How many chances will McDermott get?

Awwufelloff

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

AF46E864-071E-4B0F-8AF3-E78A5288883A.jpeg

51-22 record over the last 4 years. 5 playoff appearances in 6 years. 3 AFC East titles. He's a bum.  By the way, nice touch with the dark mode, large font. Looks more ominous.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

McDermott should not be untouchable in terms of getting fired. He has a freaking unicorn at QB and refused to build around him. He's a defensive minded guy who put ALL the investment on defense. Look what happened. Burrow and Mahomes had help.  Their team helping their QB and not focused on high draft picks on defense.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I have not forgotten about the drought. I am old. I remember when OJ Simpson was used as a decoy. Here's the bottom line: you play to win the SB. The point of reaching the playoffs is to win in them. Making them to lose, often in embarrasing fashion is just an exercise in masochism. We are wasting the early prime years of a HOF level qb. Now Josh has to watch Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, and a rookie last pick in the draft compete for a championship. You establish long-term legacy by what you do in the playoffs. If there's any self-awareness, Terry Pegula makes changes now, not waiting for another year of regular season success and post-season failure.

13 playoff teams "fail" every year. 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

51-22 record over the last 4 years. 5 playoff appearances in 6 years. 3 AFC East titles. He's a bum.

Getting to the superbowl is all that matters. Eagles got rid of Reid and won a superbowl. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Getting to the superbowl is all that matters. Eagles got rid of Reid and won a superbowl. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. 

That's the answer. Keep cleaning house until you win. Brilliant.

The new definition of insanity is using that quote.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

13 playoff teams "fail" every year. 

If you're satisfied with where the franchise is right now, that's your prerogative. I think it's an abolute dereliction if they basically stand pat. They'll have to cut folks to be a player in FA. There is only so much you can accomplish in a single draft. So, I believe coaching philosophy needs to change. They've got a good system for winning the regular season. They flame out in the playoffs unless Josh Allen is literally close to perfect. Not good enough, that's my prerogative.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

The same questions were said about Andy Reid before he got over the hump. 

I know everyone is upset but in my opinion that would be a mistake at this moment. He still has a lot of leeway from me but some changes do need to be made.  

And for all the love for Andy Reid, he's still only won 1 title & that was with Mahomes in 2019.

Guess he sucks!

Just now, Dr. Who said:

If you're satisfied with where the franchise is right now, that's your prerogative. I think it's an abolute dereliction if they basically stand pat. They'll have to cut folks to be a player in FA. There is only so much you can accomplish in a single draft. So, I believe coaching philosophy needs to change. They've got a good system for winning the regular season. They flame out in the playoffs unless Josh Allen is literally close to perfect. Not good enough, that's my prerogative.

I'm not satisfied, but I know holding my breath and stomping my feet doesn't work either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

It's easy to cherry pick some tough losses over the years and ignore the fact we are a top tier team in the playoffs each season.  Some really dumb takes on why he will be here next year. I think he definitely has earned another shot. 

This team was thoroughly embarrassed in their own house yesterday.  This was not a top tier team in the playoffs.  A top tier team is what dominated the Bills in every aspect of the game with 3 starters out on the O-line.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

He will get way too many changes in the name of "continunity."  Continunity of what, exactly, should be the question.  This quote from Allen says it all.  They were unprepared and out coached: 

Josh Allen said. “Our goal is to win a Super Bowl or World Championship and we didn't accomplish that. So everything that happened in the season is kind of null and void in our minds and it sucks. That's the way it goes sometimes. They had a good game plan, credit to those guys, they came out and played hard. We just didn't have it today.”

This was after yesterday's game, but could be a quote from any of those horrid McD playoff losses.  We ever beat an equal or favored team in the playoffs?  Nope.  

Allen's comments are an honest assessment.  There's no trophy for 5th place.  And the Bills game plan on both sides of the ball was about as predictable as they come.  The Bengals certainly knew it.  And most importantly the Bills players knew it too.  I wonder if knowing they were destined to be out coached, out prepared, and out game planned left the team with no confidence stepping out onto the field? 

I'm not satisfied, but I know holding my breath and stomping my feet doesn't work either.

I'm not either. I can't multitask and so I'd have to stop typing to accomplish all that.

I don't see it as childish to want accountability. I already pointed out the constraints of roster change.

The most direct path to change is different strategies on O and D. Maybe Dorsey matures and becomes better.

No chance Fraser does anything new. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm not either. I can't multitask and so I'd have to stop typing to accomplish all that.

I don't see it as childish to want accountability. I already pointed out the constraints of roster change.

The most direct path to change is different strategies on O and D. Maybe Dorsey matures and becomes better.

No chance Fraser does anything new. 

I'm all for making changes with coordinators and personnel. I'm not for firing the coach and GM.

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

LOL!!!!  Any coach??? Dick "Skelator" Jauron? Mike "Meathead" Mularkey? Greggo Williams?? Chan Friggin' Gailey?? Were you in a coma during the drought?

Oh woe is us! We have a franchise QB but can't win the big one! Get a grip and suck it up. You're not going to fire your way to a title. How many house cleanings did we endure for 17 years? Here's a little perspective for you. We've been to the playoffs 5 times in 6 seasons.  We have 4 10+ win season in a row. Three straight AFC East titles. Do we step on our own d***s in the playoffs? Yes, but you don't blow up a good team out of spite. Make changes but don't get crazy.

By the way, the last time we had a 10+ win season before this run was 1999. Yesterday sucked but it was a lot worse for a very vey long time.

Allen or McD, make a choice.  Without Allen this is a 5-6 win team.

I'm all for making changes with coordinators and personnel. I'm not for firing the coach and GM.

No, I'm not arguing for that, though if Josh Allen doesn't start winning playoff games, their tenure will rightly be on a hot seat.

11 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

This team was thoroughly embarrassed in their own house yesterday.  This was not a top tier team in the playoffs.  A top tier team is what dominated the Bills in every aspect of the game with 3 starters out on the O-line.

the Oline issues were overblown as their backups are quite good.  Yes we were dominated.  Not gonna defend either coordinator.  Our D was missing how many starters?  Does that factor in? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.