Michael Thomas or Odell Beckham Jr.?

thenorthremembers

The Bills can clear a lot of money by restructuring contracts this offseason, however if they want to trade for someone like DeAndre Hopkins or Brandin Cooks they will have to find someone to take on Ed Oliver's contract as well.    We wont be able to keep Oliver and sign another big money wide receiver.

That said, Michael Thomas just restructured his contract to make it easier for the Saints to move away from him in the offseason.   If the Saints dont move him off their roster by March 17th they will owe him 32 million dollars next year, something I dont imagine they want to do.   

With Thomas and Beckham both coming off of injuries and playing very little the last two seasons it's possible they have to take a one year prove it deal, hypothetically something in the range of 7-8 million dollars, doable for the Bills. 

If we have to go the route of taking a chance on a gifted but tarnished wideout, which one would you prefer?  If neither, what other option do you see for the Bills?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Linemen please.    Anyone can play wideout 

Say this LOUDER. so the guys in the back row can hear you..

For christ sakes, Take note what the Eagles, San Fran and Bengals did with their offensive line over the last 2 years.

If the NFL draft picks go as follows..

OL, OL, OL, OL... I can live with that. Double down at guard and T. Do it Early. Fix the damn line. And stop drafting so late on picks for the line.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 6

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

For christ sakes, Take note what the Eagles, San Fran and Bengals did with their offensive line over the last 2 years.

OL, OL, OL, OL... I can live with that. Double down at guard and T. Do it Early. Fix the damn line. And stop drafting so late on picks for the line.

Even if they pay Thomas or Beckham on the cheap they can still bring in a RT in the offseason.  If you sign a WR is free agency you have the freedom to go Guard in the 1st.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Even if they pay Thomas or Beckham on the cheap they can still bring in a RT in the offseason.  If you sign a WR is free agency you have the freedom to go Guard in the 1st.

yea no.. sorry. JA has one play where he has a ton of time and 3 where he is running for his life.

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Add KC too. They completely rebuilt OL 2 years ago. All 4 teams fighting for Super Bowl next week.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Neither. Ideas like these are why we'll never be in the big one. Commit actual assets (1-3 rd picks) to the position.

The issue is picking late.   Picking at 27, Johnston, Addison, and Smith-Njigba are likely all gone.  Would you rather have Jalin Hyatt or the other two I've listed?

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

yea no.. sorry. JA has one play where he has a ton of time and 3 where he is running for his life.

And in what I just laid out I gave him a new RT and a 1st Round Guard.  Say you bring in Jack Conklin at RT, Draft O'Cyrus Torrence and sign Michael Thomas.  Think those are all upgrades

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

And in what I just laid out I gave him a new RT and a 1st Round Guard.  Say you bring in Jack Conklin at RT, Draft O'Cyrus Torrence and sign Michael Thomas.  Think those are all upgrades

no.. still no. we will have 37 players only contracted going into next year. its not happening. 

Zay Flowers...dude looks and moves like a poor man's Tyreek Hill. Same height, same build, slightly slower at 4.37 but dude can stop on a dime and change directions ridiculously well.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Zay Flowers...dude looks and moves like a poor man's Tyreek Hill. Slightly slower at 4.37 but dude can stop on a dime and change directions ridiculously well.

Love Zay Flowers.  Was hoping he would come out last year.    Actually reminds me a lot of Henry Ruggs who I loved coming out of Alabama.   Would have had a great career had he not made horrible decisions.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

The issue is picking late.   Picking at 27, Johnston, Addison, and Smith-Njigba are likely all gone.  Would you rather have Jalin Hyatt or the other two I've listed?

100% absolutely. Thomas has a $13 mil dead cap hit even if they cut him, and he's played 3 games in the last 2.5 years. You really want to take that risk? Cuz you're not getting him without that contact somehow.

As for OBJ, I'm out on him after the injury concerns/airport fiasco. Too much of a risk, plus will demand HIGH value this offseason (take one look at the upcoming FA WR list it's terrible).

I'd gladly pay a rookie deal 1 2 or 3 rounder and give them a shot vs the options you listed.

PS - I do like Marquez Callaway this offseason. Cheap contract and had a nice year recently. Could be worth a shot.

2 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

100% absolutely. Thomas has a $13 mil dead cap hit even if they cut him, and he's played 3 games in the last 2.5 years. You really want to take that risk? Cuz you're not getting him without that contact somehow.

As for OBJ, I'm out on him after the injury concerns/airport fiasco. Too much of a risk, plus will demand HIGH value this offseason (take one look at the upcoming FA WR list it's terrible).

I'd gladly pay a rookie deal 1 2 or 3 rounder and give them a shot vs the options you listed.

PS - I do like Marquez Callaway this offseason. Cheap contract and had a nice year recently. Could be worth a shot.

Makes sense.   Started the topic to for discussion sake, and you have valid points.   Not sure how I feel about Hyatt yet.   Seems like the idea that a WR takes 3 years to develop has gone out the window with so many young guys having success out of the gate.  The free agent list was another reason I had either of these guys as an option.  

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.