Where was the leadership - Von Miller?

Returntoglory

1 minute ago, Returntoglory said:

I saw a glaring lack of team leadership yesterday.

Was Von on the sidelines?

We were completely lost.

Who are the "leaders" on this team and did they step up??

You are absolutely correct. Nobody stepped up and got pissed off with the lack of effort on defense or the hot garbage that the offense served up. Diggs frustration at the end of the game could have been used much earlier.  Frazier is the last person on earth that would have done something but his Bears teammates  in 85 would have never put up with being embarrassed like that. Somebody needed to step up and get in the faces of that defense and remind them of the moment they were in.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Von Miller? He is not the leader on defense. Edmunds is supposed to be. He simply isn’t. Has anyone ever seen him get mad? Or huddle up his guys? Or take charge in ANY way? Nope! 

He literally did that last week. You should watch the mic'd up video if you haven't already. That hit on Ahmed was one of the best of the year.

I don’t disagree with taking the flyer on Von. Our pass rush created legitimate problems for the 8 games he played (first time this has happened under McDermott).  The issue is why we had to take the flyer on the aging pass rusher.  We drafted three defensive ends and pass rushing DT in the first and second rounds and all of them were easily handled by a makeshift offensive line. 

Edited by Charles Romes
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s it? He did it last week? Maybe you disagree but 100% I’m ready to move on from this guy. 

Yes, that's it. You claimed something that isn't true so I pointed it out to you. It's not a philosophical disagreement. It's just a point of fact.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

We were completely lost.

Haven’t had one on the defensive side of the ball besides Poyer maybe for five years.  This team folds when another team stands up and punches us in the mouth. It’s a reflection of McDermott and Frazier

2 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Haven’t had one on the defensive side of the ball besides Poyer maybe for five years.  This team folds when another team stands up and punches us in the mouth. It’s a reflection of McDermott and Frazier

It’s utterly obvious but people don’t want to face it. We have entire threads about Diggs showing emotional frustration on the sideline yesterday. Is ANYONE talking about ANYBODY on the defensive side of the ball trying to rally the troops during that same game? Nope! Frazier is standing there with his typical blank stare and nobody on the starting eleven looks to be taking charge…at all! 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

We were completely lost.

No, you just saw a team that was mentally and emotionally drained from having to climb countless mountains during the year and it finally exerted a physical toll on them.

31 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No, you just saw a team that was mentally and emotionally drained from having to climb countless mountains during the year and it finally exerted a physical toll on them.

Countless mountains huh.   I counted one.   The rest would be the kind of stuff other teams face as well

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Please, emotionally drained? The should have been riding high not hanging their heads 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.