Rare Unity on TBD

Mark92

I got a nickel back when i made change today. It felt soft so i threw it on the ground

17 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

He is 47-18 his last 4 seasons as HC with 3 straight Division titles.

How do you move on in all seriousness? 

The Bucs won in 02 because they fired Dungy when it became obvious he wasnt a playoff coach

25 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yesterdays game was not about the coaches.

We were simply outmatched. Physically. 

The talent discrepancy was glaring.

Could the coaches have made better decisions to make it a bit closer? Sure. But the reason we lost is the Bengals are better.

I wholeheartedly disagree.  We have talent, though I agree not as in abundance as Cincy, but we have talent.  Our coaches just don’t put them in good positions.   Why rush then play 10 yards off the guy we Know will be getting the ball?  How do we not get to the QB -ever?  Why do we even have RBs on the team when Allen is the leading rusher?  

it took 10 games to get Cook Involved.  Single tart was getting good solid yards then we stop what’s working and we just Bomb it out?   

I’ve been saying since early in the season FraZier was killing us and here is the results. I’m losing faith in McD because he should have taken full control of the D after the first drive. 

unless there are some wholesale changes in coaches we could have a teamfull of Allen’s and Diggs and still lose. 

Frasier is a losing coach, and Dorsey is over his head.  We need to give Allen every weapon possible and protection. If he had the time Burrow had we would be unstoppable 

10 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

idc if Frasier stays or goes,  but that man,  did more with less,  than any other D coordinator this season.  

Not in the Front-4 he didn't.  That's probably our biggest problem.

Also, tag Beane here, the reason why we are limited to 2 LB sets is because on his watch we've never had more than two staring caliber LBs.

Except for Bernard last year, Beane hasn't drafted one LB in his last 4 drafts on days 1 or 2.  Given the complete vacancy in the starting role there ...

Edited by PBF81

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Aside from the 17 year drought and all the winning we have been doing the past few years, the fact that the Sabres have been playing embarrassing hockey 11 of the last 12 years under Pegula gives me major pause when it comes to the changing of any guard.

Things could get as bad as it has ever been for this franchise.

Eichel wasnt Allen. Tanking for Eichel is one of the worst decisions a sports franchise has ever made

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

Ooops what?   why dont you tell me the answer to your question.

You claimed that the slippery conditions led to the Bengals offense having an advantage. Where was that same advantage for the Bills offense. 

Edited by LabattBlue

Just now, Real McNasty said:

Well when Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are your starting QB's what do you expect? He won a ring with Manning in Indy.

Yea he won one in Indy after being embarressed in playoffs year in and year out. Manning ended up going to 3 without Dungy, only one with him.

5 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

idc if Frasier stays or goes,  but that man,  did more with less,  than any other D coordinator this season.   guys were missing all over the place.   rookies trying to fill in.  3rd string guys playing.   its a miracle the D played as well as they did all season.    Frasier held them together with duct tape and scheme.   yes it didnt work against an offense with 4 legit weapons on a day where it was so slippery the D couldnt anticipate and break on throws.   stuff happens.   we won games because of Frasier.

Yes, there were injuries, but name me a defense that has this many vets and this much money and high draft picks invested in it.  Our entire starting back 7 made north of 8M per year outside of our 1st round pick at CB this year.  And our D Line had 2 first round picks, 2 round picks, Von Miller, Jones at $8m per year, Settle at $5m per year, and Phillips and Lawson.  Frazier/Mcdermott have been given everything they want on D and when the chips are on the line, the D gets their asses handed to them.  Let’s change philosophy and start spending more money and draft resources on the offensive side.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

Aside from the 17 year drought and all the winning we have been doing the past few years, the fact that the Sabres have been playing embarrassing hockey 11 of the last 12 years under Pegula gives me major pause when it comes to the changing of any guard.

Things could get as bad as it has ever been for this franchise.

With a healthy Allen here, it can only be so bad.

Alternate take: 

Without Allen here it's more of the same of "the last 20 years."

This is a 5-12/6-11 team without Allen.  It's not good otherwise.  Allen is carrying ALL the coaches' water.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

You claimed that the slippery conditions led to the Bengals offense having an advantage. Where was that same advantage for the Bills offense. 

mbe because Cincy was calling plays that allowed Burrow to get rid of the ball in under 3sec.    u know,  that same infuriating stuff that Brady did if a D played a certain way.   Frasier and McD have always played this D as bend but dont break.   so with the terrible footing,  were damn well playing dont break.   so if u adjust to the short stuff to stop that,  then the long ball opens up.   our O didnt adjust,  thats not on Frasier.     this banged up defense relied on the other team screwing up,   it just didnt happen,  not many dropped balls,  etc.

of course the conditions favor the offense when its slippery.   ask Dorsey why Josh had no time,  why we couldnt run slants or short stuff.  ask him why we havent been able to run a screen since Thurman and Kelly.   fact is,  the conditions do matter.   

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

mbe because Cincy was calling plays that allowed Burrow to get rid of the ball in under 3sec.    u know,  that same infuriating stuff that Brady did if a D played a certain way.   Frasier and McD have always played this D as bend but dont break.   so with the terrible footing,  were damn well playing dont break.   so if u adjust to the short stuff to stop that,  then the long ball opens up.   our O didnt adjust,  thats not on Frasier.     this banged up defense relied on the other team screwing up,   it just didnt happen,  not many dropped balls,  etc.

of course the conditions favor the offense when its slippery.   ask Dorsey why Josh had no time,  why we couldnt run slants or short stuff.  ask him why we havent been able to run a screen since Thurman and Kelly.   fact is,  the conditions do matter.   

Nvm. Not arguing with someone who likes to move the goalposts to fit their reply. 

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Playoffs are what matters and our Defense has failed miserably against KC(2) & CIN these past 3 years. 

Average of 33 points per game (in regulation) allowed in four playoff games against KC (2), Miami, and Cinci.  Two of those were home games 

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Nvm. Not arguing with someone who likes to move the goalposts to fit their reply. 

lol ok.  find somebody else to argue with then.   suits me fine cupcake.  nothing i said isnt a fact.  i know nobody gives an f about actual facts nowadays though.   for somebody that was just looking for a fight,  you sure gave up easy.

Edited by bigduke6

18 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I got a nickel back when i made change today. It felt soft so i threw it on the ground

The Bucs won in 02 because they fired Dungy when it became obvious he wasnt a playoff coach

This team has reached its ceiling under McBeane. 

Beane's "solutions" via the draft are not solutions, and McD is incapable of out coaching the better coaches in the league. 

How long are we going to rest on comparisons to "the last 20 years."  I mean if THAT'S the standard it's a ridiculously low bar.  

As to Beane, if Allen gets hurt we'll be right back there, maybe worse.

9 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

I completely agree about conditions.  I knew we were trouble on the first play from scrimmage.  Edmunds had responsibility for the receive (Chase, IIRC) in zone, and Burrow went right at him.  The pickins’ only got easier thereafter.  We tried to move out safeties around a little bit post-snap, but it just wasn’t there.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Real McNasty said:

For me it's simple, get Allen a top 5 NFL Offensive line and the Bills on O will be unstoppable. Throw in another Solid WR and we are golden.

Seriously, enough of our High resources on defense. I hope most fans and TBD see this as well. 

Been saying it for years, since a guy names Drew was QB. The Bills online is always a weak link. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Been saying it for years, since a guy names Drew was QB. The Bills online is always a weak link. 

Last great OL we had was during the SB years.  Hull, Wolford, Ritcher, Ballard. 

Oh, wait, maybe THAT'S why we went to the Super Bowl.

Call us nuts!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yesterdays game was not about the coaches.

We were simply outmatched. Physically. 

The talent discrepancy was glaring.

Could the coaches have made better decisions to make it a bit closer? Sure. But the reason we lost is the Bengals are better.

No it was the Coaches.  Cincy, with a bad OL, had 3 out and still dominated.

After two drives January 2, the Bills come out and allow 2 TD drives yesterday at home.  

14-7 and just before half as bad as everything was going the script easily could have been flipped, but terrible coaching & play calling.  First & goal to start the second half and again three dud plays.

Cincy did not steamroll Balt two weeks in a row at home (and Huntley moved the ball).  TB dominated them for a half too.  

If it makes you feel better that Cincy talentwise is superior, go ahead, I disagree.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.