Bengals will be the team to beat for years to come

Niagara Dude

On 1/23/2023 at 4:55 PM, Gunsgoodtime said:

You are not alone.  I feel like we regress next year and will be fighting to stay out of the bottom of the Afce.  Beane has put us in a terrible place with poor drafting and drafting 3 defensive player for every offensive pick.  Not only that, he failed on those picks too.  Here we are, looking at a garbage OL, no good reciever outside of Diggs, and a trash defensive line that Beane used most our capital on.  Poyer likely gone, and I have no faith in this regime to draft or sign offense

Here is the main problem.  (the other problem is that your defense plays worse in playoff games than it's regular season ranking says it should)

I don't really need to go over every single Beane draft pick.  They aren't all bad, but somehow Beane did the same thing KC did a few years ago.  Drafted a bunch of D players and RB.  ignored O line.  

It's not too late to fix as you now head into Allens high cap hits, but the good drafting has to start NOW.  

After KC completely screwed the pooch in the 2018 draft (just flat out awful draft for KC)  they have gotten better up to and including all 10 drafted players making the team this season and having 4 of those start, and 4 more of them play major snaps.  Only the 7th round S and the 5th rd OT/OG didn't play.  

The Bills need to get something similar going.  If you do, you will still be competing for titles.  

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Here is the main problem.  (the other problem is that your defense plays worse in playoff games than it's regular season ranking says it should)

I don't really need to go over every single Beane draft pick.  They aren't all bad, but somehow Beane did the same thing KC did a few years ago.  Drafted a bunch of D players and RB.  ignored O line.  

It's not too late to fix as you now head into Allens high cap hits, but the good drafting has to start NOW.  

After KC completely screwed the pooch in the 2018 draft (just flat out awful draft for KC)  they have gotten better up to and including all 10 drafted players making the team this season and having 4 of those start, and 4 more of them play major snaps.  Only the 7th round S and the 5th rd OT/OG didn't play.  

The Bills need to get something similar going.  If you do, you will still be competing for titles.  

No one cares how your wonderful Chiefs became great.

Hope the Bengals win 80-0…and I can’t stand the Bengals. 

• Shocked 1

It’s gonna piss me off a bit if the city of Cincinnati is having a parade in a few weeks.  I always thought that Buffalo would have one before them. 

We shall see i guess . But the Bengals are a problem now and over the next few seasons for the AFC.

• Agree 1

On 1/23/2023 at 5:44 PM, Steptide said:

I think unfortunately we're all gonna see just how terrible our defense played yesterday when the Bengals and kc play this Sunday. I don't think the Bengals get past kc. I think it'll be a close game, but I don't see the Bengals just having their way on offense. I think the bills really blew an opportunity yesterday. Ravens held them to 17 points on offense, and were tied until that stupid fumble. Plain and simple, the bills just really blew it 

I'm afraid your right. We made them look like the greatest show on turd, in the snow. 

On 1/23/2023 at 4:44 PM, H2o said:

The Bengals won't win it all. They will either lose this week to the Chiefs or in the SB to the Eagles/Niners. Watch. 

As I said before, pride goes before destruction. The Bengals were all arrogant and feeling themselves. Then what?........ Here comes that L. The fools like Mixon, Apple, Burrow, and some of those other clowns can enjoy the SB from home or elsewhere just like the rest of us common folk. 

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

cincy has 1 more year of burrow rookie deal

then they have deal with what will likely be $45-50 AAV

With what they've accomplished already, they are ahead of the Bills.

And there's no reason they shouldn't expect to be competing for a SB appearance next year too.

They've done a lot more with the "cheap" period of the QB's career than the Bills have.

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

And there's no reason they shouldn't expect to be competing for a SB appearance next year too.

They've done a lot more with the "cheap" period of the QB's career than the Bills have.

While this is true, Buffalo was in cap hell in year 1 of Allen's career, that's not on them. The 2nd thing that I think is important to note is Burrow was a far more polished QB coming out of college. Though improving Allen was still an average QB in year 2. Only in year 3 did both the Bills and Allen have their 1st opportunity to compete for the title. By then half of Josh's "cheap time" was gone. 

I agree the Bengals will have a solid chance next year, but after that Burrow's postseason play will need to rise a couple of levels. Allen's postseason production with lesser weapons is quite a bit better.

His postseason Passer Rating & QBR are both better, in 1 additional game he has the same number of ints while throwing for 8 more tds. His ypg is better, his rushing yards are 4:1 vs Burrows and he's had huge games in the playoffs, Burrow, not so much. 300 yards games: Burrow 1 in 7 games, Allen 3 in 8 games. Games with 3 passing tds or more: Burrow 0 in 7 games, Allen 3 in 8 games. 

Offensive points the same thing: Average ppg postseason: Burrow 22.5, Allen 27 2. Games scoring over 27 points: Burrow 0 in 7 games, Allen 4 in 8 games. 

Allen has done alot more with less weapons around him. I think it would be safe to say the Bills FO did waste his final 2 cheap years, but I think it's also safe to say Burrow is wasting elite weapons around him and an elite postseason defense. A defense that's only given up an average of 18.8 ppg in their 7 playoff games and have never given up more than 24 points in any of those games. Alot of NFL QBs would kill to be in Joe Burrow's position the last 2 years. He's squandered 2 now.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Because instead of fast-tracking Allen the coaching staff decided to playing him with one arm tied behind its back.  

Now I'll have their usual response about how green he was.  Don't disagree however McD did not help the situation.

Burrow was trial by fire. That's the way you have to do it in my opinion.

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Cowboys have a guy making as much as Allen they seem to have no problems having talent around him.
As long as you have the QB you can always rebuild and retool. 
This would require Beane actually drafting well. I have my doubts with his love of tweener defense ends and RBs the offense doesn’t use. 

Beane is 100%, for the first in his tenure here, worthy of some heavy criticism .. but, in fairness, Dak did not have a ton of weapons around him.   I’d say they were quite similar to us.. WR1, above average TE, decent backs with an RB1 who always should’ve been supplanted by RB2, a mediocre OL and not much else. 

10 hours ago, H2o said:

As I said before, pride goes before destruction. The Bengals were all arrogant and feeling themselves. Then what?........ Here comes that L. The fools like Mixon, Apple, Burrow, and some of those other clowns can enjoy the SB from home or elsewhere just like the rest of us common folk. 

I would agree 99.9% of the time with this statement, but I don't think it applies to them. They didn't lose the game to KC because they talked crap. If you aren't motivated now, when will you be? The Bengals like to talk crap to get in your head. Similar to the way the Pistons used to be. Biggest problem being, they're a very physical team with talent out the rear. So yes, they can back it up. They will not stop talking, it's swag to them. They want to be the bully. 

Has anybody mentioned we are soft as mushy custard?

49 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Beane is 100%, for the first in his tenure here, worthy of some heavy criticism .. but, in fairness, Dak did not have a ton of weapons around him.   I’d say they were quite similar to us.. WR1, above average TE, decent backs with an RB1 who always should’ve been supplanted by RB2, a mediocre OL and not much else. 

The thing about Dallas though they hit absolute grand slams on their defensive picks as in they have home grown playmakers on all levels of D…Beane has had solid hits on Oliver and Rouseau but his misses are glaring right now…the jury is out on his 2022 draft right now 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.