Rare Unity on TBD

Mark92

4 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Pssshhhh.  I'm pretty happy winning 12+ games every year and being one of the top teams in the hunt every year.  The grass usually is NOT greener on the other side.  We lost a playoff game with an injury, tragedy, acts of God filled season of turmoil.  I'm OK with that and don't see the need to overreact.  So funny how everyone is running to fire our coaches when we just had the 2nd highest scoring team with the 2nd fewest points allowed.  We lost Von to injury, it killed our pass rush and ruined our real SB chances.  It's really that simple.

Your sample window is too small. How about adding in "13 seconds" from last year, for example, for more context. There's a pattern with this management and coaching staff, and ownership is way too deferring and passive.

1 minute ago, Mark92 said:

So you are happy with running everything back next year?  Same everything just a few different players?

There is an enormous difference between firing the GM, coach and coordinators (all called for today on the forum) and making improvements for next year. If we were talking in person, I would laugh at your question. 

I wish we should have gotten notice that Frazier was out by now. The ax should have been flying the minute that game ended last night. If they hold no one accountable and keep running it back with the same schemes and players, no one will fear losing their job no matter how bad they mess up. 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Why isn't he?  Why has a guy who has won nothing, blew a lead w/ 13 seconds last year, and got dominated this year achieved untouchable status?

He is 47-18 his last 4 seasons as HC with 3 straight Division titles.

How do you move on in all seriousness? 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Oh yes we can. Look at the resources invested. Look at the result.

You want to give them MORE resources to waste?

Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing expecting different results?

It's a offensive league. The rules favor offense. 

So you want to win offensive shootouts every week ? 

Ravens D did a decent job against the Bengals and & might have won if Lamar had played. 

Interior DL needs help - Poyer gone - Edmunds deal is not a sure thing - will Tre return to form - all things to consider.

28 minutes ago, Einstein said:

But the reason we lost is the Bengals are better.

Most 1Ds allowed all season 

2nd Most Yards allowed

5th Most Passing Yards allowed 

4th Most Rushing Yards allowed 

Fewest Points Scored all season 

2nd Fewest 1Ds 

3rd Fewest Yards gained 

Fewest Rushing Yards (by 27 yards) 

They're not THAT much better.

We started our game vs. them IN Cinci better.  

This was a cataclysmic failure, the team came into the game completely unprepared.  

Coaching/Beane is clearly the primary issue.  

Remember, Cinci was playing with a patchwork OL, that played better than our starting OL.

And if they are that much better, than this team will be incapable of ever advancing significantly in the playoffs 

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

For me it's simple, get Allen a top 5 NFL Offensive line and the Bills on O will be unstoppable. Throw in another Solid WR and we are golden.

Seriously, enough of our High resources on defense. I hope most fans and TBD see this as well. 

Good luck telling our stubborn defensive HC not to continue drafting players on D.  He's had 5 years to improve this OL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Feeling a bit like Green Bay. All that investment in the D Line has produced nada. ignoring the O Line killed us this year. We lost both trenches and were pushed around like a high school team. 

That’s what I fear Beane is a Carolina Panther disciple. He built this team like his old Carolina days mediocre offensive talent masked by a great QB at the time in Cam Newton. So they could load up on D. 
The same model is being used in Green Bay now and in reality being used here. Brandon Beanes big off season move to protect Josh was Roger Saffold on 1 year deal but he added a bunch of defensive free agents. 

21 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Like it or not, McDermott ain’t going anywhere.  I think the best we can hope for is McBeane realizes you gotta bring in a fresh voice at D coordinator who can do more with less and allocate more cap resources to the offense.

idc if Frasier stays or goes,  but that man,  did more with less,  than any other D coordinator this season.   guys were missing all over the place.   rookies trying to fill in.  3rd string guys playing.   its a miracle the D played as well as they did all season.    Frasier held them together with duct tape and scheme.   yes it didnt work against an offense with 4 legit weapons on a day where it was so slippery the D couldnt anticipate and break on throws.   stuff happens.   we won games because of Frasier.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

I wish we should have gotten notice that Frazier was out by now. The ax should have been flying the minute that game ended last night. If they hold no one accountable and keep running it back with the same schemes and players, no one will fear losing their job no matter how bad they mess up. 

Broken-Record Response:

They'll learn from it and move on.

Funny thing tho, McD keeps saying that, but they never seem to learn anything from it.  Groundhog Day.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I don't post on here that often but I definitely lurk and read a lot.  I think we can all agree that it's rare to see such unity when it comes to a certain opinion.  Normally after the season ends you always get a thread or 2 about firing this coach or that coach or trading this player or that player.  What's unusual is it normally stops or you see rebuttal posts.  Yes it hasn't been 24 hrs yet but the majority of us realize something needs to change.  Is it the GM, the head coach, the Coordinators, position coach's or players?  Lots of opinions but we all seem to agree that major shakeup needs to happen.  We finally have Josh Allen here in Buffalo and we can't keep doing this.  If Beane truly wants to win a Super Bowl then EVERYTHING is on the table this morning.  Good job TBD and I hope we can keep their feet to the fire.  

Not just us... WGR personalities are echoing the same sentiments.  Openly saying that all options should be on the table this off-season. 

30 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The more I think about it the more I get on board with cleaning house. Changing coordinators still has the head coach that's made questionable decisions 4 years running in playoffs. 

Aside from the 17 year drought and all the winning we have been doing the past few years, the fact that the Sabres have been playing embarrassing hockey 11 of the last 12 years under Pegula gives me major pause when it comes to the changing of any guard.

Things could get as bad as it has ever been for this franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, bigduke6 said:

idc if Frasier stays or goes,  but that man,  did more with less,  than any other D coordinator this season.   guys were missing all over the place.   rookies trying to fill in.  3rd string guys playing.   its a miracle the D played as well as they did all season.    Frasier held them together with duct tape and scheme.   yes it didnt work against an offense with 4 legit weapons on a day where it was so slippery the D couldnt anticipate and break on throws.   stuff happens.   we won games because of Frasier.

How come the slippery conditions didn’t benefit the Bills offense?   Ooops. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

Playoffs are what matters and our Defense has failed miserably against KC(2) & CIN these past 3 years. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Good luck telling our stubborn defensive HC not to continue drafting players on D.  He's had 5 years to improve this OL.

I can only pray that Beane calls it out as our #1 team priority to McD this offseason. Who's in charge though when it's all said and done? Beane or McD?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.