Discussion about Sean Payton

Kirby Jackson

54 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

McDermott is fine IMO

I do think its time for a new defensive scheme.  The whole league has a lot of experience and data points vs the current Bills defense of 5 seasons or whatever.  They need to change their approach and probably coaching/vision.

Also need another WR as well as a slot guy if Shakir or McKenzie arent it.  Its Allen and Diggs vs the other team, with Knox getting open from time to time.

Knox is in helping Brown too much to be the weapon he could be.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

And I think for me, it's what I find the most frustrating. I can't remember the Bills ever running a quick game offense, this season. I remember we've talked about how getting Josh a few quick completions used to settle him down.

Week 1 at LAR. It was their "counter Donald" plan. Softened them up with quick game and then when they began to cheat up went deep. It has been M.I.A. since then.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

15 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

And I think for me, it's what I find the most frustrating. I can't remember the Bills ever running a quick game offense, this season. I remember we've talked about how getting Josh a few quick completions used to settle him down.

Versus the Rams week one to neutralize Donald.  It worked to perfection. Then they abandoned it though it should have been featured throughout especially v the Jets. 

• Agree 3

I dont get this fascination with Sean Payton. The dude hasnt done anything in like 15 years and he had Drew Brees all that time.  As soon as it was obvious his next project QB wasnt going to cut it he "retired."

So you guys want to send premium picks on a retread coach that could otherwise be used to put some talent around Josh.  Probably the same people that were banging the table to bring in Gruden out of retirement for years.  How'd that work out for the Raiders?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Week 1 at LAR. It was their "counter Donald" plan. Softened them up with quick game and then when they began to cheat up went deep. It has been M.I.A. since then.  

Ironically you would have thought Dorsey would least be capable of calling such a game plan in the infancy of his playcalling year 1...I've heard even Cover 1 in their postgame analysis yesterday comment that Dorsey showed improvement in his playcalling during the season--but I would argue he showed us more the first 4-5 weeks going into the bye, than after, fwiw. 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont get this fascination with Sean Payton. The dude hasnt done anything in like 15 years and he had Drew Brees all that time.  As soon as it was obvious his next project QB wasnt going to cut it he "retired."

So you guys want to send premium picks on a retread coach that could otherwise be used to put some talent around Josh.  Probably the same people that were banging the table to bring in Gruden out of retirement for years.  How'd that work out for the Raiders?

We are wasting premium picks on guys who hardly see the field. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow was Crowder that important? We didn’t see that kind of passing offense for the rest of the year. What I wouldn’t give to go back to week one. Sad

On 11/14/2022 at 7:40 AM, McBean said:

Let’s hope those internal issues are Brandon Beane finally realizing that Sean McDermott is Doug Collins. I hope Beane takes a look at the 7-2 New York Giants, with way less talent, and realizes what the real problem is. 

Do the right thing Beane and hire a bright offensive minded HC, or we’re going to waste a generational talent in Josh Allen.

I agree with you, but Josh is NOT a generational talent!  I keep reading this here.

I can't think of a generational talent at QB in the NFL in the last....generation...other than maybe Tom Brady.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, BananaB said:

We are wasting premium picks on guys who hardly see the field. 

Agree and I posted something similar in the post game thread.  They need to stop that too.  We dont need a 200 man Dline rotation.  Keeping their legs fresh so they still cant pressure the QB all the while Josh has no talent around him.  First round corners that barely play 50% of the snaps because they on rotation too now. 2nd round picks apparently with not enough talent to see the field.  The only time these guys play rookies is when they are forced to.  Imagine Josh had an Oline that could block instead of a 200 man dline rotation that still cant get to the QB.  Sigh.  I like McD and Beane but premiums are going to waste while we have maybe 3 talented guys on offense. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And he is the only upgrade in this field, so I get it. I'd still retain the regime another year, but failure to address their repeating issues - pass rush and oline - and I'd move on. Ben Johnson OC, Detroit.... he is the one I have my eye on. 

So how many chances to fix their repetitive failures? No player would ever be given this much leeway. Don't you think the players recognize they keep falling short of their goal and is directly related to the coaches? Don't you think the players recognize their staff is not being held remotely to the same standards? 

How many more years of Allen are we going to waste? Let's keep in mind he's still developing so now we are hindering his development with no Dabol or other offensive coach with enough knowledge to groom a top tier QB and offensive system.  

13 seconds was the final straw, this year was their mercy year to fix it, they didn't.  Time to go.  Accountability. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Anyone else interested? I highly doubt McDermott goes, but should he?

please don’t do this. There is absolutely no reason to resurrect a two month old topic with an incorrect topic title. If you need to reference a pass post you could just embed a link to it.

I know I have this on the Sabres site and I believe I have it here too where I ask you in a big orange alert box not to resurrect old posts.

38 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

So how many chances to fix their repetitive failures? No player would ever be given this much leeway. Don't you think the players recognize they keep falling short of their goal and is directly related to the coaches? Don't you think the players recognize their staff is not being held remotely to the same standards? 

How many more years of Allen are we going to waste? Let's keep in mind he's still developing so now we are hindering his development with no Dabol or other offensive coach with enough knowledge to groom a top tier QB and offensive system.  

13 seconds was the final straw, this year was their mercy year to fix it, they didn't.  Time to go.  Accountability. 

I think a lot of things. What I don't do is project my thoughts onto supposing other people think the same things. 

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Versus the Rams week one to neutralize Donald.  It worked to perfection. Then they abandoned it though it should have been featured throughout especially v the Jets. 

and week 2 against the Titans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.