Fire Leslie Frazier?

WIDE LEFT

Frazier's bend but don't break schemes are fine when you're playing against middle of the road quarterbacks, but against the top tier qb's it's a complete disaster.  If we compare Burrow's game against Baltimore's defense last week and our defense yesterday.  What a difference.  It must have been a piece of cake for Burrow.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

The Bills D has been fools gold for a while.  Made their reputation last year against lousy teams.  Their secret to success is allowing the short stuff, long drives, then bailing themselves out by forcing a turnover or 4th down stop or limiting to a FG.  Yesterday they couldn’t even stop 3rd downs. 

Just look at the stats,  they even let a trash QB like the Jets Wilson to hang numbers on them.  I am so sick of seeing DB's playing 10-12 yards off of the line.

• Like (+1) 2

I will join the chorus and say I - and others watching the game with me - were routinely asking the TV screen - "Why the heck are they calling that play on defense!?"  Our defense was playing SCARED the entire game.  I understand the weather conditions were rough (and we are dealing with injuries), but the constant dropping back of safeties deep and leaving the middle wide open was a bit much in the snow.  Neither QB was having much success throwing long so I think Frazier needed to make some additional adjustments and take some chances.  Another play that immediately comes to mind near the end of the first half when the Bengals were in the red zone - we decided to do an "all-out blitz" up the gut, but our secondary drops back in coverage.  What's the point of an all-out blitz if every receiver is going to be immediately open for a quick pass?  Jam those receivers and take a chance.

All in all, Frazier is just too conservative in my book.  Take some more chances and mix things up, even if we do have a lot of subs in there.

Edited by Murdox
  • Like (+1) 1

Whoever has drafted all these wasted defensive picks when you ignore weapons and protection for one of the best qbs in the league is who needs to be fired.  We have been patient with "the process"   but the process sucks and has failed.  At this point, if you can't make the SB with Josh Allen as your Qb you need to be fired

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.