Who do you want fired Poll

PrimeTime101

Real Simple, Who do you want fired  

537 members have voted

1. 1. The Day After. We had time to think about it. Who needs to be fired if any?

• Clean House. GM, HC, OC, DC, the whole lot.
    • The HC
    • The OC
    • The DC
    • Just the OC and DC
    • None. Trust the Process.

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Building a super bowl team doesn't usually happen over night especially when the team has been in mediocrity for 20 years.

Never bad enough to get a top 5 pick and when they trade up for one... they choose a paper WR who looks at the field and gets an injury. 

The list of guys who were drafted that year in the first round... good lord 17 first round picks ended up being better picks. Remember that crappy GM?

Brandon Beane has been a godsend for Buffalo and so has McD. The guy who went to the  playoffs with Tyrod Taylor at QB.

I'm not happy either...I just realize that replacing Beane and McD would be a whole lot more difficult than just wishing it.  How many teams went 14-4 this season? There would be about a 2 second delay in firing one of those two guys and them being instantly rehired. As for the HC either Denver, Carolina, Houston, Arizona, Indy.

I personally am not at the point of firing Gm and HC yet. BUT. what scares the living HECK out of me the most? failing another year of draft picks. 

27 minutes ago, Manther said:

Regarding Dorsey, I don't think he will get fired after one year.  However, I thought his play calling was awful all year.  The first couple weeks of the Season he was ok.

Can someone point out one game his schemes were a main factor in a win? In the first weeks, maybe. 

Daboll was strangely stubborn in not having more run plays (and sweeps), but he was creative, could direct Josh's energy. Put some wrinkles here and there.

I was all for giving Dorsey a chance, and for being somehow patient as it's his first year, but his offensive plays have been so vanilla, what would it be without Josh? And how can a cold weather team be outsmarted when it comes to a slippery field? 2 of their 3 first plays were side to side instead of north-south!

The Bengals schemes got their receivers open many times yesterday, and often had WRs matched with the Bills LBs. Just looking at other teams, they have 3-5 plays a game that the schemes deliver a 1st down. Dorsey got more vanilla as the season went! Sorry, but I don't see improvements coming. 

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 2

I'd add these random guys to the chopping block, as we're hungry for heads right now: 

• Dennis Lock, Sr. Director Football Research. Where were the analytics for this game?
  • Mark Carrier, Director Player Engagement. Players were unengaged all game. 
  • Nick Lacy, Strength + Conditioning Assistant. Outmuscled all game. 

Oh, that and Tony Romo. Used to be my fave. Now I have to mute him. Tony: You don't have to fill every second of space with jibber-jabber, man. 

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sorry, sarcasm detector is turned off this morning.  

yes, I think he deserves another year.  If he’s fired, so be it.  Let’s hope we don’t screw it up. I’m just not a huge fan of the candidates. Payton makes sense….but we’ll have to give up a 1st rd pick and likely pay him 20M a year.  

Who cares what we pay Payton, Terry cuts the check it doesn't impact salary cap or the team in any manner what so ever. 

The first round pick is an investment. But spending that pick on him will have a much bigger impact than whatever guy Beane selects.

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Who cares what we pay Payton, Terry cuts the check it doesn't impact salary cap or the team in any manner what so ever. 

The first round pick is an investment. But spending that pick on him will have a much bigger impact than whatever guy Beane selects.

It is so close to being worth it though.... so close... 

Dorcey’s play calling seemed clunky at times but overall the numbers were a bit better than we saw with Dabol.  On the occasions where McDermott took over the defensive calls,  the team appeared to be more aggressive, so I don’t think it’s schematic.   I just think Frazier is too conservative.  I believe the team is hoping he gets a HC shot because they don’t want to fire him.  Maybe he retires?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

Dorcey’s play calling seemed clunky at times but overall the numbers were a bit better than we saw with Dabol.  On the occasions where McDermott took over the defensive calls,  the team appeared to be more aggressive, so I don’t think it’s schematic.   I just think Frazier is too conservative.  I believe the team is hoping he gets a HC shot because they don’t want to fire him.  Maybe he retires?

yea but he never did the bolded this year. Are the numbers better because of the OC or JA progression? or none of the above? I would argue JA numbers are about the same as last year?

I voted OC/DC. After last year's playoff loss I asked the following question: 'Is the failure a lack of talent or is it coaching that is failing the talent that is brought in?'

If you believe Beane is a great GM, then a change of DC is especially needed.  6 premium picks (Edmunds/ Oliver/ Rousseau/ Epenessa/ Basham/ Elam) on defense that comes up small in the playoffs and at least a few times a year. Premium picks make game changing/ impact plays. Is the issue that these guys are not as talented as where they were drafted, or is coaching not getting the most out of them? Even then the biggest FA splashes have been on defense too. What was the Von Miller type splash on offense?

On offense 4 premium picks (Allen/ Diggs via trade/ Ford/ Cook) - so Ford was a bust, it happens, but you don't get gun shy and stop drafting OL.

Something is clearly not working. How does a defensive minded HC and a the most veteran assistant (Frazier) not get more from so much capital expended on defense?

I would like to see what a Vic Fangio could get out of this defensive roster, even with the expected and unexpected departures. White/ Hyde/ Milano/ Oliver (5th year)/ Rousseau/ Basham/ Elam and Von Miller are all still here next year representing a lot of capital.

OC is a bit of a sticky situation too. Not nearly as much capital expended there, and Dorsey was in year 1, but in this window does the team have time to develop an OC? Reich is out there. He did wonders with Wentz and Foles and clearly has Buffalo connections. He is also veteran enough with enough player cache to get Allen's attention and respect and a strong enough credibility to state a counter opposing point to the staff.

If Fangio and Reich can not get more out of the talent, then the talent may be lacking and that would point to the GM. I think the rational move is to see what other experienced coordinators can get with Beane's roster.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Can someone point out one game his schemes were a main factor in a win? In the first weeks, maybe. 

Daboll was strangely stubborn in not having more run plays (and sweeps), but he was creative, could direct Josh's energy. Put some wrinkles here and there.

I was all for giving Dorsey a chance, and for being somehow patient as it's his first year, but his offensive plays have been so vanilla, what would it be without Josh? And how can a cold weather team be outsmarted when it comes to a slippery field? 2 of their 3 first plays were side to side instead of north-south!

The Bengals schemes got their receivers open many times yesterday, and often had WRs matched with the Bills LBs. Just looking at other teams, they have 3-5 plays a game that the schemes deliver a 1st down. Dorsey got more vanilla as the season went! Sorry, but I don't see improvements coming. 

well said. I think in hindsight, Dorsey was a mistake.

• Agree 1

I want Leslei Frazier gone above all else. If they fire Dorsey? So be it. I do remember though how much beef we all had with Daboll his first couple of years, and even through last year a bit with some of the play calls and how much he ran Allen. All of these people acting like they believed he was the best coach on the staff? Yeah, 90% of you are lying through your teeth. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

What is with Bills fans today?

Sean Payton was the HC of the NO Saints for 15 seasons. Won ONE SB in all that time with future HoF QB Drew Brees at QB.  Out of the 15 seasons went to the playoffs 9 times and lost Conf, WC, Div, Div, Div, Conf, WC, Div.  He had 5 losing season in that time too.

I don't see a great savior! No way is he worth a #1 pick and 20 mill per. Not to this team as they already have a better HC. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

I've seen enough of Frazier's defenses at this point,  although I know it won't really change anything.  It's also McDermott's defense.  Speaking of which,  I like McDermott,  but at some point,  making the playoffs isn't enough.  We're not quite there yet,  but this can't continue much longer,  and admittedly,  I think it's preferable to have a HC who specializes on offense. 

As for Dorsey,  I expected he'd struggle at times as a first year OC.  He needs to show improvement next year and his offense needs to have something resembling an identity,  but for now, I think I'd give him another chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Which validates what I posted.  What are you talking about?

Nothing you said validates anything! Are you really a Bills fan?  

Brandon Beane is considered one of the very best GM's in the league! Actually, best of the best.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-gm-brandon-beane-rank-best

Von Miller, 7 of the 8 draft picks this season played at some point. Gabe Davis was a 4th, Bass was a 6th and so on. The team is loaded with talent.

Coaching matters! Buffalo was outcoached on both sides of the ball. One guy is a rookie.

Speaking of trash...

I’m not really banging the table to fire either coordinator and definitely not McDermott, but I wouldn’t complain if the coordinators were gone. Think there’s a lot worse coordinators out there though and that our issues are more talent related than coaching related. 

What is with Bills fans today?

Sean Payton was the HC of the NO Saints for 15 seasons. Won ONE SB in all that time with future HoF QB Drew Brees at QB.  Out of the 15 seasons went to the playoffs 9 times and lost Conf, WC, Div, Div, Div, Conf, WC, Div.  He had 5 losing season in that time too.

I don't see a great savior! No way is he worth a #1 pick and 20 mill per. Not to this team as they already have a better HC. 

What was Brees before Payton, solid QB that when he was a few agent only 2 teams bothered to give him an offer both with limited money. 

Before Payton Brees had thrown 3500 yards only once in his career, never 30 TD. Career best year was 3576 yd, 24 td, 15 int... never supported a WR for a 1000 yard season before Payton, only one time in his car before Payton he get any guy 1k, which was Gates 1k in 2005 for one year. Once Payton got his hands on him he was throwing 4-5k yards and 30-40 TD seasons at will. Career 84.9 qb rating before Payton, career 101.5 with him. 

Brees as great as the production was, was a limited QB that Payton successfully game planned for and designed an offense for. Brees limitations routinely raised their ugly head late in the year in outdoor games where he didn't have the arm strength to execute outside the dome.

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Brandon Beane is considered one of the very best GM's in the league! Actually, best of the best.

Von Miller, 7 of the 8 draft picks this season played at some point. Gabe Davis was a 4th, Bass was a 6th and so on. The team is loaded with talent.

Coaching matters! Buffalo was outcoached on both sides of the ball. One guy is a rookie.

Speaking of trash...

Drink that Kool aid bro!!!!  Guzzle guzzle guzzle!

Speaking of trash...

drafting good and setting up a team for success are 2 different things.

They finished 13-3!! When in major sports history of ANY sport did a team get rid of ALL of their coaches with that winning percentage??!!!  The word imbeciles comes to mind. They had a ton of injuries, snowstorms, Detroit, Damar, Topps. They ran out of emotional gas. Who can blame them?? Coaches are people too! Right? They will retool no doubt. They'll get Diggs some help, sign/draft a stout RB, draft some 0-Lineman. They'll be back in the SB hunt next year. No one in the Media is going to anoint the Bills as SB favorites for 2023. Most won't even pick them to win the East. Some will pick them for 3rd if the Jets get a decent QB!! I love our chances next year.... They'll no doubt be underdogs. Now, if they fail next year?..... Then you make serious changes. This staff deserves another year. Besides, any new coaches added, would then get a mulligan if the Bills roll over again..       

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.