Michael Thomas or Odell Beckham Jr.?

thenorthremembers

I wouldn’t mind taking a look at DJ Chark. Has elite speed and height at 4.34 and 6’3”. Wasn’t the greatest route runner coming out of LSU, but has definitely gotten better since entering the NFL. Probably would command a contract around 10-12 million per, but would push Gabe Davis into that 3rd receiver spot, and allow Shakir to move into the slot full time. Shakir can add that intermediate layering that we seem to be missing with our pass concepts. I expect him to make a jump next year, but that number 2 spot needs to be addressed, via free agency or draft, but the major needs on the OL take precedence in Round 1 unless an elite can’t miss prospect falls.

7 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I wouldn’t mind taking a look at DJ Chark. Has elite speed and height at 4.34 and 6’3”. Wasn’t the greatest route runner coming out of LSU, but has definitely gotten better since entering the NFL. Probably would command a contract around 10-12 million per, but would push Gabe Davis into that 3rd receiver spot, and allow Shakir to move into the slot full time. Shakir can add that intermediate layering that we seem to be missing with our pass concepts. I expect him to make a jump next year, but that number 2 spot needs to be addressed, via free agency or draft, but the major needs on the OL take precedence in Round 1 unless an elite can’t miss prospect falls.

Has the same issue Gabe Davis does, he cant catch.     Just my opinion but if they are going to spend any money on wideout they should bring in someone to take the #2 role not just compete.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen, Miller, Diggs, and Milano alone are due for $53,000,000 worth of salary increases in 2023.  The days of being buyers are probably over for a bit.  I’m just not sure where you’re going to find $15,000,000 for a WR on the wrong side of 30.  

It’s time to start drafting well.  Buffalo had the 4th oldest roster coming into the season, and that was prior to adding Von Miller who turns 34 in March.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Has the same issue Gabe Davis does, he cant catch.     Just my opinion but if they are going to spend any money on wideout they should bring in someone to take the #2 role not just compete.

I’m not sure I agree with the catches. I think he had maybe 2 drops this season? I don’t think he’s a home run, but I don’t think we can afford a home run either 

2 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I’m not sure I agree with the catches. I think he had maybe 2 drops this season? I don’t think he’s a home run, but I don’t think we can afford a home run either 

You may not agree but the stats don't lie.  Both he and Davis are sub 60% catch ratio for their careers.  Chark is 55% for his.  Neither are reliable ball catchers.    We can afford a home run if they restructure contracts and don't resign Poyer or Edmunds.

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

You may not agree but the stats don't lie.  Both he and Davis are sub 60% catch ratio for their careers.  Chark is 55% for his.  Neither are reliable ball catchers.    We can afford a home run if they restructure contracts and don't resign Poyer or Edmunds.

Is that a dropped passes stat, and does that include uncatchable balls? We gotta remember he was catching balls from Blake Bortles and Gardner Minshew prior to injury, which would be my greater fear than his hands. Look I’m not saying he’s the top of the mountain, but IMO you can’t afford that. If you’re employing a Hopkins or some guy like that, what are we doing at safety, middle lb, left guard, rt guard, rt tackle, and DE, because there’s a good chance Miller won’t be ready at seasons start. Not to mention rb2, and any guys we watch walk. Hard to fill so many starter positions when you pump so much money into 1 positional group.

20 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Linemen please.    Anyone can play wideout 

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

You mean like Gabe, McKenzie, Shakir who were so good we had to bring back Brown and Beas?!?

We don't want just anyone at WR ... we need WRs who can ... oh, I don't know ... call me crazy ... but consistently get open and catch a freaking ball.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.