Saffold said guys were "exhausted" this week and "out of gas"

Einstein

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I didn’t want to bring this up while everybody was venting and upset. I was upset too, but we didn’t hear anybody talking yesterday about everything that has happened to this team over the course of the year, leading with damar Hamlin’s near fatal on the field incident.

These guys are not robots I was amazed that they were able to play the next week given what they had experienced, and when they did play the next week, I thought that after an initial they looked flat as hell. Then you go into the Miami game, and I also felt in that game that they looked flat.

This team was emotionally spent

I couldn’t agree more and it’s on the head coach to get everyone through it. At that, he failed miserably. He alone chose where this team’s focus would be, and it definitely wasn’t on football. The result was so obvious yesterday. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I couldn’t agree more and it’s on the head coach to get everyone through it. At that, he failed miserably. He alone chose where this team’s focus would be, and it definitely wasn’t on football. The result was so obvious yesterday. 

I don’t know what they did to get through it exactly from my standpoint it would’ve been a good idea to bring in counseling and make it a part of the day, while concentrating on football in other aspects of the day but that’s just me

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t know what they did to get through it exactly from my standpoint it would’ve been a good idea to bring in counseling and make it a part of the day, while concentrating on football in other aspects of the day but that’s just me

This is going to sound really harsh but you do the same thing on a battlefield. You tell the remaining soldiers to keep moving, and do NOT look back at your fallen comrades. You move on together and take the next hill. Way, way, way too much wallowing went on…if you want to win a Super Bowl. They made their choice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

This is going to sound really harsh but you do the same thing on a battlefield. You tell the remaining soldiers to keep moving, and do NOT look back at your fallen comrades. You move on together and take the next hill. Way, way, way too much wallowing went on…if you want to win a Super Bowl. They made their choice. 

Coming from veteran these guys are not soldiers

• Like (+1) 1

None of this explains or excuses the absolutely HORRIFIC game plans on both side of the ball.

Frazier needs to go. His defense collapses as soon as we meet up with a good team in the playoffs.

Dorsey won’t get canned, he should and the reigns given to Brady, but his backyard football, hike the ball and let Josh make a play, is the reason this offense has had zero rhythm, zero synchronicity between running and passing game, and is a testament to what a WARRIOR Josh Allen is to put up those gaudy stats despite being hampered by a shty OC. 

I don’t care what the stats say. I’m so sick of all these twitter and message board analytic fan boys. This team hasn’t passed the eye test since the beginning of the season and anytime one of us brought it up it was met with a bunch of BS stats saying the eye test didn’t matter. DVOA! YPC! AIR YARDS! POINT DIFFERENTIAL! Blah blah blah stuff it. The eye test mattered in the end. I saw a team that was never in sync the second half of the season scrapping up wins against teams they should have dominated. It finally caught up with them.

This season proved that all those stats are garbage. They don’t mean a thing. Enough of us have watched enough football over the years to know a solid looking team when we see it and this team wasn’t it most of the year. They won because we have one of the best QBs in generations behind center willing them to win.

30 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The team opened OTAs to the Buffalo Mass Shooting, and wrapped training camp to Knox's brother dying. Then rolled through a season plagued with devastating injuries to our starters and leaders EVERY. WEEK. Then the weekly routines and games get messed up with weather. Then a player dies on the field...

It was all too much.

Frankly, we were setup for an early exit all the way back in Week 2 when Hyde went out for the season.

Amazing the guys managed to keep it together to a 13-3 record and #1 seed for most of the season, and ending with an 8-0 run and #2 seed.

Emotions are raw right now. Everyone go home, heal up, rest up, and get ready to make a run next year.

Beane has his work cut out for him tho...

“Amazing” that you feel that these highly paid professionals fell apart because of the items listed above. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, LabattBlue said:

“Amazing” that you feel that these highly paid professionals fell apart because of the items listed above. 

Yeah, I hate to be that guy, but come on.  The whole city and fanbase has had to deal with a lot of crap all season too, but we don't get mental health excuses on the most important days of our livelihoods either.  

The coaching staff should have tailored a gameplan sensing the "low energy/morale" in the room too.  Set it up so the offense gets going easy, do some stunts to get a few hits on the QB. Ease them into game and let them get into rhythm. Instead we had that abomination of a gameplan that relied on Allen doing it all and then some. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

They are still humans.

It's a failure of the coaching staff to recognize and adjust plans accordingly.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This isn’t war... it’s entertainment.  Football players should not be compared to soldiers, IMO. 

• Agree 2

The problem is exactly what Coach Kirby Smart said about my beloved Georgia Bulldogs and how they were able to repeat.

He said "After we won the championship 2021, people thought we were going to be hunted.  No way.  We are not the hunted.  We will continue to be the HUNTERS !!!"

"And we are Hunting for a repeat National Championship !!!"

Somewhere along the way, the Bills went from being the Hunters to being the Hunted !

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I live in WNY and was here for the shootings and snowstorms, and guess what…I got up the next day and carried on.  Stop acting like the atomic bomb was dropped on OBD while they were all onsite. 

Yeah, except you didn't have an entire fan base depending on you every week to make them feel better about themselves, let alone posting takes on social media every other second about how you do your job.   

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I live in WNY and was here for the shootings and snowstorms, and guess what…I got up the next day and carried on.  Stop acting like the atomic bomb was dropped on OBD while they were all onsite. 

Cool, how many people did you have to hug and support after the shootings? How many interviews did you do about the community and what it means for you to be there? How many of your coworkers got injured every week and left you to pick up their slack? How many died in front of you?

It's not just one or two of the items I listed. It's ALL OF THEM piled up over the last 8 months.

To win a championship takes a lot of fortitude and a lot of luck (on top of a lot of talent and good game planning). We had bad luck, and it chipped away at our fortitude.

I'm not excusing it, just explaining.

But I get it. It's the Day After. Everyone is in their dark places. Vent away.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Cool, how many people did you have to hug and support after the shootings? How many interviews did you do about the community and what it means for you to be there? How many of your coworkers got injured every week and left you to pick up their slack? How many died in front of you?

It's not just one or two of the items I listed. It's ALL OF THEM piled up over the last 8 months.

To win a championship takes a lot of fortitude and a lot of luck (on top of a lot of talent and good game planning). We had bad luck, and it chipped away at our fortitude.

I'm not excusing it, just explaining.

But I get it. It's the Day After. Everyone is in their dark places. Vent away.

BBFS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.