.  It can often lead to dysfunction.

You need some of it, though, and the fact of the matter is that in the postseason, the Bills have LOST to the teams featuring D’Andre Hopkins, Frank Clark, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones, and Joe Mixon. All elite teams have guys like Diggs irrespective of position. It’s also worth mentioning that he was open a LOT yesterday despite being bracketed and Josh missed him repeatedly (ie, the first series of the game). Give me him any day of the week over the “emotionally exhausted” millionaires who needed a family day on Saturday. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's pissed

We're all angry

Both Josh and Diggs should walk into McD's office demanding more help on offense.  Even if it means this entire draft goes to OL/ WR etc.

I’d love Josh and Diggs if they walk up to McBeane and basically say improve the offense or trade us. Of course, neither can be traded due to dead cap etc. but…

Seems like it’s clearly directed at Dorsey

Who can blame him

He wasn’t used for much of the back end of the season as much as he should’ve been. 

Basically running deep routes and hoping to hit those. 

I like Diggs in that intermediate high percentage area with the occasional deep shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I may agree, I may not agree, but say more

No, I'd rather he not accept losing and go ahead and be mad about it, but don't act like a toddler "Imma take my Ball and Go Home".  He's part of a team.  He's a captain on the team.  He's supposed to be a leader.  Lead. 

I agree his method of showing his displeasure could be better, but I am not going to criticize him either. People are blowing this way out of proportion. If his "outburst" lights a fire under this organization's ass and induces change, then I think he should be credited. His anger is coming from the right place, and that's what counts. Sensitive fans need to get off their high horse

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

He missed him because he had a DT draped on him when Saffold was too emotionally exhausted to block anybody. Again.

True, but to be fair that is a throw Josh makes regularly in that sort of situation (it’s what makes him so elite). Of course, that’s no excuse for Saffold, who dramatically increased the difficulty of the throw through his play.

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's pissed

We're all angry

I hope the entire draft does go to OL/WR, lol.  If they don't, they're probably calling Beas mid-season.

Edited by Billz4ever

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not looking for them to run it back.  I am looking for them to get better and I believe they will try because the front office has always tried.   I like how the Bills are further away.  But the Bolts and Browns who have shown absolutely nothing with their respective QBs are closer.  Take the emotion out of it and be honest about what these teams actually are.  The Bills will be back next year.   

Taking the emotion out, the Bills are a team that is built w/ a defective O-line and not enough weapons but a good not great D, top end WR1, & phenomenal QB. They have no $ or great draft capital or position, bc of the build (we are 30th in assets this off season, that's 3rd to last, see below). That makes it tough to fix the problems they have & do much. The Coach seems to have an aversion to rookies, so we can't just build through the draft but no $ to do much else. We desperately need 2 more true elite weapons to compete w/ Cincy & KC & have to fix 2 to 3 positions at O-Line. We have used 2 of the last 7 first round picks in O, so far from a guarantee we'll address things in the draft as it appears we are overly focused on the D. So Beane is going to have to do a lot of contract restructures to try to do anything more than run it back largely, w/ a few tweeks. But I don't logically see them getting much farther next year. & Yes if the Browns get Deshawn Watson for a full year next year I do logically have a reason for them to move forward. The Bolts need to stay healthy, but a coaching change would do them good. So in the end I agree w/ Diggs, this stinks, he should be upset. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-evaluating-which-nfl-teams-are-best-set-up-for-the-2023-offseason

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You need some of it, though, and the fact of the matter is that in the postseason, the Bills have LOST to the teams featuring D’Andre Hopkins, Frank Clark, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones, and Joe Mixon. All elite teams have guys like Diggs irrespective of position. It’s also worth mentioning that he was open a LOT yesterday despite being bracketed and Josh missed him repeatedly (ie, the first series of the game). Give me him any day of the week over the “emotionally exhausted” millionaires who needed a family day on Saturday. 

Ummm, you lost me here.  Wanting "fiery" dudes who have some "nastiness" on the field doesn't mean we want actual "bad guys."  I don't want anything to do with any of the guys you've listed above (outside of Hopkins whose biggest issue was getting popped for PEDs while rehabbing an injury).  You can be a tough, mean, mofo dawg on the field, without being an actual criminal.

All he said is he's not OK with losing, we didn't play up to our standard, and it's easier for others to criticize HIM for his comments rather than criticize the actual loss.

I agree with all of it! 

We need more dudes like him apparently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.