Saffold said guys were "exhausted" this week and "out of gas"

Einstein

51 minutes ago, astb41 said:

If Allen doesn’t fumble vs Vikings or Allen hits McKenize for the go ahead TD in Miami, we get the bye and a week off and maybe things are different

Or we don’t have Allen and lose 12 games. We are nowhere without him… get off his case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the players on both sides of the ball got the Bengals best shot out of the gate and they knew they weren’t going to compete with that. Not with the game plans in place at least. That’s a demoralizing situation to be in. 

Edited by BarleyNY

8 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

How can you be exhausted?  You had a players day on Tuesday, a walkthrough on Wednesday and a family day on Saturday.  You only practiced on Thursday and Friday.  What the ***** do you have to be tired about?  Man this pisses me the ***** off.  

Every ***** team has adversity they have to go through.  Cincinnati had a shorter off-season than you did.  You played 1 less game than the rest of the league.  Well, now you have 6 months to rest.  Rest up I guess.....

The guy should rest up is Allen. Took a beating with no little help all football year.

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly can't believe he said that.  LOL.  This team outside of Milano, Allen, Diggs and T. Johnson is 10 ply soft.  

What the hell is going on in that locker room/ meeting room anymore?

That quote is one you keep to yourself.  What a loser.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I do think that played a part.  They did look emotionally drained.  But to be Honest Saffold everything we saw yesterday was there ALL Season just wasnt exploited in a way the Bengals worked us.

Yeah but that was the difference, even being emotionally spent, they can still beat 85% of the teams in the league just on talent.  But now playing a team just as talented, maybe even more, the exhaustion is the difference.

1 minute ago, nosejob said:

Dion was a turnstyle yesterday as well.

NIce guy, great “community guy” but his play has really slipped. How about less dancing and more weight room work. I know he is very talented for a big man but he sure looks out of shape.

One  of the “leaders” on the team… is he leading in the right way?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

We will once again have a hard time replacing Beasley.  Especially when we only draft and sign Defense.  God help Josh Allen because McBean sure is hell wont

For how little Dorsey used the short throw, I don't know why they even bothered bringing him back.

As Florio points out here, the personnel they have doesn't match the offense Dorsey is trying to run.

https://twitter.com/MichaelFFlorio/status/1617562332665872384?s=20&t=MtvA-GMGthvzdXjk9saWWQ

I think losing Jones on defense left us so thin up front they didn’t believe we would stop them.  Or most anyone. 

The D line yesterday:

Philips - one arm; didn’t even see him

Oliver - waiting to hear he needs surgery on his pec or something I’m just speculating.  Not worth the money he’d demand.  But we suck at this position so 

Rousseau - looks lost

Basham - should be a solid career backup 

#51 - I don’t even know who he is.  But he seemed to be out there a lot

AJ - Why can’t he be at least Trent Murphy 

Settle - hasn’t been good since week 1.  I think he’s hurt.  Also a career backup

Shaq - at this point if you’re going up against this list are you remotely concerned?  

We have elite at LB and in the Secondary when healthy.  

But in the trenches it’s pathetic.  We need a Quinnen Williams real bad.  Oliver ain’t it.  

1 minute ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

You may be right and I recognize that the D line got more pressure when Von was in the lineup.  I'm just pissed off today.

The Dline that they have wasted multiple, 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders invested in.  Had to sign a aging Von Miller to cover uo yhe failures of the past draft picks

16 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

We will once again have a hard time replacing Beasley.  Especially when we only draft and sign Defense.  God help Josh Allen because McBean sure is hell wont

Beasley isn't listed as a free agent on the site I'm looking at, either he signed for next year as well or was signed after this site came out with the list and didn't update. Same can be said with John Brown so maybe they never updated the list.

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think losing Jones on defense left us so thin up front they didn’t believe we would stop them.  Or most anyone. 

The D line yesterday:

Philips - one arm; didn’t even see him

Oliver - waiting to hear he needs surgery on his pec or something I’m just speculating.  Not worth the money he’d demand.  But we suck at this position so 

Rousseau - looks lost

Basham - should be a solid career backup 

#51 - I don’t even know who he is.  But he seemed to be out there a lot

AJ - Why can’t he be at least Trent Murphy 

Settle - hasn’t been good since week 1.  I think he’s hurt.  Also a career backup

Shaq - at this point if you’re going up against this list are you remotely concerned?  

We have elite at LB and in the Secondary when healthy.  

But in the trenches it’s pathetic.  We need a Quinnen Williams real bad.  Oliver ain’t it.  

Trade Oliver this year, not like we will miss him.  He rarely shows up, looks like an udfa

• Like (+1) 1

Bills are getting brutalized in the comments to the article, by both Bills fans and enemies.

One example:

"touchback6 says:

January 23, 2023 at 12:25 pm

No mental toughness. They showed it last year, too.

Maybe if you were mature and addressed the 13 second chokejob last year instead of ducking and running like McDermott did immediately after last year’s loss in all of his arrogance, you would be more mentally tough this year as a team.

You had every chance in the world to win it for Hamlin and you simply got out-everything’d at home.

Suggestion: Stop reading your press clippings that you like to do induce so much via the media and social media. You’re not special. You’ve won nothing except a couple of division titles as NE rebuilds.

Enjoy the cap hell and personnel losses in upcoming seasons."

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Beasley isn't listed as a free agent on the site I'm looking at, either he signed for next year as well or was signed after this site came out with the list and didn't update. Same can be said with John Brown so maybe they never updated the list.

Great.  Beane got the green light to go all Defense once again this year!  Get that DL that puts us over the hump!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.