Saffold said guys were "exhausted" this week and "out of gas"

Einstein

The Bengals channeled an imaginary slight about AFCCG tickets being sold to a neutral game at Atlanta into their best performance of the season. 

The Bills channeled Damar Hamlin being back in the building into their worst performance of the season. 

Don't know if the players or coaches deserve more blame, but it's inexcusable either way. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think the players on both sides of the ball got the Bengals best shot out of the gate and they knew they weren’t going to compete with that. Not with the game plans in place at least. That’s a demoralizing situation to be in. 

Might have a point, I think we got Cinci at its best.  This game was apparently a huge win for them, look at that arrogant arse Eli Apple smilong a celebrations cigar.

Reminds me of the Bills-KC playoff game last year, that game was epically important for both squads and sans 13 seconds, both the Bills and Chiefs were at their best.  I think KC was exhausted emotionally after that game and one of the reasons they lost the next week to Cinci.  I will put my $ on KC to take advantage of that this year and beat a Cinci team that felt like they just won a huge monster victory.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Beasley isn't listed as a free agent on the site I'm looking at, either he signed for next year as well or was signed after this site came out with the list and didn't update. Same can be said with John Brown so maybe they never updated the list.

If you listen to this interview, I think it's pretty clear he's not under contract for next season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, chongli said:

Bills are getting brutalized in the comments to the article, by both Bills fans and enemies.

One example:

"touchback6 says:

January 23, 2023 at 12:25 pm

No mental toughness. They showed it last year, too.

Maybe if you were mature and addressed the 13 second chokejob last year instead of ducking and running like McDermott did immediately after last year’s loss in all of his arrogance, you would be more mentally tough this year as a team.

I agree with this 10000%

The fact it was never addressed and kept secret like the JFK assassination is mind f…ing boggling to me.  

• Like (+1) 3

We do need a Safety (ducking for cover) we might not have any ...

Poyer - A FA 30+ who will likely price himself out of the Bills range

Hyde - I'll believe he'll play again after he tackles someone in preseason and gets up.

Hamlin - I think his career is over as a football player

Marlowe - FA that maybe we'll re-sign because he'll be cheap and knows the system

Johnson - FA I wouldn't bring back for vet minimum.

• Agree 4

37 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

How can you be exhausted?  You had a players day on Tuesday, a walkthrough on Wednesday and a family day on Saturday.  You only practiced on Thursday and Friday.  What the ***** do you have to be tired about?  Man this pisses me the ***** off.  

Every ***** team has adversity they have to go through.  Cincinnati had a shorter off-season than you did.  You played 1 less game than the rest of the league.  Well, now you have 6 months to rest.  Rest up I guess.....

I understand.  I remember you talking about your military service.

It can be frustrating when people are shooting at you but a bunch of multi-millionaires can't even show up to play a kids game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Curious what he meant by "there was just uncharacteristic things that were kind of happening" - sounds like in this quote he was referring to the week specifically - not necessarily all the other stuff that had happened prior

The players are on record that the events of the year contributed to an overall level of "exhaustion" - but this seems like something specific was going on last week

Dorsey’s Interview caused for a lack of Offensive game planning and practice. Should be allowed f’d us two years in a row! 

Such bad mojo all week with fans openly talking and planning trips to Atlanta.  I know a few people that booked hotels around Phoenix.  Coach interviewing, Poyer was blatantly saying goodbye to Buffalo even before the Bengals game. As much as i love Hamlin recovering i thought it was a distraction for him to be in the building all week.  Don’t get me wrong it’s fine, I’m happy for him but the guys played like this was a preseason game.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Doesn't seem he's under contract for next year but would be open to coming back for a full season.

I'd love to have him back, but none of our opinions matter unfortunately.

He'll be signed mid-season (again) after they realize (again) that our receiving corps is below average outside of Diggs.

Edited by Billz4ever

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Such bad mojo all week with fans openly talking and planning trips to Atlanta.  I know a few people that booked hotels around Phoenix.  Coach interviewing, Poyer was blatantly saying goodbye to Buffalo even before the Bengals game. As much as i love Hamlin recovering i thought it was a distraction for him to be in the building all week.  Don’t get me wrong it’s fine, I’m happy for him but the guys played like this was a preseason game.

Dont want to come off insensitive, but I cringed whenever our reporters kept talking about Hamlin to the players/coaches.  

Agreed.. bad juju.  Poyers weird goodbye.  The Bengals talking brazen all week while our guys apparently were just sulking sadboys at practice. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.