On the other hand we could be Cowboys fans...

JMM

Look at that team. Objectively they are more talented across the board than the Bills. Especially on offense, and on D they have playmaker and a likely future HOF in Parsons. So, why are they once again sitting at home and running in place? Because of their QB. He's just good enough to get them knocked out of the playoffs early each year. They are in qb purgatory.  My point? The Bills future is still very bright. They have in Allen a generational talent, who is setting records. Who is likely on his way to a HOF career. Who is just now entering his prime years. 

In the NFL now you win with a great qb with a top ten O and a good but not great D, that is stout and aggressive.  In the age of parity and salary cap, you cannot have both a great O and D, pretty much impossible. 

So, I'm hoping that McBean will be able to do what's needed now. You have to build this team around your franchise. Put all the available resources into building a O line and get wrs and playmakers on the O to support him. Including a commitment to a viable running game.

On D I've made it very clear that Frazier must go. His passive style has been a disaster the last 3 years in the playoffs.  I don't care about regular season stats! We should let Edmunds go, and several others. Ed likely will need to move on too. Money has to be allocated to the O. Get me an experienced aggressive hard nosed DC, Fangio comes to mind. 

We can win a SB with a great O led by Josh and a stout average aggressive D. 

Get er done!!!!

Why would I take solace in that?

Cowboys look like the NFC version of Buffalo, but without an elite QB.

They are held back by coaching that Jerry Jones seems to be loyal to at the moment and they have a bunch of money tied up in good players, with only one elite guy in Micah Parsons.  

They lost to a team with multiple elite guys and better coaching.  Same as us. 

Edited by SCBills

10 minutes ago, JMM said:

Look at that team. Objectively they are more talented across the board than the Bills. Especially on offense, and on D they have playmaker and a likely future HOF in Parsons. So, why are they once again sitting at home and running in place? Because of their QB. He's just good enough to get them knocked out of the playoffs early each year. They are in qb purgatory.  My point? The Bills future is still very bright. They have in Allen a generational talent, who is setting records. Who is likely on his way to a HOF career. Who is just now entering his prime years. 

In the NFL now you win with a great qb with a top ten O and a good but not great D, that is stout and aggressive.  In the age of parity and salary cap, you cannot have both a great O and D, pretty much impossible. 

So, I'm hoping that McBean will be able to do what's needed now. You have to build this team around your franchise. Put all the available resources into building a O line and get wrs and playmakers on the O to support him. Including a commitment to a viable running game.

On D I've made it very clear that Frazier must go. His passive style has been a disaster the last 3 years in the playoffs.  I don't care about regular season stats! We should let Edmunds go, and several others. Ed likely will need to move on too. Money has to be allocated to the O. Get me an experienced aggressive hard nosed DC, Fangio comes to mind. 

We can win a SB with a great O led by Josh and a stout average aggressive D. 

Get er done!!!!

Yeah, but if someone is a legit Cowboys fan and had been for a long while...they have 5 SB wins.  Mediocrity and choking the playoffs sucks...but it probably feels a hell of a lot better if you have those SB wins in the bank.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.