Michael Thomas or Odell Beckham Jr.?

thenorthremembers

Some linemen and an oc that knows how to design an offense, form a good game plan, and call plays.  I would like another stud receiver too but cant do everything in one season.  They need to hit on draft picks and stop spending FA money.  Especially when they dont have it.  Cant keep mortgaging the future and then fail

Edited by Scott7975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

See if someone will take 27 and Oliver to move up in RD1 to where we can get a legit WR.   

Frees up his cap hit as well.  

Firmly in the camp of going WR in the draft unless a top FA WR wants to come here on a discount. 

Here's the stat numbers from top WRs this year, note the two 1k guys didn't compete with a guy like Diggs for #1 looks. Do any of them look better than Davis' stats?

Screenshot_20230123-184200 (1).png

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Linemen please.    Anyone can play wideout 

Linemen can’t play wideout. I’m pretty sure.   😋

It’s my two personal priorities, and how the board falls will determine who we start looking up like crazy on draft day. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Neither. Use a first round pick on one. Control him on the cheap for five years. 

And then the question becomes, does he actually get to play or do we get to keep on seeing Davis not catch the ball?

21 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I will be surprised if we go WR in the first round. Beane is got that next defensive player on speed dial in the first round already 

Bite your tongue, lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

And then the question becomes, does he actually get to play or do we get to keep on seeing Davis not catch the ball?

Bite your tongue, lol

This is a good point and one that I’ve considered. Davis is in his contract year next year and McD hates playing rookies. It’s something to keep an eye on. 

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Some linemen and an oc that knows how to design an offense, form a good game plan, and call plays.  I would like another stud receiver too but cant do everything in one season.  They need to hit on draft picks and stop spending FA money.  Especially when they dont have it.  Cant keep mortgaging the future and then fail

I think there's a pretty good former HC and OC available who's name rhymes with Mike that fits that description and who's available right now.  Matter of fact, I think he used to play for us too 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Linemen please.    Anyone can play wideout 

Possibly the most ignorant post I've seen here in 6 months.

And with this place, that's saying a LOT.

If anyone could play WR, we wouldn't have been beaten so badly yesterday.

We have 1 real WR and that's it.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I think we have a #1 WR an inconsistent #2/3 WR and developing #4 and an average starting TE. Yet need a reliable slot guy and 2nd TE. 

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The most ignorant post we’ve seen is the 3 years you spent telling us Josh Allen was trash. 

Get ahold of yourself.   We’ve got solid wideouts.  

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

The issue is picking late.   Picking at 27, Johnston, Addison, and Smith-Njigba are likely all gone.  Would you rather have Jalin Hyatt or the other two I've listed?

Question is will they be able to get open in the NFL? Thomas and OBJ are known commodities. If you can get a known commodity at a decent price to help Josh Allen tomorrow, why wouldn't you do just that. If Thomas/OBJ can help the Bills get to the SB in '24 why would you wait to see if a draft pick can do it? Why not use that draft pick to help solidify other leaky positions on the team. I mentioned in another post about the possibility of acquiring Michael Thomas. Sign me up if Beane can work his magic

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Michael Thomas had 1,700 yards in his last full season and if he's 100% healthy, then he's the top wr available.  Offensive line is the bigger concern, but we definitely need to give Josh another consistent weapon next season.

Believing he’s the same guy that put up 1700 yards was your first mistake.  He just isn’t ever going to be that guy again.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Neither. Get someone young like Cortland Sutton or Jerry Jeudy from Denver, or Elijah Moore from the Jets, who obviously wants out. Hell, send the Jets a fourth or fifth for Mims. 

Jets have some nice wr talent wasted on the bench.

38 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

The most ignorant post we’ve seen is the 3 years you spent telling us Josh Allen was trash. 

Get ahold of yourself.   We’ve got solid wideouts.  

Solid wideouts wont cut it anymore. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.