Discussion about Sean Payton

Kirby Jackson

On 11/15/2022 at 5:49 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that you should stay.

If the Bills don’t win the Super Bowl, they should hire Sean Payton. I said that before the year and believe it more than ever. The window is open and they aren’t playing well. They lose a zillion close games, make mistakes and generally don’t look prepared. This isn’t a “prisoner of the moment” thing either. I’m on record, before this season, with my desire for Payton if they don’t win. Doug Collins is the PERFECT comparison!! Well done

Anyone else interested? I highly doubt McDermott goes, but should he?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

IF it were for Payton then yes, time to move on. Anyone else currently available, probably not. Need an offensive guru and better OL/ WR for sure. Dorsey’s offense lacked direction and creativity, just Josh winging it too often. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

IF it were for Payton then yes, time to move on. Anyone else currently available, probably not. Need an offensive guru and better OL/ WR for sure. Dorsey’s offense lacked direction and creativity, just Josh winging it too often. 

We get Payton, we win (multiple) Super Bowls with him and Josh Allen.

Josh Allen is the most talented player in the NFL at the most coveted position…and he plays for us.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, McBean said:

We get Payton, we win (multiple) Super Bowls with him and Josh Allen.

Josh Allen is the most talented player in the NFL at the most coveted position…and he plays for us.

Agree. The Bills are at a crossroads of sorts here. They can ascend or decline depending on the decisions made in upcoming weeks. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/14/2022 at 7:31 AM, CountDorkula said:

In this tweet thread about 4 down John Wawrow hints at possible internal issues with the Bills. 

Keep in mind the source of this tweet.

All one needs do is listen to his absurd questions and you know he's trying like heck to find a crack to stick his little tongue into, wiggle it around, and see if anything bites.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

What does this have to do with the John Wawrow rumors?

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

McDermott should not go, but Frazier should be fired. His time is up.

Nothing and it could've easily been posted in one of the other many threads on the same subject.

Feel free to close.

I searched when I raised the thought of Payton because the reactions, at the time, were different than now. It was raised to see how much opinions change in 2 months. 

Bottom line, is this team underachieved and change is needed. The window is closing (not closed but closing). We missed our best chance at a Super Bowl because we were poorly coached. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

McDermott should not go, but Frazier should be fired. His time is up.

Nothing and it could've easily been posted in one of the other many threads on the same subject.

The windows on the house aren't the problem and replacing them not the solution  right now.  The roof has a major leak and the furnace is on the fritz.  Start there. 

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

If they can't fire Frazier, it's a problem.

Completely missed the point.  Doesn't matter who the coordinators are if the HC who drives personnel decisions, determines scheme and game-plans continues doing what he does.  

I am not advocating for firing McD...but he needs to overhaul everything: the schemes he plays, the players he tells Beane to acquire to staff them, and how he game-plans.  Then we can talk about coordinators.   

• Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Completely missed the point.  Doesn't matter who the coordinators are if the HC who drives personnel decisions, determines scheme and game-plans continues doing what he does.  

I am not advocating for firing McD...but he needs to overhaul everything: the schemes he plays, the players he tells Beane to acquire to staff them, and how he game-plans.  Then we can talk about coordinators.   

Didn't miss it at all, I just don't agree with it. You're definitely advocating for firing McD.

55 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sean Payton is under contract. What’s the expected compensation? Yes, he’s a much better coach than McD and I’d swap him out today. But that means blowing it all up in the FO too. Again, I’d be okay with that for Payton. I don’t see another available HC that I’d do it for tho. 

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Sean Payton is under contract. What’s the expected compensation? Yes, he’s a much better coach than McD and I’d swap him out today. But that means blowing it all up in the FO too. Again, I’d be okay with that for Payton. I don’t see another available HC that I’d do it for tho. 

at least one 1st round pick is what I've read

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.