Patriots Gameplan against the Bills was correct

gonzo1105

After the Bills walked to a 24-10 victory over the Patriots in Foxborough, either Belichick or Patricia said that they threw all of these short passes because they wanted to get their playmakers into space and force the Bills to tackle. You could see Mac Jones screaming at coaches on the sideline after the Bills stifled their gameplan. 

Bills media and pundits laughed at the notion mostly because the Patriots don't have the receiving weapons to make that happen on a down to down basis.  Flash forward to yesterday. The Bengals constantly threw the ball very short with screens, dump offs, crossers etc and made the first one or two bills miss gaining extra yardage with missed tackles. Obviously the Bengals had much better weapons with their 3 WR's but its also arguable that their RB's and TE's were both of a higher caliber than the Patriots. 

I just couldn't stop thinking about that statement and how I watch the Bills on defense and they just look slow. The Bengals just had better athletes on offense than the Bills had of defense. Also give Cinci DC Lou Anarumo a lot of credit. That man knows how to shut down top QB's in this league. He's done it to Mahomes and now he did it to Allen. 

I also admired the play of Trey Hendrickson and wish he was on the Bills. Guy can do everything. He's tough, physical, can rush the passer and set the edge. He also was in a 2 point and 3 point at times chucking Dawson Knox before coming on his rush. Just a good throwback hardnosed football player. That Bengals team is really good when clicking on all cylinders. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.