Rare Unity on TBD

Mark92

I don't post on here that often but I definitely lurk and read a lot.  I think we can all agree that it's rare to see such unity when it comes to a certain opinion.  Normally after the season ends you always get a thread or 2 about firing this coach or that coach or trading this player or that player.  What's unusual is it normally stops or you see rebuttal posts.  Yes it hasn't been 24 hrs yet but the majority of us realize something needs to change.  Is it the GM, the head coach, the Coordinators, position coach's or players?  Lots of opinions but we all seem to agree that major shakeup needs to happen.  We finally have Josh Allen here in Buffalo and we can't keep doing this.  If Beane truly wants to win a Super Bowl then EVERYTHING is on the table this morning.  Good job TBD and I hope we can keep their feet to the fire.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

For me it's simple, get Allen a top 5 NFL Offensive line and the Bills on O will be unstoppable. Throw in another Solid WR and we are golden.

Seriously, enough of our High resources on defense. I hope most fans and TBD see this as well. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I don't post on here that often but I definitely lurk and read a lot.  I think we can all agree that it's rare to see such unity when it comes to a certain opinion.  Normally after the season ends you always get a thread or 2 about firing this coach or that coach or trading this player or that player.  What's unusual is it normally stops or you see rebuttal posts.  Yes it hasn't been 24 hrs yet but the majority of us realize something needs to change.  Is it the GM, the head coach, the Coordinators, position coach's or players?  Lots of opinions but we all seem to agree that major shakeup needs to happen.  We finally have Josh Allen here in Buffalo and we can't keep doing this.  If Beane truly wants to win a Super Bowl then EVERYTHING is on the table this morning.  Good job TBD and I hope we can keep their feet to the fire.  

I have my eyes on Beane he has relied for 3 years on Josh making mediocre receivers and olinemen look better than they are while he gets these defensive fantasties in the draft and free agency. 
This has to change 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Yesterdays game was not about the coaches.

We were simply outmatched. Physically. 

The talent discrepancy was glaring.

Could the coaches have made better decisions to make it a bit closer? Sure. But the reason we lost is the Bengals are better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

For me it's it's simple, get Allen a top 5 NFL Offensive line and the Bills on O will be unstoppable. Throw in another Solid WR and we are golden.

Seriously, enough of our High resources on defense. I hope most fans and TBD see this as well. 

Can't neglect the D totally - Bengals had their way with us running and passing. 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Could the coaches have made better decisions to make it a bit closer? Sure. But the reason we lost is the Bengals are better.

Isn't it the coaches who decide what "talent" makes the roster, and who starts? Like it or not, they are complicit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Seventeen said:

Can't neglect the D totally - Bengals had their way with us running and passing. 

Oh yes we can. Look at the resources invested. Look at the result.

You want to give them MORE resources to waste?

Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing expecting different results?

It's a offensive league. The rules favor offense. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Pssshhhh.  I'm pretty happy winning 12+ games every year and being one of the top teams in the hunt every year.  The grass usually is NOT greener on the other side.  We lost a playoff game with an injury, tragedy, acts of God filled season of turmoil; still having 13 wins and a playoff win.  I'm OK with that and don't see the need to overreact.  So funny how everyone is running to fire our coaches when we just had the 2nd highest scoring team with the 2nd fewest points allowed.  We lost Von to injury, it killed our pass rush and ruined our real SB chances.  It's really that simple.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

They were utterly Dominated in the trenches on both sides.

If the Dline with so much investment can't do ***** against 2nd stringers at least give Allen and Co. a chance to dictate how the Opposing O will need to respond. 

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I have my eyes on Beane he has relied for 3 years on Josh making mediocre receivers and olinemen look better than they are while he gets these defensive fantasties in the draft and free agency. 
This has to change 

Feeling a bit like Green Bay. All that investment in the D Line has produced nada. ignoring the O Line killed us this year. We lost both trenches and were pushed around like a high school team. 

• Like (+1) 4

We have a defensive minded head coach who's defense can't stop anything.  What I don't know is how much Control Frazier has.  Is the D his baby or does McDermott have Frazier run his system?  I think revamping OL and a new D Coordinator that can run their own system is what is needed.  I really liked this team and I hate that it ended this way.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I am absolutely not unified with the current "throw the bums out" messages on this board. I consider today's threads to be knee-jerk temper tantrums that do not provide quality thought or interesting reading. With that, my presence and participation will be significantly scaled back for about a week, hoping the outrage will cool.

Edited by RochesterLifer
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RochesterLifer said:

I can only speak for myself, but I am absolutely not unified with the current "throw the bums out" messages on this board. I consider today's threads to be knee-jerk temper tantrums that do not provides quality thought or interesting reading. With that, my presence and participation will be significantly scaled back for about a week, hoping the outrage will cool.

So you are happy with running everything back next year?  Same everything just a few different players?

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Like it or not, McDermott ain’t going anywhere.  I think the best we can hope for is McBeane realizes you gotta bring in a fresh voice at D coordinator who can do more with less and allocate more cap resources to the offense.

Why isn't he?  Why has a guy who has won nothing, blew a lead w/ 13 seconds last year, and got dominated this year achieved untouchable status?

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.